Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 10-12-2019, 10:06 PM   #1
RobertWebb
Human being with feelings

Default iLok failed and now VST won't appear at all

I installed the trial of SONiVOX's Bright Electric Guitar, rebooted, and ran Reaper.

An iLok activation window appeared. I created an iLok account, clicked the confirmation link in the subsequent email, and then entered my details in the activation window.

HOWEVER, turns out it's not enough to click the confirmation link. You then also have to log in. First time I've ever seen a confirmation link that didn't do it's job straight away.

So when I tried to activate, it told me it wasn't confirmed yet. OK, no problem, so I finished the confirmation.

But now the Bright Electric Guitar VST is nowhere to be found in Reaper. The DLL is present on my computer, but not listed in Reaper. I tried uninstalling it, re-installing it, rebooting etc. Ran iLok manager, no sign of it.

I installed two other SONiVOX trials at the same time, and activated those after the email confirmation and they work fine. But no guitar. Again, VST is in the right place on the drive alongside the other VSTs, but not listed in Reaper.

How do I start the activation process again when it refuses to show the VST at all?

I realise this may be more of a SONiVOX/iLok question, but I figure maybe Reaper is deciding not to list the VST, making it impossible to activate properly.

Thanks,
Rob.
RobertWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:48 AM   #2
MusoBob

It may have got blacklisted check in reaper-vstplugins64.ini reaper-vstplugins.ini (Options > Show REAPER resource path...)
MusoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:32 AM   #3
RobertWebb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusoBob View Post
It may have got blacklisted check in reaper-vstplugins64.ini reaper-vstplugins.ini (Options > Show REAPER resource path...)
Awesome! I just deleted the line for BrightElectricGuitar and Reaper found it again. Working now.

Thanks!
RobertWebb is offline   Reply With Quote