Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-20-2010, 02:55 AM   #41
Document02
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollux View Post
Did you try the Mackie emulation for Sonar? That's the one I found works the best in Reaper.
Tried all of them, didn't notice much difference between Sonar & cubendo modes.

Now concerning Klinke's dev, the only mapping offering a "shift" button is the Logic one, and none offer "alt" button. (I am talking here about the mackie shift command to Reaper, located topmost right on Logic mapping, not the BCF internal gray/dark gray shifts).
Old 01-20-2010, 03:50 AM   #42
pollux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Document02 View Post
Tried all of them, didn't notice much difference between Sonar & cubendo modes.

Now concerning Klinke's dev, the only mapping offering a "shift" button is the Logic one, and none offer "alt" button. (I am talking here about the mackie shift command to Reaper, located topmost right on Logic mapping, not the BCF internal gray/dark gray shifts).
Shift button in Sonar mode is "M1".
There is no ctrl, or alt buttons (M2 and M3) in this mode tho.
pollux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:12 AM   #43
Document02

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollux View Post
Shift button in Sonar mode is "M1".
There is no ctrl, or alt buttons (M2 and M3) in this mode tho.
My mistake.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #44
cdoerman

Hi Klinke - I was just doing a quick forum browse and saw this thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=50386.

It made me wonder if there was any support for this in the MCU plugin. My DAW is currently in the process of upgrade so it will be a few days before I have reaper/MCU running again. I saw you were planning a new plugin release so I figured I would toss this out for possible inclusion if it isn't already in there (I don't see anything after a quick search through the documentation).

This would certainly be helpful to access from the MCU. If it's already implemented, maybe it just needs to be added to the documentation.

Also, any sneak preview of what new fun will be included in the next release?

Thanks!
cdoerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #45
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoerman View Post
Hi Klinke - I was just doing a quick forum browse and saw this thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=50386.

It made me wonder if there was any support for this in the MCU plugin.
Yep, this was already implemented in the original MCU plugin, you can double-press the SOLO-buttons to cancel all other Solos.

The next version will be only a bugfix update, v0.7 will get some Mixer love and/or a simple Performance mode (the Fader will just send CCs and you can enter the text in the Display, but by assign the CCs to different Plugin-Parameters you can use this to control different Plugins at once in a live-situation).
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #46
Klemperer

Great work for all who can use it . I just tried, as a midi controller newbie (never had one before) to get this to work somehow with Kore 2.1 (which has midi controller function now, and works in mackie-control mode - got it to work with the Reaper mackie control universal a few weeks ago). But I had no luck (that doesn't meant it would not be possible, of course - if it is, there is still a huge chance I'd have overlooked something, following this great thread)...
Klemperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #47
mim

Thanks Klinke for this awesome work ...

I use it with a tascam-US2400

Unfortunately, there is no "Global View" knob, on this controller. So I can't access the "Show the mixer channels as shown in the Reaper mixer" feature.

It's really sad because it's the feature I miss the most in Reaper. Do you have a solution / work around ? Could it be by default ?

Thanks

mim
mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:39 AM   #48
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mim View Post
Do you have a solution / work around ? Could it be by default ?
Sorry, but i don't see a solution with the current build. I have add your request to my list, but can't promise anything.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #49
musicbynumbers

Just got round to trying it with my bcf2000's (with bcfview since they have finally gave us win 7 drivers.) and most is working well. I'm in mackie mode (cubase) and the only thing I can't really do is selected multiple channels. Am I write in thinking that the other mackie modes can offer this?

excellent work by the way!
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #50
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Just got round to trying it with my bcf2000's (with bcfview since they have finally gave us win 7 drivers.) and most is working well. I'm in mackie mode (cubase) and the only thing I can't really do is selected multiple channels. Am I write in thinking that the other mackie modes can offer this?
As far as i understood pollux, all bcf-mackie-modes only support the SHIFT-Modifier, but you need the CONTROL button for selecting multiple channels (i decided to use the same modifier keys as when you select tracks with the mouse).
Old 02-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #51
musicbynumbers

thanks for the reply,

would it be possible to then have a switch in the the control surface settings prefs to return track selection to how the initial mackie emulation does it?

