Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 01-18-2021, 09:46 PM   #1
srdmusic
Human being with feelings

Default Crash with Open GL/ Hardware Acceleration plugins

I've experienced sever plugins that crash Reaper. Almost all plugins that use Open GL / Hardware acceleration to process graphic crash reaper.

This happens mostly clicking on the plugin to float display it outside the FX chain window. For some reason within the FX chain window these plugins seem to work fine.

Currently each plugin had to disable the Open GL option in the windows registry or within the plugin if it has the option.

How do we disabled Open GL globally within Reaper so that the issue is resolved?

Is there a possible bug in Reaper that is causing this issue. I imagine this may be related to the audio thread priority.

The following plugins have this issue:

All Fab Filter
All the most resent Arturia Synth plugins
DMG Audio Limitless

There are several more and I'll update the list once I can confirm it's related to Open GL.
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:02 PM   #2
operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdmusic View Post
I've experienced sever plugins that crash Reaper. related to Open GL.
I also had some issues that seem to be falling under this category. I couldn´t pin-point the problem at the time... But as I read this it feels very fimiliar... xD

I had it with "Cable Guys ShaperBox".
operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:53 PM   #3
srdmusic

The real problem is that some plugin manufacturers are requiring open GL to use there plugins for example Arturia. So this problem isn't' going away.
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:48 AM   #4
musicbynumbers

Going to subscribe to this thread as the solution might also help with garbled sound I'm getting if plugin window is open on a looped piece of audio for more than 30 seconds or so.

I don't have the instant crash thing though..

Might help the devs to give some info on what platform, what graphics card and graphics card drivers you are on.

This exact bug use to happen with the waves plugins maybe 10 or more years ago and the temporary solution then was an option in the graphics card options that was something to do with open GL. I think it was the only opengl option too so might be worth having a look in there