COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 09-23-2019, 12:18 PM   #1
Mimo
Human being with feelings

Default Linux

I do not want to continue to be involved or support Apple's policies for the future (Catalina), I think they are harmful to developers in many aspects.

Anyone see possible wdl iplug on Linux?
Mimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 10:13 AM   #2
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimo View Post

Anyone see possible wdl iplug on Linux?
Certainly I see it as "possible", but someone would need to pay for the development time, I guess. There isn't a great demand for Linux plugins, so there's hardly any point in making IPlug compatible with Linux. (There's by the way no "WDL IPlug" anymore. The Cockos WDL library no longer has IPlug as part of it.)
Old 12-26-2019, 06:18 AM   #3
AHarker

There is a very serious amount of work going on with iplug2 and linux at the moment which you can view here:

https://github.com/iPlug2/iPlug2/issues/105

I (as one of the iplug2 devs) do not have lot of linux experience, and we are dependent on community contributions, but we would certainly welcome the ability to run on linux, so we hope to incorporate these changes as soon as we can. Of course, if you want to use a different branch this might not help you, but we hope that iplug2 will support linux soon.
AHarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:08 AM   #4
Mimo

Excellent, meanwhile.

I have a problem moving my projects from Iplug1 to Iplug2, at the controls level my projects do not work.

I still find it a mess to start from scratch and in that case I am evaluating the JUCE (Free) alternative that has even improved its license.

If there were a tutorial on how to take a project in IPlug1 and take it to IPlug2 it would be much easier for many.

At this point:

I think the forum is basically asking only two things for a tutorial to move to IPlug2, and help to use retina on IPlug1 (I understand that upscaling is a disaster).

Problems and instability with parameters in VST3 (chunks) is proverbial.
Mimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:36 AM   #5
AHarker

It would be good if there were a tutorial, I agree, but at the moment I don't think anyone has time to dedicate to that - we may return to it when a few more bugs are ironed out.

If you want a branch of Iplug1 that works for retina bitmaps then I have one here:

https://github.com/AlexHarker/wdl-ol...ster/WDL/IPlug
AHarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 06:52 PM   #6
Nikolaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHarker View Post
It would be good if there were a tutorial, I agree, but at the moment I don't think anyone has time to dedicate to that - we may return to it when a few more bugs are ironed out.

If you want a branch of Iplug1 that works for retina bitmaps then I have one here:

https://github.com/AlexHarker/wdl-ol...ster/WDL/IPlug

I need, a project that works in Retina, but unfortunately this does not compile in XCode 11 and Mojave.
Nikolaos is offline   Reply With Quote