Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Recording Technologies and Techniques

Old 07-20-2018, 01:05 AM   #1
RDBOIS
Banned

Default 11025 Hz audio file ERROR - Steinberg UR22 audio interface and ASIO4ALL <SOLVED>

I bought the Steinberg UR22 audio interface a few weeks ago and sometimes when I record using ASIO4all the audio appears as "11025 Hz" in REAPER.

When I look at the frequency spectrum of the audio file using ReaEQ I see that it is truncated and everything above 5K is missing!

If I record using Direct Sound or WASAPI the file is recorded properly. However, if I change the soundcard setting back to ASIO the playback goes to 11025 Hz. But this issue can also fix itself after a while...

I don't know how to explain it better.

Anyone have a clue at what is going on and how to fix it?

Note: I know I can fix it by using Direct Sound or WASAPI, but I would like to have ASIO work with the UR22.

Last edited by RDBOIS; 07-20-2018 at 03:44 PM.
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:30 AM   #2
Xenakios
Human being with feelings

Why are you not using the interface's real ASIO drivers? (ASIO4ALL is just a hack that allows devices that don't have ASIO drivers to work via ASIO.)
Old 07-20-2018, 02:32 AM   #3
Stella645

Is there a reason you're not using the Steinberg driver?

Otherwise maybe some other audio playback is switching the audio rate....make sure Windows audio is set to play no sounds or deselect the card as Windows audio default.
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #4
RDBOIS
Banned

The reason I'm not using the Steinberg driver is because... What? There is a Steinberg driver?

Hold the phone...

In REAPER Option - Devices - Audio system:

(I see these options)

WDM
Direct Sound
Wave Out
ASIO
Dummy Audio
WASAPI

There is no option for Steinberg UR22.

AAhh Ooooo?! Something tells me I should look harder. Let's see here...

What if I select ASIO and I click on this dropdown button: ASIO DRIVER

Holy smoligans?! Did you see that? There's a second option that just appeared "Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO" . This option also appears if I dropdown scroll for Direct, WASAPI, etc.

Well I'll be...

That's it. All is good. Turns out I wasn't looking hard enough. I was assuming that the Steinberg DRIVER would be an addition to the Devices - Audio system, NOT a variant of ASIO4ALL.

Thanks guys for providing the appropriate question to get me working it out.

Ok. Now back to writing better songs.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:35 PM   #5
drumphil

ASIO4ALL isn't a type of driver. ASIO is a type of driver. Your interface has ASIO drivers. ASIO4ALL can be used as a wrapper for sound cards with WDM drivers so that DAW programs see them as an ASIO device.
drumphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:15 PM   #6
RDBOIS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumphil View Post
ASIO4ALL isn't a type of driver. ASIO is a type of driver. Your interface has ASIO drivers. ASIO4ALL can be used as a wrapper for sound cards with WDM drivers so that DAW programs see them as an ASIO device.
Shhhhhhhhhhh Not so loud. I got my computer and the DAW fooled and they are working perfectly as a team. Let's not tell them about the whole wrapper stuff.