I would donate for this!

basically in that mode the channels select button "adds" that channel and pressing it again un-selects it so selecting multiple channels is done by simply pressing the ones you want to be selected BUT the clever bit is that double clicking the select button on any channel un-selects all but that one.

For me that's better than nothing and if that was in your mod (as an option) then your emulator would be amazing for me!

I will donate if your up for that as that's the only Achilles heal to such an amazing implementation!
Old 02-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #52
Klinke

Quote:
thanks for the reply,

would it be possible to then have a switch in the the control surface settings prefs to return track selection to how the initial mackie emulation does it?

I would donate for this!

basically in that mode the channels select button "adds" that channel and pressing it again un-selects it so selecting multiple channels is done by simply pressing the ones you want to be selected BUT the clever bit is that double clicking the select button on any channel un-selects all but that one.

For me that's better than nothing and if that was in your mod (as an option) then your emulator would be amazing for me!

I will donate if your up for that as that's the only Achilles heal to such an amazing implementation!
Okay, one more think to add to the Option List. And i will add my PayPal account into the manual ;-)

But this Option will not part of the next update(s), in my current plan this is part of v0.8, where i will rewrite a lot of the mixing stuff anyway. So don't expect it in the near future :-(
Old 02-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #53
musicbynumbers

Thanks as long as it's possible at some point that would be all i can ask for!

Will keep using it for now on my bcf's with bcfview to give me mackie like lcd screens and will let you know if anything else pops up, i know it's not for bcf's but if you able to implement things that give us a great "bcf mode" i'll even rally more people to donate! Lol
Old 02-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #54
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdave View Post
1. The control disappears from the control surface list each time Reaper is shut down; it has to be added again when Reaper is opened.
I think i have found the problem, can please a 64bit user test this new build: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2029458/reap...klinke_x64.dll .

Thanks,
Klinke
Old 02-14-2010, 02:53 AM   #55
Document02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
I think i have found the problem, can please a 64bit user test this new build: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2029458/reap...klinke_x64.dll .

Thanks,
Klinke
Hi Klinke,

Control surface now stays in x64 version. Many thanks.

Funny thing though is that on start-up, the original Csurf leaves the faders in place and moves them straight to their project position.
Your plugin zeroes the faders before moving them to their position.
This happens on Reaper start-up only, not when assigning the control surface from the prefs menu.

Note concerning the above: I use a BCF2000, Sonar mode (Thanks Pollux).

Quote:
Okay, one more think to add to the Option List. And i will add my PayPal account into the manual ;-)
Do. A couple of $ times a few users but might let you enjoy a few beers.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #56
Document02

Quick edit:

When changing track from the mixer, the controller does not follow.

- Set controller on tracks 1-8
- Select track 4 in Reaper
- Led on track 4 of controller lights up
- Select track 10 in Reaper
- led on track 4 of controller turns off, but controller does not switch to tracks 9-16
Old 02-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #57
Document02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mim View Post
Unfortunately, there is no "Global View" knob, on this controller. So I can't access the "Show the mixer channels as shown in the Reaper mixer" feature.

It's really sad because it's the feature I miss the most in Reaper. Do you have a solution / work around ? Could it be by default ?
I actually agree that this should be the default setup (to keep visual coherence between Reaper Mixer & control surface.)

info for BCF users: function is available in Sonar mode as shift (light gray) + edit
(just my 2 cents)

Last edited by Document02; 02-14-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Document02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #58
merdave

Lastest update working here in x64. Thanks!
merdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #59
semiquaver

Any hope for a mac port? Shouldn't be tough if this was written in JUCE I wouldn't think...
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #60
Drumbum

This is really awesome Klinke!!! It inspired me to get an MCU Pro. I was just wondering if anyone else was having issues with Reaper crashing on exit (or when switching focus) while using this version of the MCU plugin?

If I use the MCU for any length of time, when I exit or change projects or switch over to control my FF800 settings; I will get an ntdll.dll error. It seems to happen when Reaper is letting go of the MCU Pro.

I changed the setting about giving up control when Stopped and Reaper is not the active application, so now it mainly happens on exit or when switching projects.

Does the fact that I'm using the USB connection make a difference?

Just to let you know the stock MCU extension doesn't do this, but then again it doesn't doesn't do all the things yours does. How do I donate?

