Old 07-29-2022, 05:25 PM   #1
ronnydee
Human being with feelings

Default Mixer USB Input issue?

MacOs Big Sur Imac4K

I have 2 drum controllers each with a USB connected to each USB port. MacOS detects each no problems.

Addictive Drums used as the plugin for my Drums - create a virtual instrument track with the Addictive Drums VST. No issues recording and playback.

I use Gen16 cymbals. I connect the L/R output from the Gen16 controller into a mixer. I can hear my cymbals when playing no issue there.

Since the GEn16 is not a triggered system, I need to create a separate track for the mixer USB connection. The mixer USB is connected to the IMac usb port. The MacOS detects I have the mixer USB, and creates a USB Audio Codec.

When I first recorded, I had both Addictive Drums and The Gen16 cymbals recording and playing back. But, not sure what is going on now. I still can record Addictive Drums (track 1). But nothing on the Gen16 cymbal USB track (track 2).

As shown in the attached pic, Addictive Drums Track 1 is recorded, and Gen16 Cymbals track 2 IS NOT.
Attached Images
File Type: png Reaper.png (201.3 KB, 73 views)
ronnydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 08:07 AM   #2
ronnydee
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnydee View Post
MacOs Big Sur Imac4K

I have 2 drum controllers each with a USB connected to each USB port. MacOS detects each no problems.

Addictive Drums used as the plugin for my Drums - create a virtual instrument track with the Addictive Drums VST. No issues recording and playback.

I use Gen16 cymbals. I connect the L/R output from the Gen16 controller into a mixer. I can hear my cymbals when playing no issue there.

Since the GEn16 is not a triggered system, I need to create a separate track for the mixer USB connection. The mixer USB is connected to the IMac usb port. The MacOS detects I have the mixer USB, and creates a USB Audio Codec.

When I first recorded, I had both Addictive Drums and The Gen16 cymbals recording and playing back. But, not sure what is going on now. I still can record Addictive Drums (track 1). But nothing on the Gen16 cymbal USB track (track 2).

As shown in the attached pic, Addictive Drums Track 1 is recorded, and Gen16 Cymbals track 2 IS NOT.
geeez, forgot to select Audio Device -> USB Audio Codec

All good now
ronnydee is offline   Reply With Quote