Old 09-17-2021, 03:34 AM   #1
Spookye
Human being with feelings
 
Spookye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Torino ITALY
Posts: 246
Default ...SF2 / SFZ banks.....

Hello guys. In the library (the one where we all keep midi files, audio, etc.) it is also possible to keep SF2 / SFZ banks so that they can be dragged into players like Sforzando ?? Is it possible to create organized folders for these extensions? If you know of tutorials or explanations they will be appreciated. Thanks for your help....

Greetings Spookye
Spookye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 03:54 AM   #2
martmix
Human being with feelings
 
martmix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: quebec CA
Posts: 1,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookye View Post
Hello guys. In the library (the one where we all keep midi files, audio, etc.) it is also possible to keep SF2 / SFZ banks so that they can be dragged into players like Sforzando ?? Is it possible to create organized folders for these extensions? If you know of tutorials or explanations they will be appreciated. Thanks for your help....

Greetings Spookye
i cant help you but i want to say thank you for Sforzando vsti
you make my day..😀
__________________
[cpu=i7-6700,12gig ram]DAW=Reaper-[roland-quad-capture]-[krk rokit-5 G3]-[TR5-eq 81]-
[amplitube-max]
YouTube: ricky & marty
martmix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:05 AM   #3
Spookye
Human being with feelings
 
Spookye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Torino ITALY
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martmix View Post
i cant help you but i want to say thank you for Sforzando vsti
you make my day..😀

Hello Martmix .... I too am very happy with "Sforzando". A greeting. Thanks
Spookye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:17 AM   #4
martmix
Human being with feelings
 
martmix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: quebec CA
Posts: 1,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookye View Post
Hello Martmix .... I too am very happy with "Sforzando". A greeting. Thanks
i'v lost it from my fx folders over the years when i was using

another DAW..

Sforzando is so easy to use...many thanks again Spookye 👍
__________________
[cpu=i7-6700,12gig ram]DAW=Reaper-[roland-quad-capture]-[krk rokit-5 G3]-[TR5-eq 81]-
[amplitube-max]
YouTube: ricky & marty
martmix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:20 AM   #5
enroe
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookye View Post

... Is it possible to create organized folders for these extensions?
Yes of course.

Our main library consists only of wavs and sfz's - meticulously structured
in instrument groups and subgroups.

The big advantage of the sfz format is that it is non-proprietary. I.e.
you are not dependent on any single company and their goodwill. Anyone
who has experience with "proprietary strategies" knows how important
this is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookye View Post

... If you know of tutorials or explanations they will be appreciated.
The "sfzformat.com"-page is a wonderful help with many examples of sfz.
In addition to Sforzando, there is now also the SFIZZ-player.
__________________
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs and weird stuff: enroe.de
enroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 07:20 AM   #6
Spookye
Human being with feelings
 
Spookye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Torino ITALY
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enroe View Post
Yes of course.

Our main library consists only of wavs and sfz's - meticulously structured
in instrument groups and subgroups.

The big advantage of the sfz format is that it is non-proprietary. I.e.
you are not dependent on any single company and their goodwill. Anyone
who has experience with "proprietary strategies" knows how important
this is.



The "sfzformat.com"-page is a wonderful help with many examples of sfz.
In addition to Sforzando, there is now also the SFIZZ-player.
************************************************** *************************************
Thanks guys for your answers. Thanks Enroe .... can you show me the procedure to do this ?? The players / plugins that use SF2 / SFZ I know how to use them. My goal would be "how to" so that I can have folders with visible sound banks in Reaper's library. Because until now it only recognizes me audio and midi libraries. Even a little GIF on how to do this. I hope I explained myself better ........ Thanks again
Spookye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:21 AM   #7
enroe
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookye View Post

... so that I can have folders with visible sound banks in Reaper's library.
These folders with the libraries are visible in the respective
VST samplers! I.e. within Sforzando - or within SFIZZ - you can
open a field and browse through the entire library.

Of course, you must have set up exactly this library there - with
all the folders, etc. - beforehand.
__________________
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs and weird stuff: enroe.de
enroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 12:33 PM   #8
Spookye
Human being with feelings
 
Spookye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Torino ITALY
Posts: 246
Default

Ok ... that wasn't the point. I was able to understand that Reaper reads and sees files with various extensions (wav, rex, ogg etc.) but is not designed to read and see files with .sf2 / .sfz extension. (... inside his library ...) Note only the files that "make up" the extension and therefore wav / flac ..... but not the banks .sf2 / .sfz Too bad. Thanks anyway.
Spookye is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.