Old 12-15-2019, 11:05 AM   #1
Dusan
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and BIAS FX2

Hi folks,

I recorded some guitar take with BIAS FX2 preset in Reaper. They sounds great, no problem here. However every time after I restart Reaper, the takes are not playing with the sound. I need to go to FX section of the take, open BIAS FX2, wait till it is loaded, then I can close it. I need to do it for all takes where BIAS FX2 is applied. Then they play again. Is there any way how to make Reaper playing my takes after I (re)open the session without "restarting" BIAS FX2 in FX section? I have Reaper 6.01 installed, Win 10, 64 bit. Thanks a lot.
Dusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #2
foxAsteria

I bet that has something to do with the fact that those plugins are online. I find it very annoying that I have to see the login every time I open a project and submitted a support ticket about it (Bias Amp 2).

But why would use it as take fx? Are they all different? If not, putting it on the track would at least save you some time and computer resources.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:13 AM   #3
Dusan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
I bet that has something to do with the fact that those plugins are online. I find it very annoying that I have to see the login every time I open a project and submitted a support ticket about it (Bias Amp 2).

But why would use it as take fx? Are they all different? If not, putting it on the track would at least save you some time and computer resources.
Sure, I meant 'track' not 'take'. I put the FX always on track level, not on takes. However the guys from Positive Grid were very helpful. They sent me updated beta version of Bias FX 2 which resolved the problem. They also advise me to wait till the next version is distributed. So now I am on the beta version but it works OK, no issues.
BTW - I have also experienced the issue with re-login to BIAS Amp 2. However as I don't use it regularly (I use rather BIAS FX2 on my tracks) I let it go. Maybe you can ask via Positive Grid contact form, they are very responsive (1 - 2 days). Let us know what advice they give to you.
Dusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:03 AM   #4
cprompt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusan View Post
However the guys from Positive Grid were very helpful. They sent me updated beta version of Bias FX 2 which resolved the problem. They also advise me to wait till the next version is distributed. So now I am on the beta version but it works OK, no issues.
Hey, thought I'd add my experience here... I had the same bug with Bias FX not loading properly (or at all) until the UI was opened, when it then would burst in to life. Contacted Positive Grid support on Sunday and by Monday morning, less than 12 hours later, I had a different version which worked perfectly. Actually, this version is older than the release version (so I guess it was before the bug was introduced), but I checked with support and the fix will definitely be rolled in to the next release version.
cprompt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:36 AM   #5
gusty7

Default Still a problem

Whatever Positive Grid say, this bug is still there in Bias FX 2 in 2021.

I actually have to go online and log in to my positive grid account before the plugin will work. It makes opening a project with multiple instances a chore.

I have stopped using Bias FX. It is not a useable VST as it stands and they don't seem bothered to fix this. Fortunately there are plenty of better amp sims out there...
gusty7 is offline   Reply With Quote