Old 05-06-2021, 12:53 PM   #1
ChrisBlue
Human being with feelings

Default PROBLEM FREEZING

I have frozen several tracks in a project and the process takes about 2 minutes each time (i.e it is doing the process) but the CPU on those individual tracks isn't changing and neither is the total CPU which is >80%. I'm freezing all the FX on the tracks not just the vsti. Any ideas please? Thanks
P.S. I just checked and it seems I can still change parameters on the plugins so what was Reaper doing for 2 minutes each time and how do I get it to freeze tracks if it isn't doing it?

Last edited by ChrisBlue; 05-06-2021 at 01:01 PM. Reason: more info
ChrisBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 04:42 AM   #2
ChrisBlue

If you freeze to last selected stereo FX shouldn't that reduce the cpu on that track and also be freezing the FX rather than just the vsti? Thanks
Old 05-08-2021, 11:08 AM   #3
valy

Is it actually lagging, though? I don't look at the performance meter much.
valy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 10:30 AM   #4
ChrisBlue

what do you mean by lagging please? My concern is that if the cpu doesn't go down with freezing then I'm always going to run into problems at some point in a mix. In the instruction videos the cpu on a frozen track goes to zero which is why I'm doing it, to free up space. Using vsti's on several tracks soon becomes unmanageable unless you can freeze. Also if the FX plugins on the track are still adjustable presumably then freezing hasn't worked (?)
Old 05-09-2021, 12:44 PM   #5
valy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlue View Post
what do you mean by lagging please?

Quote:
My concern is that if the cpu doesn't go down with freezing then I'm always going to run into problems at some point in a mix. In the instruction videos the cpu on a frozen track goes to zero which is why I'm doing it, to free up space. Using vsti's on several tracks soon becomes unmanageable unless you can freeze. Also if the FX plugins on the track are still adjustable presumably then freezing hasn't worked (?)
Can you record a video or something of the problem? I've never experienced this, and I freeze all manner of tracks (audio, VSTi, etc.) dozens of times a day.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:19 AM   #6
ChrisBlue

I would if I knew how, I've tried to record stuff for plugin makers using the X Box game bar app on the computer and even though I have the mic on in the app there is never any sound recorded, just the video and that has strange anomalies like the actual open instance of the vsti I'm trying to show them operating doesn't appear in the recording as if it wasn't on screen even though it was. I find computer stuff really frustrating
Old 05-10-2021, 09:33 AM   #7
valy

Do you have a smartphone?
Old 05-11-2021, 12:55 PM   #8
ChrisBlue

Yes Yes (one yes is too short to be postable)