Old 01-24-2018, 07:55 AM   #1
vitalker
Human being with feelings

Default v5.71pre14a - January 24 2018

v5.71pre14a - January 24 2018
  • # MIDI: always draw at least one lane of CC data in arrange view
  • # MIDI: don't display combined CC lane in arrange view if the media item contains zero or one distinct type of CC data
  • # MIDI: smoother combined CC data lane in peaks drawing

v5.71pre14 - January 24 2018
  • + Envelopes: when using "preserve edge points" mouse modifer, prevent unnecessary left edge point if previous point shape is square
  • + MIDI: add preference to display multiple CC lanes in the arrange view, and/or combine all CC data into a single lane
  • + VST3: inform plugins of multichannel context even if the plugin does not adjust its I/O configuration in response
  • # MIDI peaks: initialize centered lanes properly
Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode

Last edited by vitalker; 01-24-2018 at 03:29 PM.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:01 AM   #2
EvilDragon

There's an extra CC lane generated in the peaks even when only using one CC lane in the MIDI item total. It looks very steppy.

EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:05 AM   #3
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
There's an extra CC lane generated in the peaks even when only using one CC lane in the MIDI item total. It looks very steppy.
I suppose we should suppress the "everything" lane if there are zero or one lanes of existing data in the MIDI item.

As for the steppiness of the "everything" lane, we can probably improve that.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:13 AM   #4
EvilDragon

I'm somehow thinking that perhaps those two options should be mutually exclusive (radio buttons)? If we have multiple lanes showing, why would we want to see the combined one?

But yes, suppressing the drawing of everything lane would work as well.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #5
mccrabney

edit, was on 14 and missed pre14a.

Last edited by mccrabney; 01-25-2018 at 05:57 AM.
mccrabney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
dupont

While you're on at the CC, can you solve this bug ?
As you can see, there are pitch datas shown on the arrange midi clip but there is no point before the pitch controler in the midi editor controlers drop down list to show it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qc...-0eUwloO6vEwvs
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:10 PM   #7
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
v5.71pre14 - January 24 2018
+ Envelopes: when using "preserve edge points" mouse modifer, prevent unnecessary left edge point if previous point shape is square
Related (I think), with pre14 I'm still getting a left behind (edge) point by simply inserting a new AI and moving it.

nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:35 PM   #8
_Stevie_

Quote:
+ MIDI: add preference to display multiple CC lanes in the arrange view, and/or combine all CC data into a single lane
Wohoooo, thank you guys! That's awesome!

Quote:
i thought i saw some discussion about minimized tracks hiding midi ccs, but i can't find it. i have a use case where i'd rather see the CC data at any zoom level. here, items with only CC data disappear at low zoom levels and appear as if they were empty items. this could lead to them accidentally being deleted by overzealous cleanup.
Yep, that would make it perfect, if we were able to choose "show CC data at any track size".

EDIT: ignore the above, missed Pre 14a! It's all there now.

Last edited by _Stevie_; 01-25-2018 at 07:40 AM.
_Stevie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:36 PM   #9
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Related (I think), with pre14 I'm still getting a left behind (edge) point by simply inserting a new AI and moving it.
Its acted that way since 5.60 if you have option a or c enabled, but not when option b enabled. Go back to say v5.52 and it doesn't happen no matter if option a,b or c are enabled.

a)Options: Automation items connect to the underlying envelope on the right side
b)Options: Automation items connect to the underlying envelope on both sides
c)Options: Automation items do not connect to the underlying envelope

Last edited by Edgemeal; 01-24-2018 at 12:42 PM. Reason: TYPO
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:40 PM   #10
nofish

^^ Thanks, I missed that there are options for this.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:37 AM   #11
Vagalume

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
I suppose we should suppress the "everything" lane if there are zero or one lanes of existing data in the MIDI item.

As for the steppiness of the "everything" lane, we can probably improve that.
Yes, please. If you can achieve that it will be really nice, not important, but nice.

+ MIDI: add preference to display multiple CC lanes in the arrange view, and/or combine all CC data into a single lane
Thanks a lot.
Vagalume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:11 AM   #12
david0

Hi there, once again the linux x86_64 build is missing
david0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:20 AM   #13
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0 View Post
Hi there, once again the linux x86_64 build is missing
Should be there now. Sorry, that's by far the slowest autobuild machine so we sometimes publish the other builds while that one is still building.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:15 PM   #14
svijayrathinam

Hi,

The VST 3 plugin channel configuration seems to be messed up in the newer pre releases.

