Old 12-02-2019, 07:42 AM   #1
SubbaseDnB
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and my old Waves plugins?

i Have quite some waves plugins on a usb stick,i havent used them in along time,so they are at version 9.i have downloadet the waves central and it sees my device.but how do i get Reaper to see them?
SubbaseDnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:13 AM   #2
SubbaseDnB

Anyone?
Old 12-02-2019, 09:20 AM   #3
skippertag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubbaseDnB View Post
i Have quite some waves plugins on a usb stick,i havent used them in along time,so they are at version 9.i have downloadet the waves central and it sees my device.but how do i get Reaper to see them?
Isn't there a feature to install old versions ? I can't remember exactly but I remember that is a special way to install v9 plugins..
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #4
SubbaseDnB

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
Isn't there a feature to install old versions ? I can't remember exactly but I remember that is a special way to install v9 plugins..
maybe i need to dl the legacy wavecenter.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #5
SubbaseDnB

downloading the ver 9 legacy installer,just a bummer to have to dl 3.3 gb
Old 12-02-2019, 11:52 AM   #6
serr

Delete ALL files associated with the Waves install.
Run the original installer again. (Follow the instructions and keep the default install locations.)
Don't let Waves call home and/or grab any updates.

The old version will install and run just like it did back when.

If you let the installer call home and/or download any more recent updates (like the Waves Central business), all bets are off! (It may still work. The new features may just work and let you install. But it probably won't. You could call tech support and whine and they very well may help. Or skip all that misery and just start over!) Removing ALL traces of a botched Waves install and starting over always works. You may need to block Waves from calling home to keep using the old version hassle free. (Look thoroughly through /Library and ~/Library folders and Preferences folders as well as the Audio/Plug-in folders.)
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #7
SubbaseDnB

all my plugs is seen and located on my usb,but when i do a rescan nothing shows up in Reaper
Old 12-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #8
Indemuse

Is your USB drive listed in Options\Preferences\VST\<plugin paths>? Are the actual plugins installed on the USB drive or just the licenses? You have to dig pretty deep in the Waves site to find the legacy offline installers. They want to make it hard because they want you to buy the latest version. Personally, I am beginning to move away from Waves plugins. There are lots of other plugin writers coming on the scene that are just as good, even better. Waves are just getting too difficult to work with and I don't like paying for the same plug more than once...
Indemuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:17 PM   #9
ivansc

best advice here comes from Serr. However you might want to download the current approved app, waves Central, which will still find your plugins registered to your account & is the best way to avoid later mess-ups. From memory, if it finds all your plugs are version 9 based, it will automatically install them as such. If not, follow Serr`s suggestions on how to install v9 yourself. BUT be 100% no make that 300% sure you have found ALL the old Waves folders & files before you start reinstalling and of course be sure you do a CLEAR/re-scan once it`s all done so reaper knows where stuff is. A plain re-scan won`t do it.