Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 12-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #121
Arbiter
Human being with feelings

Default Mixing

I play guitar, drums, synth, bass, and I can sing.. but I'm primarily interested in mixing.

I'll mix to the best of my ability to suit whatever song and genre comes my way, but, for the sake of giving you an idea of my preferred material, a few of my favorite sounding records include works by John Frusciante, Dosh, Dinosaur Jr., The Album Leaf, and etc.

If you want to collaborate musically, that's cool too. I'm mainly interested in acoustic/electronic hybrid stuff that has melodic sensibility, but also a touch of noise and experimentation.
Arbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #122
Planetary

I'm a guitarist and hip hop emcee.

Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul and Fender Strat through Guitar Rig as VST hosted via Reaper. I can play rock, reggae, funk, a bit of jazz, blues, punk rock.

Hip Hop: I was born and raised in New York and I can rhyme. 100% the real deal, not an internet rapper. Impeccable flow, gorgeous rhyme schemes, intelligent and conscious lyrics, and all the mic presence and swagger of a New York emcee.

I'm down for collaborating on anything that sounds good.
Planetary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #123
Guncho

Default Drums, Bass, Guitar or Backup Vocals

Available to play drums, bass, guitar (lead or rhythm) and backup vocals.

Drums are EZdrummer played with a Roland TD-3 V-drum kit. Can send you the audio or midi files.

Guitar and bass are played through Guitar Rig 4.

Rock type music. No metal or jazz.

For samples check www.myspace.com/guncho

I am totally willing to do this for the fun of it but it would obviously have to be music I like.

c gunter at hot mail dot com

Last edited by Guncho; 02-21-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: spelling error
Guncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:02 AM   #124
Chris Martins

Guitar ( Lead & Rythm in Blues, Rock, Metal, Pop ).
Vocals ( rock mostly but can do bluesy styles as well )

that's all...
Chris Martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:17 AM   #125
fortunedsouls

ever hear of faithless? always wanted to do a triphop record with a rapper like maxxi jazz of faithless or like tricky. very clever and methodical rhymes-
--James
www.soundcloud.com/fortunedsouls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetary View Post
I'm a guitarist and hip ho*p emcee.

Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul and Fender Strat through Guitar Rig as VST hosted via Reaper. I can play rock, reggae, funk, a bit of jazz, blues, punk rock.

Hip Hop: I was born and raised in New York and I can rhyme. 100% the real deal, not an internet rapper. Impeccable flow, gorgeous rhyme schemes, intelligent and conscious lyrics, and all the mic presence and swagger of a New York emcee.

I'm down for collaborating on anything that sounds good.
fortunedsouls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #126
ShamanicGarden

what i mostly do: i can collab in:
-Producer and sound eng, can help in your mix
-can collab with all kinds of synth sounds,ambiences,pads,leads,bass! I Have roland jp8000 , nord lead and good collection of vsti (iam not a piano player but a Midi freak)

collabs i normally look for:
-electric guitar (rock/metal style riffs and melodic leads!)
-vocals

i produce several kinds of music stlyes, mostly electronic! from Chillout,Louge,Ambient to psychedelic trance

Send me a message if your interested in collab!
ShamanicGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #127
icarusi

Guitarist mainly, although dabble with other instruments for recording (who doesn't).

Looking to do some jazz fusion, complex time sig, key change stuff eventually. Currently working on some new stuff/ideas and mixing some ancient tape stuff I could never get acceptable with manual analogue mixing.

My ancient stuff here:-

http://soundcloud.com/nobutsithee

Newer stuff here:-

http://soundcloud.com/icarusi
icarusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #128
narosis

Default Collaboration

Hello fellow Reapers,
I am a Multiple Media Producer with over 20 year of DJing experience & I have been producing loops/beats for the last 10 years, I'm very interested in collaboration. I am trying here as I have tried other collaboration forums yet cannot find anyone who is serious enough to remain committed to the cause! [An example of what I mean can be found via a Google search for D-White Noise featuring Narosis the song is named "Jealousy"] Electronica/House are the genres that I "toy" with most and I am seeking a partner [possibly partners] to bring structure & balance to my music as well as to help me passed the loop stage. Aside from Reaper, Reason is one of my tools of choice. I am serious and hope to find other like minded individuals with the same desire to create music...

DJ/Beatmaker/Producer

Last edited by narosis; 02-18-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: left out info
narosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #129
simulacrum

Can put down some noise in pretty much any form, as well as the occasional vocals.

I now run superior drummer 2.0, which sounds awesome (btw).
I program by hand, can send and receive MIDI-files if needed.

I've got a tube head as well as a transistor amp that covers the fundamental basics, but currently only have one guitar (Gibson SG) tuned a little lower (drop B).

I play mostly sloppy post-metal and/or black- or doom metal, I tend to rely pretty heavily on reverb (read first sentence) and to some extent delay and other effects (ebow, slides and whatnot).

I also produce quite a lot of ambient and experimental pieces using any and everything I can get my hands on.

I have plenty of samples if needed, and I am currently in the process of writing and recording a new demo EP (as a one man thing).

I'm up for anything anyone thinks I could contribute to.
Just holler at me through here and I'll be in touch.
simulacrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #130
bleakerthanyou

I play guitar, mostly heavy rock, metal, shred stuff. I dig harmonized leads a lot.

I'm a strong rhythm player but me and Lead, we got a thang goin' on.

I'm down for whatever.
bleakerthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:46 AM   #131
foxAsteria

check out my stuff below. if you like it, send me some of your stuff. if i like it we will probably collab. that's how it works right?

it's mostly sort of downtempo heavy electronic. i'd also be interested in anti-punk ambient noise projects. but if you make any kind of non-traditional music that's vastly different then what you're influenced by, drop a line as well.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #132
mediocracyrules

Here here! Very down to collaborate with others.

I'm a guitarist, focussing on electric lead because that's what I like to do: play hour long solos to my favourite songs. Influenced by a past of listening to huge amounts of rock, blues, punkrock, ska, hardrock, you name it. Some old and unfinished sub par stuff of mine can be found at http://soundcloud.com/mediocracyrules.

Up for anything basically, electronic, blues, soft stuff, whatever.

Cheers
mediocracyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #133
BisaLisa

Sweeet! i'm a singer and a pro at the shakey egg.
BisaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #134
Rachmaninoff

I'm available to collaborate at:

+ producing & mixing;
+ recording real guitars and bass;
+ recording synth (a couple of VSTis);
+ recording drums (Superior Drummer 2);
+ composing & arranging orchestral stuff;
+ recording orchestral stuff (EWQL Gold).
Rachmaninoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #135
sin7

Hi!

I hope this thread is also working the other way: band looking for someone for a collab...

I am looking for a synth/programmer for an industrial metal band.
Very important role in this band as ALL the futuristic ambiance will depend on her/him.

You can find informations and first recordings here(no arrangements for the moment, just raw riffs):
http://globalindustry.free.fr

Feel free to PM me if any question!
sin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #136
SteveAdleman

Default live drums

I can put live drums down on your song and make it come to life.

Old gretsch drums

akg, shure, mics

30+yrs experience in jazz, blues, country, pop/rock, Rythm and blues, shows...etc.

hit me back
SteveAdleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #137
3mph

Hi from Denmark.

I can offer melodica in various styles.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #138
Breo

Default Didgeridoo Player

HI Guys

I Have been writing music with computers for many years mostley using cubase. I have decided to take a look at reaper and like it so far.

I also play the Didgeridoo and write lots of trance, techno, dubstep.

any kind of music really.

I would like to callobrate with other reaper users.

Andy
Breo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #139
Pops

I'm a singer/songwriter. I play acoustic guitar. I have a diverse taste in music, but lean towards the traditional side of the genres like blues, country, southern rock, folk, and bluegrass. I've written some country stuff, which you can hear on my Reverb page. I want to do a blues cd right now. I have songs written and ready to go, but can't get together with anyone in the area, due to schedule conflicts. So I might be interested in trying to collaborate online. I'm open to sing on someone else's songs if asked,. I would need all the standard mucicians for my blues project, but would also like to experiment with banjo, and mandolin in my blues songs.

http://www.reverbnation.com/ozarkrevival
Pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:07 AM   #140
BaldByChoice

Hi guys!

I'm a singer, 100%. I've done most styles except extreme "scream singing" but I'm starting to learn that too! It would be awesome to collaborate with other members here at the REAPER forum.
BaldByChoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #141
tl32

I'm a drummer. Lots of different styles from jazz to metal and most things in between.

I've got a Tama Starclassic birch kit, Pearl reference series brass snare drum, good cymbal collection. I have rode NT2A's for overheads, AKG d112 for bass drum mic, and 5 sm 57's for snare and toms. I record through 4 channels of ISA 428 and 4 channels of SSL Alpha VHD through the ISA AD conversion card in my fairly small room with some pretty good acoustic treatment. Also I have a Roland E kit with the TD-20 module.

Might not always be available, but wouldn't mind laying drum tracks down for anyone in need. Also I might sometimes have songs which could use some stuff added to it.
tl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #142
DarkScape

Well, I'm quite happy to collaborate or work on new projects in any way I can!

Have just finished working on a project called "In Short Supply" which was my first album using Reaper! I am working on a follow up to this called "In Cold Supply" which is more Dark Industrial / Ambient / Soundscapes than my previous work.

