Old 06-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
shaun5150
Human being with feelings

Default Call Of The Wild - Demo Track

Well Hello Everyone..5 months ago I started using Reaper and developing my Project Studio...I have picked up many tips and tricks along the way to bring my first musical project/collaboration together. So here's Call Of The Wild, a song I have written to go along side another 9 tracks for my demo album called "Minds Eye".

http://www.reverbnation.com/ceramoniah

I would very much welcome your thoughts/comments...good, bad or indifferent.

Enjoy

Last edited by shaun5150; 06-27-2010 at 01:37 AM.
shaun5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
kindafishy

That's a nice thick lead tone you have there once the tune gets going! It reminds me a lot of Satriani tones.

The mix is nicely balanced in the mids and highs.

I think the drums need some attention though. The snare is a little too snappy (for my tastes) and it doesn't vary enough in power. It gets very monotonous. The kick is very hard to make out as well.

The whole low end of the mix could use a little more focus too. Bass, kick, vocals and maybe a little more of the lower registers of the guitars can all be brought in a little more. I'm guessing that you did a lot of HP, but you may have gone a little too far.

Good job though. My comments seem like a lot, but a little will go a long way to polishing this mix up.
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
shaun5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
That's a nice thick lead tone you have there once the tune gets going! It reminds me a lot of Satriani tones.

The mix is nicely balanced in the mids and highs.

I think the drums need some attention though. The snare is a little too snappy (for my tastes) and it doesn't vary enough in power. It gets very monotonous. The kick is very hard to make out as well.

The whole low end of the mix could use a little more focus too. Bass, kick, vocals and maybe a little more of the lower registers of the guitars can all be brought in a little more. I'm guessing that you did a lot of HP, but you may have gone a little too far.

Good job though. My comments seem like a lot, but a little will go a long way to polishing this mix up.
Hi....and thanks for the constructive feedback...
The Drums are "Addictive Drums" so I'm still getting use to the setup / mix...but I take onboard your comments and, as you say, a little goes a long way ;-)
shaun5150 is offline   Reply With Quote