Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-09-2019, 03:41 PM   #1
Mordi
Human being with feelings

Default [5.972] Media Explorer keeps scrolling back to currently playing file

Windows 10 x64
Reaper 5.972 x64

This bug has been around for many versions. If you play a sound in the media explorer, and then within a second or so use the mousewheel to scroll, it will scroll back to the file you clicked.

This gets quite irritating when auditioning many short sound effects, for example.

In this liceCap, I'm only scrolling the mousewheel downwards.
Mordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 03:45 AM   #2
BirdBird

Bump, this issue still persists in 6.02.
BirdBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #3
bumblequinn

hi there! i have also had this problem for at least as long as this thread has existed, so i wish to bump this — not only for that reason, but also because the problem has actually gotten worse after a more recent update. (i want to say somewhere around 6.1-6.2, but it's hard to be sure.)

at the time of this post, the media player not only scrolls back to the selected file when scrolling while it is playing; instead, it immediately scrolls rapidly back and forth every time a new file plays! here is an example:

as you can imagine, this problem has come to make working with samples a sadly frustrating experience lately.

i should also point out that this issue only occurs when previewing files that have not yet been previewed in the media explorer. when going back to preview a file additional times, it no longer triggers the rapid scrolling. after having tested browsing the same samples in the media explorer a day later, this seems to hold true both between sessions and between reboots.

that last detail made me wonder if this issue has something to do with .REAPEAKS files, so i looked a little deeper. and, after testing this theory, it would indeed seem that this glitch occurs only with files that do not yet have an associated .REAPEAKS file.

i hope there is some solution to this issue! in the past i have been able to tolerate the specific problem mordi pointed out in the OP, but this more recent development of rapidly scrolling every time a new file is previewed makes my head spin. (6~9)

my current version of reaper is 6.34 x64, operating on windows 10 pro x64, OS 19042.1165. thank you!

Last edited by bumblequinn; 08-14-2021 at 05:38 PM.
bumblequinn is offline   Reply With Quote