Anyway, please take a look at the links in my signature for more and if you like what you hear then let me know!!
DarkScape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #143
Gangstarprophet

Default love this system

suggeust till who ever tring to start into da music business.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:09 AM   #144
rihle

I can play guitar. I do mostly pop-punk style stuff, but have played metal and classic rock in the past. I am mostly a rhythm guitarist making simple leads that add rather then take the focus of my music.
I also sing, though in a very stylized manner.
I mix (alright) and do synth pads and simple midi parts.
Here is what my music sounds like:
http://soundcloud.com/aprils-last-night

Feel free to hit me up if you want to do some work together.
Ryan
rihle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:00 AM   #145
julianastein

Hello all, I'm mainly an electronic music producer, although I play the piano, saxophone, and bassoon, as well as sing. I do many remixes, which usually end up sounding in the general IDM area. My original compositions vary from classical orchestral to contemporary piano to minimalist dub to ambient industrial. (All in REAPER, of course!) I also mix and master all of my own work, program my own synth patches waveform-by-waveform, and run the netlabel Mr. McQueen Records.

Have a song written out you want put together? Need a piece mixed and mastered? I can help you out. Just toss an email my way and we'll discuss the situation: mrmcqueenrecords (at) gmail (dot) com.

You can hear my work via the link below. Cheers!

http://www.mrmcqueenrecords.com/
julianastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #146
Hawth

Another guitar player here, been playing for about 25 years, various styles. I do try to play other stuff, have a keyboard and some VST's. Stuff sounds like: http://soundcloud.com/dave-lauder have an abundance of time and a lack of money, so can do some stuff.

Recently moved to Stockholm for work. Less time but more money. Also I know hardly anyone here so pub suggestions where live music is played would be gratefully recieved.

Last edited by Hawth; 05-18-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Move
Hawth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #147
suleiman

I just noticed this sticky after mistakenly posting in a seperate new thread. anyways :

I'm bored with doing solo stuff, and my awesome bassist is on an indefinite hiatus.

I would to love collaborate with fellow reaper-heads (is that a word yet?).

I play rhythm, bass and lead guitars, do vocals (tenor, soprano, baritone, classic metal, growls, screeches etc), play synths, program drums and can record and do an ok mix.

I have played / recorded death/black/doom/goth/thrash/core/industrial/synth-pop and techno at some point or the other in the last 14 years (with various bands and solo).

More specifically, I am looking to make an entire album with another multi-instrumentalist / vocalist / producer.

Musical Style : some kind of rock/metal with (or without) electronica
Mood : Dark

Basically, my goal is to do an entire album via the net while keeping a consistent band feel to the songs. I'm interested in actual memorable songs as opposed to just improv / drones / sound-pieces etc (though any such textures can be a part of the 'song').

Please contact !
suleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #148
suleiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihle View Post
I can play guitar. I do mostly pop-punk style stuff, but have played metal and classic rock in the past. I am mostly a rhythm guitarist making simple leads that add rather then take the focus of my music.
I also sing, though in a very stylized manner.
I mix (alright) and do synth pads and simple midi parts.
Here is what my music sounds like:
http://soundcloud.com/aprils-last-night

Feel free to hit me up if you want to do some work together.
Ryan
dat is some good 90's bob mould / altern/indie type stuff you got going there bro. good stuff !
Old 11-03-2011, 06:05 AM   #149
suleiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by suleiman View Post
I just noticed this sticky after mistakenly posting in a seperate new thread. anyways :

I'm bored with doing solo stuff, and my awesome bassist is on an indefinite hiatus.

I would to love collaborate with fellow reaper-heads (is that a word yet?).

I play rhythm, bass and lead guitars, do vocals (tenor, soprano, baritone, classic metal, growls, screeches etc), play synths, program drums and can record and do an ok mix.

I have played / recorded death/black/doom/goth/thrash/core/industrial/synth-pop and techno at some point or the other in the last 14 years (with various bands and solo).

More specifically, I am looking to make an entire album with another multi-instrumentalist / vocalist / producer.

Musical Style : some kind of rock/metal with (or without) electronica
Mood : Dark

Basically, my goal is to do an entire album via the net while keeping a consistent band feel to the songs. I'm interested in actual memorable songs as opposed to just improv / drones / sound-pieces etc (though any such textures can be a part of the 'song').

Please contact !
seriously, no one ?!

influences include everything from Fields of Nephilim to Fear Factory and from Neurosis to Napalm Death...
Old 11-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #150
hotjams

Default Hi

Quote:
seriously, no one ?!

influences include everything from Fields of Nephilim to Fear Factory and from Neurosis to Napalm Death...
your influences are different than mine, but often that is a good thing.
hotjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #151
suleiman

that's just a small tiny fraction......

what r urs ?
Old 11-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #152
hotjams

Quote:
that's just a small tiny fraction......

what r urs ?
too many to name.....very eclectic.....
hotjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #153
julianastein

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjams View Post
Yeah, my influences vary from rap to opera to ambient to dub to industrial to classical to contemporary to trashy pop. My last.fm gets a little confused sometimes. I feel your pain... or perhaps inspiration?

