Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 01-14-2020, 08:18 PM   #6001
RobinGShore
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Aha, think you've uncovered a bug in the EuCon config logic.

In the meantime, you should be able to get this file working simply by completing the quotes in 2 places:

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"Buttons|"
		"Channel|1-100"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator
	IncludedZones
		"Send|1-8"
	IncludedZonesEnd
	Display|  		TrackNameDisplay
This works. I've got tracks now! Only pan and volume are working though, no sends or FX. If a track doesn't have an active volume envelope, the volume in Eucon starts at infinity until I touch the fader (either the software fader in Reaper, or the physical fader on the surface). Similarly, pans all start hard left in Eucon until I touch them.

If I load a new project, I lose my tracks on the surface again, and I have to reload Eucon from the Reaper preferences to get them back.
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:01 PM   #6002
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
This works. I've got tracks now! Only pan and volume are working though, no sends or FX. If a track doesn't have an active volume envelope, the volume in Eucon starts at infinity until I touch the fader (either the software fader in Reaper, or the physical fader on the surface). Similarly, pans all start hard left in Eucon until I touch them.

If I load a new project, I lose my tracks on the surface again, and I have to reload Eucon from the Reaper preferences to get them back.
I think you're officially up to speed! The issues you're describing sound like the same Eucon issues I've experienced and Geoff knows about. So right now, when Eucon works, it won't initialize any channel faders at 0db. Move them even a tiny bit (mouse or surface) and it comes right back to life. Save your project with the fader at 0.0db and it'll open looking like it didn't work. Save the project with the fader at -0.1db, and it'll immediately work upon opening (assuming it connected at all - see next paragraph). A known issue.

The other trick to getting Eucon working from the onset is to have Reaper closed and open Reaper projects from file explorer. Now that you've got the two talking, give it a shot if you haven't yet - works here. Otherwise, yeah, open your project first, then re-add Eucon. For now, I'm using the old Eucon implementation for actual work, but will pop in and do some testing if there's a new CSI Eucon build just to see where things are.

I'm optimistic now that some bugs reported over the last week or two have been found, and some of the installation issues sussed out, that Geoff is going to be full steam ahead on getting this Eucon implementation into a more mature state.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:11 AM   #6003
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

Yes, those are just handshake issues -- present on Windows too -- great to hear you are working now !!
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:13 AM   #6004
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I'm optimistic now that some bugs reported over the last week or two have been found, and some of the installation issues sussed out, that Geoff is going to be full steam ahead on getting this Eucon implementation into a more mature state.
100% correct !!

Now that we a have a stable working system on both platforms, we can start to add more features.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:24 AM   #6005
Geoff Waddington

Update FYI

WARNING -- The next build will have a very slight breaking change to CSI.ini:

Code:
Page "HomePage" FollowMCP NoSynchPages UseScrollLink NoTrackColoring 39 255 45
MUST be changed to:

Code:
Page "HomePage" FollowMCP NoSynchPages UseScrollLink NoTrackColoring { 39 255 45 }
The main outstanding task before proceeding to beta is the Learn Mode Window.

We will also continue to develop other items in parallel -- EuCon enhancements, special meters for certain surfaces, colour support, stepped values, etc.

Once again, please contribute any working and debugged .mst/.ost/.zon files that you have, so that when we go beta, we have a lot of folks operational out of the gate
Old 01-15-2020, 07:41 AM   #6006
Cragster

Quote:
Update FYI

WARNING -- The next build will have a very slight breaking change to CSI.ini:

Code:
MUST be changed to:

Code:
Page "HomePage" FollowMCP NoSynchPages UseScrollLink NoTrackColoring { 39 255 45 }
The main outstanding task before proceeding to beta is the Learn Mode Window.

We will also continue to develop other items in parallel -- EuCon enhancements, special meters for certain surfaces, colour support, stepped values, etc.

