Old 12-08-2019, 02:33 PM   #1
Luke Warm
Human being with feelings

Default HAALLLP!! Presonus Faderport in Reaper

Hi All,

I was given a Faderport, single fader, but I don't have the manual. I only want to use it to switch from channel to channel and ride volume. Nothing else. I can't figure out how to get it to work in Reaper. I'm on a Macbook pro from 2015.

Anybody have any quick and dirty advice? I did try under the Track Menu in Reaper to allow midi devices to affect all channels volume and pan, but that did not seem to make the Faderport work.

I searched under Audio Devices- Midi Devices, to see if maybe I needed to turn it on there, but I could not really understand what I was seeing there.

I did not download any drivers, if that matters.
thanks for anyone who can assist
Luke Warm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
Judders

Pretty sure you'll need to install the driver. Go to the Presonus site and grab it. If it is the silver one it's now called faderport classic.

It's worth having a look at this for better functionality in reaper: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=170036
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:25 PM   #3
Luke Warm

thanks!
Luke Warm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:31 PM   #4
serr

It identifies as a control surface, not a MIDI device. You'll find it there in preferences and it will work out of the box on a Mac.

There is however a custom modified Reaper dylib file available around here that extends functionality in addition to giving Windows access.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote