Old 07-06-2022, 12:15 PM   #1
Cup
Human being with feelings

Default Reset screen display

I use the traditional display/theme.

I was moving my mouse across the screen and accidentally registered a click (a miracle, since my mouse usually requires two or three presses before it engages!). All of a sudden, chaos broke out. I've screenshotted it, but can't paste into here - sorry! I'll try to describe it. I still have the usual vertical list at the side showing track names, mini faders and mini pans, and then the track timelines across the screen. At the bottom there's nothing - track timelines just go right to the bottom, so there are none of the little things with real faders, the FX button, and the jumping meter per track. Over at the far right I can see a sliver of the Master track - the effects have left the blue button and become a small green list, while only the left portion of the meter is showing. It's cut off beyond that.

None of this is reversible by means of the undo button.

I've clicked all manner of view options without success. I want to get that set of mixing things back at the bottom of the screen, with the master at bottom left.

Many thanks for any help!

Paul
Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 01:43 PM   #2
xpander

Go to View menu and check if Mixer is selected in there. If it is not selected, do that. If your mixer happens to be floating somewhere out of sight, go to Actions and run the action Mixer: Toggle docking in docker. That should bring it back to the regular place.

Now if your Master track is still floating separately on the corner of the screen, right click menu over the Master track panel, Master track > Show in mixer.

And definitely change your mouse...it will just cause more havoc everywhere, acting or not acting like that!
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:43 PM   #3
Cup

Gosh, that's really helpful, thank you. I've made partial progress.

I've now got the thing back that usually sits at the bottom - the vertical faders and so on. And the master track is at the left of them. But it's floating wherever I drag it. I seem to have split Reaper into two separate windows, which co-habit the same tab. One has all the tracks, and the other has the mixer, but they are no longer connected. The mixer has its own white bar at the top, clickable X at top right and so on. It may no longer matter, since they're both present, but it would be nice to understand how one click unleashed this madness, and how to reverse it.

Oh my mouse ...

Last edited by Cup; 07-06-2022 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-06-2022, 05:48 PM   #4
nofish

Try rightclicking the mixer bar where you can drag it around > Dock mixer in docker.

edit:
I have customised menus, but you should find that entry at the bottom of uncustomised menu too.

Last edited by nofish; 07-06-2022 at 05:55 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 09:49 AM   #5
Cup

Thank you - but when I do that, it does attach itself, but at the right hand side. The only bit that's visible is the left portion of the Master track. In other words, it takes me back to the original problem. Somehow I've moved it from being attached/docked at the bottom, and can't get it back.

I've seen reference in older threads to clicking on an exclamation mark near the I for information. I can see neither of these on any part of the screen. Do you know roughly where I should look for them?
Old 07-07-2022, 12:03 PM   #6
nofish

Hm...I guess it would make things easier if you could attach a screenshot so we can see your situation.

I know you said in your first post you can't put it here, but have you tried the "Attach files" button below the writing field, you should be able to attach a pic with it (unless it's too big in filesize).
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 01:41 PM   #7
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup View Post
I've seen reference in older threads to clicking on an exclamation mark near the I for information. I can see neither of these on any part of the screen. Do you know roughly where I should look for them?
Exclamation mark is right next to the tab. Here in two docker position examples, bottom and right. It's the right-click menu over the exclamation mark, then Attached docker position.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:44 AM   #8
Cup

You're both very kind, and patient.

I hope this screenshot works ... as you can see, I don't actually have a tab, nor an exclamation mark. Perhaps this is the nub of the problem?
Attached Images
File Type: png ReaperScreenshot3.png (58.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-08-2022, 07:30 AM   #9
xpander

You don't have a (docker) tab because your mixer is floating, not docked. Right-click menu over the mixer window top frame and select Dock Mixer in Docker from the menu. Or go to Actions and run Mixer: Toggle docking in docker.
Old 07-08-2022, 09:07 AM   #10
Cup

That gives me this - the mixer is at far right, and mostly cut off. I can't expand the window any further.

This, by the way, is what happened at the very beginning. After accidentally clicking something, the screen went like this.
Attached Images
File Type: png ReaperScreenshot5.png (35.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 07-08-2022, 09:19 AM   #11
xpander

So there you have it docked right. Now grab the left edge of that docker, left side of the master fader, and drag left. Dragged far enough, you'll see the docker tab to appear at the side or bottom of the docker.

Or simply go to Actions and run Docker: Show in bottom of main window.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:57 AM   #12
Cup

IT WORKED!!!

It was "Actions - Docker: Show in bottom of main window"

I'm not used to Actions, so didn't realise you have to "Show Action list" and then start typing D ... O ... C ...

Thank you both so much!