Once again, please contribute any working and debugged .mst/.ost/.zon files that you have, so that when we go beta, we have a lot of folks operational out of the gate
Thanks Geoff.im just starting but gonna try to follow and stay up to date.speaking of learn mode window.it pops up with almost every button I push .is that normal ? And that change you referenced in the new build.mine currently says notrackcoloring 0 0 0 thinking my files are still out of date ?
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:24 AM   #6007
MixMonkey

Quote:

Regarding FX parameters, there are essentially two separate, but related issues outstanding here.

The first (and potentially more serious) issue concerns particular parameters not "stopping" at their minimum or maximum values when fed from inc/dec encoders (the problem does not occur with Fader7Bit (absolute) controls)

Depending on the plugin, this can result in a loss of surface control or an outright crash of Reaper.

The solution would be to set bounds on the parameter in question so that no more inc/dec commands are sent when the boundary is reached. This would probably have to rely on the value returned from the plugin to CSI.

The second issue is those FX parameters expecting to receive a series of exact but non-contiguous values (ie "steps") These parameters can't be changed at all when fed inc/dec commands. Again, the problem does not exist for absolute controls.

The solution would be for the inc/dec commands to be translated internally into a series of stepped values, with each value sent on a tick of the encoder.

Because the solution for the stepped value issue inherently solves the first issue with bounds, I wonder whether there is a case for CSI always translating the inc/dec commands into an absolute value to be sent to the plugin?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:08 AM   #6008
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Thanks Geoff.im just starting but gonna try to follow and stay up to date.speaking of learn mode window.it pops up with almost every button I push .is that normal ?
No, that sure sounds like a bug.

Quote:
And that change you referenced in the new build.mine currently says notrackcoloring 0 0 0 thinking my files are still out of date ?
No, that's fine, you just need to put { } around the 0's like this -- { 0 0 0 }
Old 01-15-2020, 11:13 AM   #6009
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Regarding FX parameters, there are essentially two separate, but related issues outstanding here.

The first (and potentially more serious) issue concerns particular parameters not "stopping" at their minimum or maximum values when fed from inc/dec encoders (the problem does not occur with Fader7Bit (absolute) controls)

Depending on the plugin, this can result in a loss of surface control or an outright crash of Reaper.

The solution would be to set bounds on the parameter in question so that no more inc/dec commands are sent when the boundary is reached. This would probably have to rely on the value returned from the plugin to CSI.

The second issue is those FX parameters expecting to receive a series of exact but non-contiguous values (ie "steps") These parameters can't be changed at all when fed inc/dec commands. Again, the problem does not exist for absolute controls.

The solution would be for the inc/dec commands to be translated internally into a series of stepped values, with each value sent on a tick of the encoder.

Because the solution for the stepped value issue inherently solves the first issue with bounds, I wonder whether there is a case for CSI always translating the inc/dec commands into an absolute value to be sent to the plugin?
The syntax and parsing are more or less complete, see any holes in this ?

Code:
Zone someFX
    someButton FXParam 3 [ 0.0 0.25 0.5 0.75 1.0 ]
    anotherButton FXParam 7 [ 0.0-1.0 ]
ZoneEnd
The first one defines stepped vales and the second one defines a range that cannot be exceeded.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:43 AM   #6010
MixMonkey

Quote:
The syntax and parsing are more or less complete, see any holes in this ?

Code:
Zone someFX
    someButton FXParam 3 [ 0.0 0.25 0.5 0.75 1.0 ]
    anotherButton FXParam 7 [ 0.0-1.0 ]
ZoneEnd
The first one defines stepped vales and the second one defines a range that cannot be exceeded.
That looks fine Thanks, this will solve a ton of issues

Can they be buttons as well as encoders? (for the stepped example)

Just out of curiosity, how does CSI determine when the min/max values have been reached using an inc/dec encoder. Is it from the values returned by the plugin? (ie the one used for FXParamValueDisplay)
Old 01-15-2020, 11:46 AM   #6011
MixMonkey

Quote:
speaking of learn mode window.it pops up with almost every button I push .is that normal ?
In your .zon file, do you have any buttons included that are not assigned to a legitimate action or assigned "NoAction"?

I've had the learn window pop up when I've included a button, but left it unassigned.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:55 AM   #6012
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
That looks fine Thanks, this will solve a ton of issues

Can they be buttons as well as encoders? (for the stepped example)
Yes.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, how does CSI determine when the min/max values have been reached using an inc/dec encoder. Is it from the values returned by the plugin? (ie the one used for FXParamValueDisplay)
It uses the value returned, but it does not currently clamp it, it just adds the delta and proceeds no matter the value.

With the new range feature the value will be clamped to the range.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:10 PM   #6013
MixMonkey

Quote:
Yes.

It uses the value returned, but it does not currently clamp it, it just adds the delta and proceeds no matter the value.

With the new range feature the value will be clamped to the range.

Buttons as well! Cool

Ok, the returned value. We'll still be able to use the stepped approach for manufacturers whose plugins don't always return values correctly (or even at all) ACUSTICA THIS MEANS YOU!!

Thanks for doing this Geoff. The more plugins I've mapped, the more I realise the auto/control implementation in them is very much the poor relation

The only other thing I had on my mind is whether a straight 1:1 relationship between inc/dec controller and stepped value change might be a bit fine for some surfaces. On the C4/MCU it's probably ok because the rotaries are detented, so changing by one tick is ok if you're careful, but on others where the rotaries are smooth it might come across a bit uncontrollable. Is this a parameter we could set?
Old 01-15-2020, 12:20 PM   #6014
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Buttons as well! Cool

Ok, the returned value. We'll still be able to use the stepped approach for manufacturers whose plugins don't always return values correctly (or even at all) ACUSTICA THIS MEANS YOU!!

Thanks for doing this Geoff. The more plugins I've mapped, the more I realise the auto/control implementation in them is very much the poor relation

The only other thing I had on my mind is whether a straight 1:1 relationship between inc/dec controller and stepped value change might be a bit fine for some surfaces. On the C4/MCU it's probably ok because the rotaries are detented, so changing by one tick is ok if you're careful, but on others where the rotaries are smooth it might come across a bit uncontrollable. Is this a parameter we could set?
Yeah, this gets us right back to acceleration -- well deceleration (negative acceleration) in this case.

This time we want to "ignore" a certain amount -- or thin the data stream - as opposed to amplifying it.

Acceleration is one of the key elements that will hopefully give CSI a great "feel"
Old 01-15-2020, 12:26 PM   #6015
MixMonkey

Quote:
Yeah, this gets us right back to acceleration -- well deceleration (negative acceleration) in this case.

This time we want to "ignore" a certain amount -- or thin the data stream - as opposed to amplifying it.

Acceleration is one of the key elements that will hopefully give CSI a great "feel"
That’s cool The way you have it at the moment will be fine, acceleration can come later.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:27 PM   #6016
mschnell

Quote:
As you know I own an XTouch Compact and once did and still do intend to work on a CSI configuration for same with the XTouch in it's more versatile native mode instead of the restricted MCU mode it provides.

Many months ago there were some issues with this device (e.g. handling the auto-LED-toggling of the buttons, using a rotary as a pair if up/down buttons, handling the global channel for tweaking the LED rings...).

Later CSI left me in the dust and I was too lazy to follow without any documentation.

But once a Beta state documentation is available I will take up this task again.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:31 PM   #6017
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
As you know I own an XTouch Compact and once did and still do intend to work on a CSI configuration for same with the XTouch in it's more versatile native mode instead of the restricted MCU mode it provides.

Many months ago there were some issues with this device (e.g. handling the auto-LED-toggling of the buttons, using a rotary as a pair if up/down buttons, handling the global channel for tweaking the LED rings...).

Later CSI left me in the dust and I was too lazy to follow without any documentation.

But once a Beta state documentation is available I will take up this task again.

-Michael

......but figuring out how it works without the instructions is half the fun
Old 01-15-2020, 12:47 PM   #6018
Cragster

Quote:
In your .zon file, do you have any buttons included that are not assigned to a legitimate action or assigned "NoAction"?

I've had the learn window pop up when I've included a button, but left it unassigned.
Learn mode window pops up when i press some transport buttons like play. Stop. Record.they all work but also invoke the window to pop up. Took a quick peek at my zone file and they are all coded for the action then next line will say something like "play reaper s&m cyclation _4".im using poetnprophet zone file and haven't had a chance to give a go at changing anything yet .and the stop and record are also have that s&m cyclation. Is this whats telling the learn mode window to pop up when i press these buttons ?
Old 01-15-2020, 12:49 PM   #6019
MixMonkey

Quote:
Learn mode window pops up when i press some transport buttons like play. Stop. Record.they all work but also invoke the window to pop up. Took a quick peek at my zone file and they are all coded for the action then next line will say something like "play reaper s&m cyclation _4".im using poetnprophet zone file and haven't had a chance to give a go at changing anything yet .and the stop and record are also have that s&m cyclation. Is this whats telling the learn mode window to pop up when i press these buttons ?
Do you have the SWS extensions installed?
Old 01-15-2020, 12:59 PM   #6020
poetnprophet

Quote:
hey, the Learn mode is mapped to one of the Blank buttons, i forget which one but its on the far right side of the surface.

i have mapped many buttons to custom actions, so where ever you see cycle action or reaper action you may want to disable that and put your own there.

Also some of those, such as many transport buttons, are mapped twice for dual functions (such as play action will also toggle mute of the talkback track). You can disable the separate actions.

I think the learn window will come up if there are errors in the mappings that don't correspond to actual reaper actions. So for instance the custom cycle action that you don't have will cause the error and open the learn window.

You can put a / at beginning of the line to disable that line and action
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:30 PM   #6021
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
hey, the Learn mode is mapped to one of the Blank buttons, i forget which one but its on the far right side of the surface.

i have mapped many buttons to custom actions, so where ever you see cycle action or reaper action you may want to disable that and put your own there.

Also some of those, such as many transport buttons, are mapped twice for dual functions (such as play action will also toggle mute of the talkback track). You can disable the separate actions.

I think the learn window will come up if there are errors in the mappings that don't correspond to actual reaper actions. So for instance the custom cycle action that you don't have will cause the error and open the learn window.

You can put a / at beginning of the line to disable that line and action
Ok thanks all. Yes i have the sws extension and i did see the blank button mapped to the learn mode page.i will mess around with zone file and try to change some buttons and see how i do.thanks for looking out guys
Old 01-15-2020, 11:47 PM   #6022
Cragster

Lovin this CSI !!! Got alot of the buttons on my proX remapped to actions i frequently use. Its really nice.
Quick question..
Is there a way i can have the action keep going as long as im holding down the button?.ie...got up n down arrow buttons mapped to zoom.i want it to keep zooming as long as im holding the button down and it stops when i release .is that possible ?? Appreciate any feedback
Old 01-16-2020, 05:57 AM   #6023
sivert_h

How do I get FX parameters to show up on my controllers scribble strip?
Is there also a way of disabling some faders when I flip to FX control so that the faders doesn't control the channel volume?

Edit: This isn't the latest CSI build by the way so the zon files might look wrong.

zon file for controller:
Code:
Zone Home
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		"MasterButtons|"
		"MasterFader|"
		"Channel|1-8"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "MasterButtons|"
	Flip ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends

ChannelLeft TrackBank "-1"
	ChannelRight TrackBank "1"
	BankLeft TrackBank "-8"
	BankRight TrackBank "8"
	Rewind Rewind
	FastForward FastForward
	Play Play
	Stop Stop
	Record Record
	Cycle CycleTimeline

Mixer Reaper "40078"
	Read Reaper "_RS1fcf3fcd541b9e07c39a6740feb04c4370f53922" //Cycle Read modes script
	Write Reaper "_RSe3f1cb97ca1d272b089f230db6475443ebf92938" //Cycle Write modes script

JogWheelRotaryCW Reaper "40647"
	JogWheelRotaryCCW Reaper "40646"
	JogWheelPush ToggleMapFocusedFX

ZoomHorizLeft Reaper "1011"
	ZoomHorizRight Reaper "1012"
	ZoomVertUp Reaper "40112"
	ZoomVertDown Reaper "40111"
ZoneEnd

