Old 03-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
fenderguy4life
Human being with feelings

Default Track Markers?

Okay, really dumb question here. The track markers/numbers whatever they are above my tracks. I can't make heads or tails of it. I would love for it to display 4 beats in whole measures. Does that make sense? I'm obviously new to DAWs and Reaper.

1.1.00, 3.1.00, 5.1.00 is what I'm referring to. I'm guessing the other numbers are for time? Measured in seconds? There must be a way for me to either understand the method here or re-arrange it so it makes sense to me lol.

Sorry for such ignorance. I'm sure most people take all this for granted and know exactly what it means. I'm a player foremost, just getting into recording myself.

Edit: Nevermind. Figured it out. Zooming out gets me 4 beats and whole measures lmao.

Last edited by fenderguy4life; 03-28-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: content - figured it out.
fenderguy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
jiff 41

Hi & welcome.

If you right klik on the RULER at the top, you get a dropdown list, at the bottom,there's a selection of what YOU want displayed, I've got beats,measures,min,secs, you choose wot U like, (right kliking is very informative in reaper!)
PS If you right klik on the Grid Icon (in the main toolbar) you can display whole beats/half beats/quarter beats,etc,,,, download the FREE PDF manual (if you haven't already)it's great!

ENJOY!

Last edited by jiff 41; 03-29-2013 at 03:15 AM.
jiff 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
fenderguy4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiff 41 View Post
Hi & welcome.

If you right klik on the RULER at the top, you get a dropdown list, at the bottom,there's a selection of what YOU want displayed, I've got beats,measures,min,secs, you choose wot U like, (right kliking is very informative in reaper!)
PS If you right klik on the Grid Icon (in the main toolbar) you can display whole beats/half beats/quarter beats,etc,,,, download the FREE PDF manual (if you haven't already)it's great!

ENJOY!
Hi, and thanks for the welcome. I figured that out as well. That's the cool thing I'm finding out about Reaper. It's right clicks and whatnot. Plus, yes the manual. Well written and easy to figure out. It's all very helpful. Not to mention this website and community here.

I've been bouncing back and forth between another DAW. Reaper is once again leading the race to become my DAW of choice primarily for this reason, plus the modern look/features and again, well thought out methods of using it.

Next on my list is to integrate some more plugins and midi instrument loops