Old 06-27-2022, 02:14 PM   #1
dsu
Human being with feelings

Default Configuring for Multi Channel Output

I was able to successfully configure Reaper and reaSurrondPan to create a quad mix environment using the first 4 analog outputs on my RME UC. However, when I try to use the last 4 outputs on the ADAT no signal appears.

When a track is directly assigned to one of the ADAT outputs the signal flow works.

It seems that when configuring the Master for multichannel operation when the number of channels is set to 4, Reaper enumerates the first 4 channels. If I set the Master channel to 18, the ADAT channels are enumerated but reaSurrondPan defaults to the the first 4 analog channels.

The reason I want to use the ADAT outputs is because the first 8 Analog output are all ready committed to other tasks in the studio and re-patching outputs to do multi-channel is sort of annoying.

Can anyone confirm that reaSurrondPan and reaSurrond failure to enumerate all the outputs regardless of the number of desired output channels is the normal behavior?

Or I am I missing something in the configuration process?

Is this capability something that show be raised as a feature request?

Thanks for your attention.

Edit:
No response to date but I solved the problem by using the RME TotalMix program to redirect the Analog 1 - 4 outputs to the ADAT 15-18 outputs.

Last edited by dsu; 06-30-2022 at 03:24 PM.
dsu is offline   Reply With Quote