Zone MasterFader|
	MasterTrackNavigator
	MasterFader TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayLower|  TrackPanDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayUpper|  TrackVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPush| GoZone PanWidth|
	Rotary| TrackPan "0"
	RecordArm|  TrackRecordArm
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
	Select|  TrackUniqueSelect
	Shift+Select|  TrackRangeSelect
	Control+Select|  TrackSelect
	Shift+Control+Select| TogglePin
	Option+Select| TrackFolderDive
	Fader|  TrackVolume
	TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackVolume
	FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone "Pan|1-8"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| TrackPan "0"
	DisplayLower|  TrackPanDisplay
	RotaryPush| GoZone PanWidth|
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth|1-8"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| TrackPanWidth "1"
	DisplayLower|  TrackPanWidthDisplay
	RotaryPush| GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd

Zone "Send|1-8"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	DisplayLower|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	DisplayUpper+TrackTouch|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	Mute| TrackSendMute
	Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	Rotary| TrackSendPan
	RotaryPush| NoAction
	TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone "FXMenu|1-4"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  FXNameDisplay |
	RotaryPush| GoFXSlot |
ZoneEnd
zon file for plugin:
Code:
Zone "VST: UAD EP-34 Tape Echo (Universal Audio, Inc.)" ReaComp
  FocusedFXNavigator
  MasterFader FXParam 0 "Delay"
  Fader1 FXParam 1 "Repeats"
  Fader2 FXParam 2 "Echo Volume"
  Fader3 FXParam 3 "Rec Volume"
  Fader4 // I want this fader to be unused, set to zero
  Fader5 // I want this fader to be unused, set to zero
  Fader6 FXParam 4 "Treble"
  Fader7 FXParam 5 "Bass"
  Fader8 FXParam 6 "Pan"
ZoneEnd
sivert_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:58 AM   #6024
pane.valentin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Not sure if this might help you out but the EuCon build works a little differently at the moment. You tell CSI how many Eucon faders you want (a maximum number), regardless of how many you'll use in your project. So you say "I want 48 faders" and that's what you get. So if you only had 9 tracks, you'd get a bank of 8, and a bank of 1, followed by 39 empty faders. Not sure if that approach could benefit your situation, but it's something CSI is already doing elsewhere.
I think this behavior would be ideal. I don't see however how to set up this behavior in a MIDI surface.

I think the Pin command would be something good to use but i have no idea how it works and there is no documentation about it anywhere.

Also the NoAction command appears to block a button in all zones.

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"Buttons|"
		"Channel|1-24"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons|"
 Shift Shift
 Shift+Rec {ReaperCommand}
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
 TrackNavigator
 Shift NoAction
ZoneEnd
As I figure it out this setup should allow me to use Shift Button on the buttons from the "Buttons| "zone but not in the "Channel|" zone. Right? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by pane.valentin; 01-16-2020 at 07:16 AM.
pane.valentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:24 AM   #6025
Cragster

I think the learn window will come up if there are errors in the mappings that don't correspond to actual reaper actions. So for instance the custom cycle action that you don't have will cause the error and open the learn window.[/QUOTE]

Btw you were correct.remapped those buttons and all is well.thanks man
Old 01-16-2020, 07:29 AM   #6026
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Btw you were correct.remapped those buttons and all is well.sry this message was redo i botched the quote on the one before this. Haha im tryin.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:37 PM   #6027
Geoff Waddington

New builds are up.

Learn Mode is now accessed by a proper Reaper Action -- "CSI Learn Mode" -- just search CSI in Actions list.
Just starting to clean it up, so remember, be VERY careful, it may crash at any moment

Also fixed EuCon config and initialization bugs.

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

Breaking change -- you MUST modify your CSI.ini to include curly brackets around the Page colour (your numbers may be different):

Code:
MUST be changed to:

Code:
Old 01-16-2020, 01:21 PM   #6028
Cragster

Thanks Geoff. First time updating to a new build. So i just download and replace the old .dll with the new ?or replace the whole CSI folder? And make the change you specified. Sry probly dumb questions but i jyst wanna be sure.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:28 PM   #6029
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Thanks Geoff. First time updating to a new build. So i just download and replace the old .dll with the new ?or replace the whole CSI folder? And make the change you specified. Sry probly dumb questions but i jyst wanna be sure.
At this point the best strategy is:

Make copies of everything.