Jason
Drumbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #61
antiClick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumbum View Post
If I use the MCU for any length of time, when I exit or change projects or switch over to control my FF800 settings; I will get an ntdll.dll error. It seems to happen when Reaper is letting go of the MCU Pro.

I changed the setting about giving up control when Stopped and Reaper is not the active application, so now it mainly happens on exit or when switching projects.

I'm experiencing the same probem, but Reaper simply closes without giving any error.
Here winxp32 with MCU + extender using MIDI connection, so it's not a usb thing
antiClick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #62
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Document02 View Post
Quick edit:

When changing track from the mixer, the controller does not follow.

- Set controller on tracks 1-8
- Select track 4 in Reaper
- Led on track 4 of controller lights up
- Select track 10 in Reaper
- led on track 4 of controller turns off, but controller does not switch to tracks 9-16
You selected track 10 with the mouse? Then this is indented and the way i prefer it to work. But i plan to add an option in the future.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #63
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiquaver View Post
Any hope for a mac port? Shouldn't be tough if this was written in JUCE I wouldn't think...
I think/hope for someone who is experienced in setting up mac projects this isn't much work, but i'm not, so i don't plan to do this. But it's Open Source, so if someone wants to give it a try, just send me a notice.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #64
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumbum View Post
This is really awesome Klinke!!! It inspired me to get an MCU Pro. I was just wondering if anyone else was having issues with Reaper crashing on exit (or when switching focus) while using this version of the MCU plugin?

Just to let you know the stock MCU extension doesn't do this, but then again it doesn't doesn't do all the things yours does. How do I donate?

Jason
I have also a MCU Pro connected via USB, so this can't be the difference. You don't have an extender? And is there is way to reproduce the crash, or does it just sometime appear?

I have fixed a bug then can cause crashes while changing the display text, but i don't see a connection to the Reaper loose focus. But please check this build (if you are using the 32bit version of reaper): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2029458/reap...mcu_klinke.dll

The 64bit version above already contains this fix.

Best,
Klinke
Old 02-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #65
Klinke

Default Donate

And for the people who can't wait to donate: I have a paypal account with the email adress: klinkenstecker at gmx dot de ;-)
Old 02-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #66
Drumbum

I tried out the newer build and it didn't fix the crash problem, but putting all plugins in a completely offline state did the trick (I think--so far)!!! I thought I had already tried this, but I guess I did not.

Anyway the plugins I had going were four instances of AmplitubeXGear and one instance of ARC (Both products from IK Multimedia). So I am going to consider this more an issue with IK's plugins (the way XGear exposes parameters to Reaper possibly) than with the MCU extension.

I use those plugins on every project so thats why it happened on every project. I will keep working and let you know if I run into any more problems, or if I find a good way to minimize this problem.

Jason
Old 02-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #67
Drumbum

Scratch the above post. Crash on exit with no plugins at all. I just load the project, hit play, adjust master volume, hit stop and save, exit, and get an ntdll.dll error right before the MCU goes into fader calibration.

Oh well...Just letting you know.

Jason
Old 02-14-2010, 11:37 PM   #68
Document02

Quote:
You selected track 10 with the mouse? Then this is indented and the way i prefer it to work. But i plan to add an option in the future.
OK. Not a bug, a feature :-D.
I raised it as it was not the same behavior as the original Csurf, but this way is fine with me too.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #69
Roncore!

Hello! I've got both of my BCF2000 setup according to instructions. I can control the bcf2000 with the on screen vol/faders/etc, but I can't control the on screen actions via the BCF2000. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Roncore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #70
Phobik

Default BCR 2000

Can this be used with the BCR 2000 or any other general midi controller that does not have a dedicated MCU mode?

And does it relate or complement in any way with the tool mentioned here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=48376

Thanks
Phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #71
Klinke

Default v0.6.1

I just updated the extension, you can find the new version under https://stash.reaper.fm/v/3558/reaper...mcu_klinke.zip .

The update include a 64bit version (it's in the folder MCU/64bit_version) and fix the crash that Drumbum reported above (and fix some other bugs too). Drumbum was a great help for tracing the bug, thanks a lot.