The only thing I truly hate is dubstep. It's superfluously boisterous and just generally lacking any true quality content.

http://www.mrmcqueenrecords.com/
julianastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #154
suleiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjams View Post
ok...i get it....

while i enjoy and am a fan of too many genres.....i prefer my stuff slightly more focused.........dark rock/metal with industrial overtones
Old 11-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #155
donchilcott

Default Guitarist/bass/Vocals

I love to colaberate with musician buddies and I would like to use Reaper to do it(i'm a recovering Sonar user). I have some rough demos posted on myspace.
http://www.myspace.com/donchillychilcott
Feel free to email donchilcott@yahoo.com I have been wondering if forum users colaberate, it seem a likely thing to do as this forum is generally so friendly and well behaved :-) I have played professionally and with some names you would recognize. I also graduated from Musicians Institute/GIT

Last edited by donchilcott; 11-28-2011 at 10:09 PM. Reason: More details
donchilcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #156
777funk

Bass Player-mostly rock music. Can play funk. Influences Fleas funk style, Jamerson's R&B and general grooves.

I'm a christian and a musician. Been playing for about 15 years spent most of my live playing time in churches and in some bands. I'm in my 30's. I consider myself medium to advanced as far as solid grove ability. I do not do Victor Wooten stuff, I'm a solid groover and can be melodic as well. Glad to help where I can.

Quick link to my bass playing:
http://www.rocketfireguitars.com/Audio/Nick/1-31-12.mp3

Last edited by 777funk; 02-01-2012 at 12:27 PM.
777funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #157
loob

Default Veteran drummer, writer, producer

that is huge on collaborating online. I have hundreds of finished tracks, but here is my latest. I did the drums, and mix/master. Always open for discussion.

https://sites.google.com/site/fjates...k/curtain-call
loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #158
XayberOptix

Default Looking for ideas and inspiration

Hello! I'm very new to the Reaper community. I had just recently purchased the program and it seems to be a really flexible DAW. I like it so far.

I am posting here because I would like to find some ideas/inspiration as well as collaborators in a new tune that I am writing for a very well known and amazing international teen singer/performer. I am trying to stay within the "vocal trance" genre and maybe give it a little twist and make it sound cinematic. Sorta like this one: http://soundcloud.com/xayberoptix/ni...ollow-you-ft-1

So, I am looking for anyone who is experienced at creating trance for vocals as well as film music. I would like to get as many people involved as possible without bloating the project. I would like mixers, masterers and critics as well. Basically, I am wanting to make this one of the biggest collaboration projects in history. Yes, this will be performed/heard internationally and your names will receive recognition.

If you're interested, please contact me. Thank you!

If you would like to hear some of the stuff I've produced in the past, go to http://soundcloud.com/xayberoptix or http://xayberoptix.newgrounds.com/audio

Looking forward to hearing from you...
XayberOptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #159
K8ch

Default Collaboration and my own recording needs

Hello,

I'm a singer/songwriter/self-publishing musician.

I've been playing guitar for 40 years (acoustic, electric and classical). I play fingerstyle, funk, rock and most styles of music. I usually play a Martin acoustic or a Gibson 335 electric.

I don't really play speed/neo-classical/metal music. I like it, but that's just not something I feel I can offer, in good conscience.
I can play blues, but I'd rather not as I prefer more interesting melodic music, as opposed to 3-chord progressions.
I'm not a musical-snob, I'm just trying to be honest here so I don't waste your time.

My needs:
Percussionists/drummers; Pianists; Horn players...and anyone who really knows how to play unusual instruments. I love the interesting textures of the non-typical instruments.

You can hear my music at my website: www.KeithHaydon.com
Most of this is acoustic accompaniment when I was hired to do some local studio work.

As a matter of fact...the song "Can't Understand It" is one that I might be interested in getting real drums on.
If you're a drummer, give it a listen and let me know if you're interested.
(You can also just submit MIDI drums, instead of an audio recording)

If you have any question, don't be afraid to ask!

Peace,

K8ch
K8ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #160
Endureth

Default Bassist

I play bass guitar and am looking for pretty much anything, from rock/blues, whatever. I'm still learning.

Here's my soundcloud page so you can see where I'm at:

http://soundcloud.com/endureth

Mostly, it's tracks I've played bass on other people's songs. I wrote and played all the instruments on "Mister Retro" and "Same Old Road" though.
Endureth is offline   Reply With Quote