Old 04-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
Deric
Human being with feelings

Default Reserve&Allocate Scrub command IDs please.

Justin/Christophe/(team?),

Could you please consider allocating a pair of Command Identifiers for Scrub FWD and Scrub REW?

I appreciate the functionality isn't in REAPER yet - but if you could pre-allocate from the pool that would be great!

Err whilst I'm here... could you, at some point, enable access to the 'main window menus' (File,Edit,etc,etc,) via MIDI? Preferably with the ability to scroll up/down/left/right?

Thank you!

Deric.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
Xenakios

Hmm, they don't really need to do that...They add the new commands and their IDs (or new programming APIs) and then you just use them when they are available.

Oh, and about the menus thing : you probably could do that already yourself with some clever Windows messaging...
Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
Deric

Hi Xenakios,

I would like this so that the code, I am doing now, will work *when* the feature is available.

i.e. If they allocated a pair of codes I could put them in the .cpp and release it with this currently-non-functioning 'future ability' sort of thing.

I'm hoping that if REAPER received one of these currently-invalid codes it would ignore it.

Windows massaging? Ah! Brilliant - thank you! Yes - they used VK_MENU in the original map... Great! Thank you!

Cheers for replying - still - be handy if they released a pair of codes so that Scrub worked (with this code) when they implement it.

Thanks for replying Xenakios!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:11 AM   #4
Xenakios

Hahha, too much trouble for you to fire up Visual C++ and compile your plugin again when the scrub feature may be available?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:15 AM   #5
Deric

Not at all...

I was thinking more that, if the YAMAHA 01X CPP gets intergrated into the REAPER build, it would seem to make more sense to include the codes now so that any users would already have it inbuilt.

Something like that