Best,
Klinke
Old 02-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #72
Klinke

I forgot to mention that the update contains also new and improved plugin parameter maps, so it's a good idea not do only exchange the .dll but also the MCU folder (your own maps and configuration files are at a different location, so you can delete the old MCU folder without losing anything).

Thanks to axelsk for the Oxford parameter maps.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #73
m127

Hey Klinke, first of, Hats off to your work on this.

EDIT> didn't read the whole thread, will check out the 64bit version.

Last edited by m127; 02-20-2010 at 09:21 PM.
m127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #74
musicbynumbers

Default Getting a weird behaviour..

Getting something weird that i've only just noticed when using your mod with my bcf2000's and the bcfview displays that i'm not getting on the standard ones and wonder if there was a easy round it.

If i try moving a few faders at once (say 6) then reaper's graphic updates for everything from faders to meters and the arrange gets really slow to update untill about 5 seconds after i stop moving the faders.

Will try a few things that it might be but i hope it's something my side that i can fix as i'm really starting to not be able to live without the sends mode

Anyone else get this?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #75
musicbynumbers

Default EDIT: FOUR IS THE MAGIC NUMBER! :)

on further inspection it seems to only happen when in any mode that updates the lcds (mine our faked with "bcfview" BUT even if I don't run bcfview it still happens when moving multiple faders either to control volume or to control sends.

also, what I found with the "receive mode" on the sends page is that it would actually start to be non-respondent enough to make the fader jump back to its previous position.

Is there a ini file setting I can change for this? maybe it's the reaper update frequency that I could change, will try that now

EDIT: if I move 3 faders it's pretty much normal but as soon as you add a 4th fader it goes very sluggish. I also found that changing the refresh speed option to various amounts didn't help either.

Hope the four fader thing helps and if anyone else gets this with four faders let us know, if you don't then it might be one of the bcf settings you can adjust in it's edit mode.

thanks.

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 03-02-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #76
Klinke

I can reproduce the problem and can verify that this doesn't happen with the original MCU csurf. So i will try to fix this (but at the moment i don't have any idea what can be the cause for this different behaviour).

Best,
Klinke
Old 03-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #77
musicbynumbers

Just really glad that at least it's not me and that it can be fixed when you do find out what it is!

the ability to control all your sends at once from faders is an absolute GOD SEND!

thanks for that!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #78
Roncore!

Ok, please somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong here, lol. It's getting frustrating.

I installed the plugin the plugin directory, along with the MCU folder.

Opened Reaper, options, control surfaces (nothing was setup), added the Klinke (offset of 0-8) Universal and the Klinke Extender (offset of 9).

set the midiout in the control sufaces section to the appropriate BCF2000's for both universal and extender. Immediately all of my fader went to the correct positions. Ok, so that is working. I imported the keymap in the Actions list. Yay.

Now, when I control Reaper with the mouse on the screen, the faders move. If I move the fader on the BCF2000 I get nothing on the screen, and the fader immediately moves back to its original position.

What am I doing wrong here? I'm not a midi champion, hehe.
Roncore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #79
KevinW

Quote:

also, what I found with the "receive mode" on the sends page is that it would actually start to be non-respondent enough to make the fader jump back to its previous position.

thanks.
Not sure if it's the same thing, but it sounds like a problem I had. I solved it by changing the BCF global setting of the midi tx interval. The default is 2ms, and I changed mine to 400ms and the problem went away. To change the global parameters in MCU mode, do this:
1. Turn off the BCF
2. Push and hold the desired mode button (i.e. the 4th button from left for MCU-Sonar)
3. Turn on the BCF, continue to hold the mode button until EG appears in the display.
4. You're now in global edit mode. The midi tx parameter is controlled by the 7th rotary encoder. Try changing it to something much greater than 2.
5. When done, press "Exit" button, and you should return to the proper MCU emulation mode.

Like I said, this may not be the same issue, but it's easy enough to try.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #80
KevinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncore! View Post
Opened Reaper, options, control surfaces (nothing was setup), added the Klinke (offset of 0-8) Universal and the Klinke Extender (offset of 9).
You might try it WITHOUT using the Extender control.

Also, when I set mine up I chose both a midi input AND a midi output. Not sure if that's required or not, but everything's working great for me.

BTW, THANK YOU KLINKE! This is great. If only the BCF could emulate the ALT- button so we could make our own mappings
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote