Old 02-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
soundchaser59
Human being with feelings

Default Taken - when words are not possible

https://soundcloud.com/soundchaser59/taken-remix

Taken

I tried to write words for this but could not. Only the music can express the profound loss and grief felt when a loved one is Taken unexpectedly. All words seemed trite and lame to the task. November of 2015 a treasured loved one was Taken from this world by an aortic rupture, dead before she hit the floor. Everyone who had even 5 minutes of contact with her came away with a new found sense of the value of human life and the human spirit. She was a true one of a kind angel on earth.

I managed to get a lot of the mud and boom out of the bass, but I have to confess the slower the tempo the harder it is for me to get a realistic drum track. (Superior Drummer) Most of the guitar stuff was done in one take. I might have made 50 attempts, but when I got one decent one that I could live with I stopped and kept that take. The sax is Ueberschall Elastik. Pianoteq.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:27 AM   #2
sammydix

It does have a dirgelike quality that's a fitting tribute, I feel. Kinda Floydish in ways. The biggest mix thing to hit me is the deep low end, esp the kick 'booms'. Piano and guitar are quite nice.
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
Bloopy

Nice work. I don't hear any need for vocals either.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:49 PM   #4
RDBOIS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundchaser59 View Post
https://soundcloud.com/soundchaser59/taken-remix

Taken

I tried to write words for this but could not. Only the music can express the profound loss and grief felt when a loved one is Taken unexpectedly. All words seemed trite and lame to the task. November of 2015 a treasured loved one was Taken from this world by an aortic rupture, dead before she hit the floor. Everyone who had even 5 minutes of contact with her came away with a new found sense of the value of human life and the human spirit. She was a true one of a kind angel on earth.

I managed to get a lot of the mud and boom out of the bass, but I have to confess the slower the tempo the harder it is for me to get a realistic drum track. (Superior Drummer) Most of the guitar stuff was done in one take. I might have made 50 attempts, but when I got one decent one that I could live with I stopped and kept that take. The sax is Ueberschall Elastik. Pianoteq.
Good song man. I like slow tempo songs. Lots of room and spaces for emotions to wander around.

Perhaps it doesn't need lyrics. It's up to you really. It could be cathartic, but also a painful process. It takes lot of spiritual energy for big transformations to occur.

Hmmmm... seems like you don't have a problem expressing yourself. It also seems like you may have some lyrics right there under your nose:

I tried to write words for this but could not
Only the music could express the profound loss
The grief felt when a loved one is Taken
Words seemed so trite and lame
When a treasured loved one is Taken from this world
Dead before she hit the floor
A true one of a kind angel on earth
A human life and human spirit
I tried to write words for this but couldn't do justice
I might have made 50 attempts
But only got one I could live with

see where I'm going with this?

Really good song. I'm hearing lots of interesting lyrical melodies in my inner ear. Soooo much room for some wailing
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #5
soundchaser59

Lots of potential there in your idea. Thanks for the ears.