Old 09-18-2017, 07:19 AM   #1
parr
Human being with feelings

Default selecting only visible tracks

Hi all,

There must be a way to do this, but I cannot find it.

I would like to assign the faders of my external controller (Axiom) to the volume of *visible* tracks in the mixer control panel (MCP). My controller has 8 faders and I would like to assign the first fader to the first visible track, the second fader to the second visible track, etc.

If I make visible or invisible a track, the assignments change but the controller will be always "synchronized" with the MCP view, that is, the MCP view will be an exact picture of the external controller.

One easy way of getting this is to have actions for "set the volume of the n-th visible track in the MCP", but I couldn't find such an action, not even in the SWS extensions.

I'm surprised that nobody needs this kind of setup.
Please let me know if there is a way to implement this.

Thanks
Juan
parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:15 AM   #2
solger

Would assigning the Faders manually to the visible Tracks via the Track: Set volume for track <insert track#> (MIDI CC/OSC only) Actions be an option for you?

Otherwise can you post more details like:

- How is your controller set up currently in the Preferences: as MIDI device or as Control Surface?
- And how do you currently deal with changing fader assignments to higher track numbers (for controlling, as example, tracks 9-16)?

Quote:
One easy way of getting this is to have actions for "set the volume of the n-th visible track in the MCP", but I couldn't find such an action, not even in the SWS extensions.
Yeah, can't seem to find something for visible Tracks in both SWS and ReaPack, either.

But you might also try to post your question into the Scripts section: https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3
Maybe someone knows an existing solution or can make a script ...

Last edited by solger; 09-18-2017 at 10:34 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickamorz View Post
Tried to post a picture but it says 213kb is too big.
use the stash: https://stash.reaper.fm/

It's been a while, but I think this is what the CSurf plugin was designed for. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=81818
Old 09-18-2017, 06:26 PM   #4
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickamorz View Post
There is no add-on or control surface installed in 550.
Control surfaces are set up in the preferences, just like before. You should try setting up your controller there as Mackie Control Universal (or HUI if your controller supports it) and see if that gets you what you want. Unless I just completely misunderstand...

EDIT: Ok this probably won't work either. HUI oesn't care about whether tracks a visible...shame.

Last edited by foxAsteria; 09-18-2017 at 06:35 PM.
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:02 AM   #5
parr

Hey, thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Would assigning the Faders manually to the visible Tracks via the Track: Set volume for track <insert track#> (MIDI CC/OSC only) Actions be an option for you?
This is what I am doing right now. But it is a pain because I have to do it for each project and any time I add a track or toggle visible/invisible a track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Otherwise can you post more details like:

- How is your controller set up currently in the Preferences: as MIDI device or as Control Surface?
- And how do you currently deal with changing fader assignments to higher track numbers (for controlling, as example, tracks 9-16)?
I use the Axiom as MIDI device.

Thanks foxAsteria. I'll look at it, although configuring he Axiom as a Control Surface seems more complicated and less flexible than as a MIDI Device.

But you might also try to post your question into the Scripts section: https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3
Maybe someone knows an existing solution or can make a script ...[/QUOTE]
parr is offline   Reply With Quote