Old 10-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
bluefonia
Human being with feelings

Default Make Reapers fx- and dockwindows skinnable

I started a thread in the Themes-forum http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=67720 concerning some major restrictions in costumizing Reaper.

You can customize many elements and most - maybe all - colours in the eventlist and the mixer, but not in the fx- and dockwindows. I think this is a much needed feature as it is very hard on the eye to go from nicely shaded colours in the mixer and eventlist to BRIGHT WHITE backgrounds in the fx- and dockwindows, - (neither no option to change the textcolour here.)
Futhermore this missing feature spoils the aesthetics and otherwise very good design of the default 3 and several custom themes.

Making Reaper 100% skinnable would be the best solution of all, but the above would be a nice start.

How are the prospects for this?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
arkima

Hi bluefonia,

Personally I think that it would be great to have a non-os visual dependency as far as possible - and perhaps of course options to cater for performance/user tastes. If all text, backgrounds, objects etc all had their own color settings (and whatever else) that were user definable - that would make quite an improvement.

Especially for Darker Themes - It would be really nice not to have blinding white or bright in areas that make using darker areas difficult. In general though it would imo could improve the overall feel and consistency in Reaper.

-a
arkima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:14 AM   #3
bluefonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkima View Post
Hi bluefonia,

Especially for Darker Themes - It would be really nice not to have blinding white or bright in areas that make using darker areas difficult. In general though it would imo could improve the overall feel and consistency in Reaper.

-a
Exactly, - the darker themes - and in fact the default theme - would really benefit from this in several ways.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:21 AM   #4
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Absolutely.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
droctopu5

Is this not votable anymore, because it's so old?

YES.

Seriously, I don't even care if it's skinnable. Just allowing color changes would be nice. Changing the entire Windows theme should not be a crutch here. Some of us don't dedicate our entire machine just to Reaper.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that tends to have the FX window open a lot of the time, especially when playing with softsynths. It's as important to me as the MCP and TCP is.

P.S. Allowing the FX window to "collapse" around the plugin, so only the plugin UI is visible would be cool. And/or the ability to make the interface surrounding the plugin UI to go semi-transparent when not mouse-overed or focused. But now I'm just being greedy.

Last edited by droctopu5; 06-01-2012 at 10:44 AM.
droctopu5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:18 PM   #6
rossbotron3000

needs to happen
Old 03-26-2018, 05:58 AM   #7
godly

(old) bump for this, the white in de FX windows is eye damaging
godly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:12 AM   #8
dePUNDIT

This would be a lovely feature if they would implement it.
dePUNDIT is offline   Reply With Quote