Here is a video comparison between pre 13 icc build Vs pre 14a icc build.

In Pre 13 icc the VST plugin channel info was partially broken. Here in this video I show with 2 plugins. They are IOSONO Anymix pro surround panner plugin and exponential audio R2 surround. As you can see in pre 13 the IOSONO channel info was broken. when i use iosono panner on a stereo track and set it up to stereo to 5.1 it plays fine. But the moment I split the item the second part of the item's channel config changes to stereo to stereo. This never used to happen with the previous release. With exponential audio r2 surround the plugin channels worked correctly as it used to in previous versions.

Pre 13 Video link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz66t118a9...icc18.mov?dl=0

In Pre 14 and 14 a, both plugin channels info are broken. With r2 surround when i put it in a stereo item, the reverb says its only receiving left channel info and thereby the plugin shows mono. If i make the track channel 6 and then add the plugin as take fx then the plugin says 5.1 but when the plugin shows output on its meters coming out of L,R,C channels..reaper's meter is showing outputs in L, R, and Lfe channels (I show this in the video). The IOSONO panner bug still persists from Pre 13. Can you pls fix these ?

Pre 14a Video Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wy1h92lm5...icc18.mov?dl=0
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:30 PM   #15
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynaud View Post
Have had issues with VST and VST3 multichannel plugins for a while now.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=198974

The AU versions do not have these issues.
Yes.. I see that now... But I have used vst 3 versions on my current projects and now when I installed pre 14 they all sounded wrong. So I had to roll back to pre 13 unless there is a way to batch change all the plugins to AU 😂😂. But the iosono panner plugin channel info has been messed up from Clang version actually
Old 01-25-2018, 12:31 PM   #16
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by svijayrathinam View Post
But the moment I split the item the second part of the item's channel config changes to stereo to stereo. This never used to happen with the previous release.
For take FX, the plugin may not receive the new channel information until the item plays. Does playing the item update the plugin channel config? I don't think anything has changed in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svijayrathinam View Post
With r2 surround when i put it in a stereo item, the reverb says its only receiving left channel info and thereby the plugin shows mono.
This developer contacted us a few days ago about a different issue with this plugin, namely that it would stay in stereo config even with multichannel input. [edit: this is the issue reported by Reynaud above.] We made a code change in pre14 to handle that issue, which caused the new issue you are seeing, where the plugin stays in mono config with stereo input. We'll update the change on our side for pre15, but the developer may need to make a change on the plugin side as well.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:37 PM   #17
svijayrathinam

Quote:
For take FX, the plugin may not receive the new channel information until the item plays. Does playing the item update the plugin channel config? I don't think anything has changed in this regard.

This developer contacted us a few days ago about a different issue with this plugin, namely that it would stay in stereo config even with multichannel input. [edit: this is the issue reported by Reynaud above.] We made a code change in pre14 to handle that issue, which caused the new issue you are seeing, where the plugin stays in mono config with stereo input. We'll update the change on our side for pre15, but the developer may need to make a change on the plugin side as well.

I have just informed Michael from Exponential Audio. He is very quick to attend these issues. But what about the issue with iosono? It was never there before the Clang release...
Old 01-25-2018, 01:01 PM   #18
svijayrathinam

Quote:
No. Playing doesn't change anything. I never had this issue before Clang version.

Actually with respect to using exponential audio plugins or any multi-channel plugins as take fx...I think reaper should send 2 channels of audio into the plug-in if it's a Stereo item. If it's a mono item reaper should send only one channel to they plugin and the plug-in should understand it's a mono input but render the same output in 2 channels as reaper doesn't have a mono output in a track. If the item is 5.1 then reaper should send all 6 channels to the plug-in.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:07 PM   #19
svijayrathinam

Quote:
actually just checked now. The iosono issue has been there since 5.7, I just installed 5.6 and checked and iosono issue is not there. Did you change anything in 5.7?
Old 02-01-2018, 12:22 PM   #20
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
  • # MIDI: always draw at least one lane of CC data in arrange view
  • # MIDI: don't display combined CC lane in arrange view if the media item contains zero or one distinct type of CC data
  • # MIDI: smoother combined CC data lane in peaks drawing
The CC shadows in MIDI items are very prominent and opaque (particularly compared to CC shadows in the MIDI editor), almost giving the impression of a separate take or item, rather than something shadowy *inside* the take:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg REAPER v5.71pre - CC shadows very prominent and opaque.JPG (29.6 KB, 323 views)
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote