Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 01-22-2021, 03:07 PM   #1
Junolab
Human being with feelings

Default Shortcut: Jump to next/previous region and play

I'm not sure why, but I'm simply not able to figure out how to set up the cycle action for jumping to the next region and auto-play.

Any hints?
Junolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:29 AM   #2
xpander

Cycle actions are good when you need e.g. an action which will step through different settings or setups each time it's executed. Or if you need to switch something back and forth with one action, and maybe with some conditions that will need to be met for the action to work.

But you don't necessarily need a cycle action if you just need to do a set of actions in specific order, a custom action will likely be enough for that. In this case it could be simply something like
SWS: Goto/select next marker/region
Transport: Play

Did you have something more elaborate in mind?
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 02:01 PM   #3
Junolab

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Cycle actions are good when you need e.g. an action which will step through different settings or setups each time it's executed. Or if you need to switch something back and forth with one action, and maybe with some conditions that will need to be met for the action to work.

But you don't necessarily need a cycle action if you just need to do a set of actions in specific order, a custom action will likely be enough for that. In this case it could be simply something like

Did you have something more elaborate in mind?
Not sure why I tried IF statements. That was the reason for it to not work. Even simpler than I had imagined. However its a bit odd that if I do the:

twice it will only autoplay on the first jump. Not if I jump one more step forward
Junolab is offline   Reply With Quote