Old 12-08-2019, 02:17 AM   #1
NotChuckNorris
Human being with feelings

Default V6 Metering - still not customizable?

Am I blind or are the meters still not customizable in the menu? It's such a simple thing to do, just let us set 0VU and the "danger" threshold...
At the moment I use meters that I have imported from a Pro Tools theme. It works but I would much rather have it available in the stock theme!
NotChuckNorris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:18 AM   #2
Quasar
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotChuckNorris View Post
Am I blind or are the meters still not customizable in the menu? It's such a simple thing to do, just let us set 0VU and the "danger" threshold...
At the moment I use meters that I have imported from a Pro Tools theme. It works but I would much rather have it available in the stock theme!
Why? I dinked around with different theme elements until I had the traditional green/yellow/red-clipping meters in v6 (the same whether armed or not), and apparently there is also a way to get rid of the red meters when record armed by deleting some instructions from rtconfig, though I didn't need to do this:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=228051

But if you can get it to work how you want, what difference does it make whether it's "stock" or not? I just appreciate the fact that Reaper is theme-able. The problem with stock themes is that many people don't like the results regardless of the design. Everyone is different.
Quasar is online now   Reply With Quote