Replace everything.

Make changes to the new setup -- the same changes you made to get your setup going -- refer to your copies for this info.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:35 PM   #6030
Cragster

Quote:
At this point the best strategy is:

Make copies of everything.

Replace everything.

Make changes to the new setup -- the same changes you made to get your setup going -- refer to your copies for this info.
Ok got it. Thanks Geoff
Old 01-16-2020, 06:30 PM   #6031
RobinGShore

Quote:
New builds are up.

Learn Mode is now accessed by a proper Reaper Action -- "CSI Learn Mode" -- just search CSI in Actions list.
Just starting to clean it up, so remember, be VERY careful, it may crash at any moment

Confirming that the Eucon config problem appears to be fixed (i.e I no longer have to manually edit the zon file when making changes to the Eucon setup in CSI), but pan volume are still not initializing properly on the surface.
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:39 AM   #6032
WaveTrans

Quote:
New builds are up.

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

Breaking change -- you MUST modify your CSI.ini to include curly brackets around the Page colour (your numbers may be different):

Code:
MUST be changed to:

Code:
Updated .ini file with curly brackets so its { 0 0 0 } now, no issues there.

Good news! Sends and Plugins work again for the Nano

Still, contact with the controller is lost quite often when switching between sends and tracks or plugins and tracks; some crashes but nothing reproducible so far.

FX Plugin control is a tad slow in terms of fader movement and general reaction to the controller.

By the way, Is it possible to have more than 8 sends?

I tried "Sends|1-16" (instead of 1-8) but did not change anything, only 8 sends to switch through

Last edited by WaveTrans; 01-17-2020 at 02:48 AM.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:56 AM   #6033
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Confirming that the Eucon config problem appears to be fixed (i.e I no longer have to manually edit the zon file when making changes to the Eucon setup in CSI), but pan volume are still not initializing properly on the surface.
Hmmm...

Checked this out, worked fine here a few times, then suddenly no go.

Restarted EuControl and Reaper and everything was fine again.

More investigation to be done...
Old 01-17-2020, 03:58 AM   #6034
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Updated .ini file with curly brackets so its { 0 0 0 } now, no issues there.

Good news! Sends and Plugins work again for the Nano

Still, contact with the controller is lost quite often when switching between sends and tracks or plugins and tracks; some crashes but nothing reproducible so far.
You mean crash like Reaper exits ??
Old 01-17-2020, 05:14 AM   #6035
WaveTrans

Quote:
You mean crash like Reaper exits ??
Yes, Reaper crashed a few times, but I couldn´t reproduce the crashes, so the cause is unknown. Was playing around with opening/closing sends menu and FXMenu and switching through fx and sends.

The Sends Menu crashed a couple of times and swichting back from Sends/FX to tracks causes frequenct loss of connection to the controller.

After restarting Reaper (couple of times) everything worked again except for the single occurence when the send menu crashed upon opening it; had to restart the whole PC then to get it working again.

So, since I couldn´t reproduce the crashes, it may have been just me or the .zones or something with the project loaded
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:11 AM   #6036
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pane.valentin View Post
Also the NoAction command appears to block a button in all zones.

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"Buttons|"
		"Channel|1-24"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons|"
 Shift Shift
 Shift+Rec {ReaperCommand}
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
 TrackNavigator
 Shift NoAction
ZoneEnd
As I figure it out this setup should allow me to use Shift Button on the buttons from the "Buttons| "zone but not in the "Channel|" zone. Right? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
The modifier keys (Shift, Alt, Control, Option) are universal, they apply to all zones and surfaces, so if you block them in one it affects all.

Other buttons behave normally.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:14 AM   #6037
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivert_h View Post
How do I get FX parameters to show up on my controllers scribble strip?
Here's an example for the MCU, using ReaEQ:
Code:
Zone "VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)" "ReaEQ"

SelectedTrackNavigator

DisplayUpper1 FXParamNameDisplay 0 "Freq1"
DisplayLower1 FXParamValueDisplay 0
Rotary1 FXParam 0
Toggle+RotaryPush1 FXParam 12

DisplayUpper2 FXParamNameDisplay 1 "Gain1"
DisplayLower2 FXParamValueDisplay 1
Rotary2 FXParam 1
Toggle+RotaryPush2 NoAction 

DisplayUpper3 FXParamNameDisplay 3 "Freq2"
DisplayLower3 FXParamValueDisplay 3
Rotary3 FXParam 3
Toggle+RotaryPush3 NoAction 

DisplayUpper4 FXParamNameDisplay 4 "Gain2"
DisplayLower4 FXParamValueDisplay 4
Rotary4 FXParam 4
Toggle+RotaryPush4 NoAction 

DisplayUpper5 FXParamNameDisplay 6 "Freq3"
DisplayLower5 FXParamValueDisplay 6
Rotary5 FXParam 6
Toggle+RotaryPush5 NoAction

DisplayUpper6 FXParamNameDisplay 7 "Gain3"
DisplayLower6 FXParamValueDisplay 7
Rotary6 FXParam 7
Toggle+RotaryPush6 NoAction 

DisplayUpper7 FXParamNameDisplay 9 "Freq4"
DisplayLower7 FXParamValueDisplay 9
Rotary7 FXParam 9
Toggle+RotaryPush7 NoAction

DisplayUpper8 FXParamNameDisplay 10 "Gain4"
DisplayLower8 FXParamValueDisplay 10
Rotary8 FXParam 10
Toggle+RotaryPush8 NoAction 

Shift+DisplayUpper1 FXParamNameDisplay 2 "Q1"
Shift+DisplayLower1 FXParamValueDisplay 2
Shift+Rotary1 FXParam 2
Shift+Toggle+RotaryPush1 NoAction

Shift+DisplayUpper2 FXParamNameDisplay 1 "Gain1"
Shift+DisplayLower2 FXParamValueDisplay 1
Shift+Rotary2 FXParam 1
Shift+Toggle+RotaryPush2 NoAction

Shift+DisplayUpper3 FXParamNameDisplay 5 "Q2"
Shift+DisplayLower3 FXParamValueDisplay 5
Shift+Rotary3 FXParam 5
Shift+Toggle+RotaryPush3 NoAction

Shift+DisplayUpper4 FXParamNameDisplay 4 "Gain2"
Shift+DisplayLower4 FXParamValueDisplay 4
Shift+Rotary4 FXParam 4
Shift+Toggle+RotaryPush4 NoAction

Shift+DisplayUpper5 FXParamNameDisplay 8 "Q3"
Shift+DisplayLower5 FXParamValueDisplay 8
Shift+Rotary5 FXParam 8
Shift+Toggle+RotaryPush5 NoAction 

Shift+DisplayUpper6 FXParamNameDisplay 7 "Gain3"
Shift+DisplayLower6 FXParamValueDisplay 7
Shift+Rotary6 FXParam 7
Shift+Toggle+RotaryPush6 NoAction 

Shift+DisplayUpper7 FXParamNameDisplay 11 "Q4"
Shift+DisplayLower7 FXParamValueDisplay 11
Shift+Rotary7 FXParam 11
Shift+Toggle+RotaryPush7 NoAction 

Shift+DisplayUpper8 FXParamNameDisplay 10 "Gain4"
Shift+DisplayLower8 FXParamValueDisplay 10
Shift+Rotary8 10
Shift+Toggle+RotaryPush8 NoAction

ZoneEnd
Old 01-17-2020, 06:54 AM   #6038
sivert_h

Quote:
Here's an example for the MCU, using ReaEQ:
Thank you!
sivert_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:50 AM   #6039
Cragster

Quote:
New builds are up.

CSI learn mode not showing up in actions.dont really know what that window is yet but maybe thinking i did something wrong ?.also had a few reaper crashes.took a few restarts to be ok
Old 01-17-2020, 09:00 AM   #6040
Cragster

Idk what going on keep losing connection to audio interface and then reaper crashes.