Old 12-29-2018, 08:50 PM   #1
rayultine
Human being with feelings

Default list of JS plugins

Hi all,
I noticed the JS suite is not included in the .ini text file of vst plugins. Silly question, but is there a text list of all the JS plugins that are packaged with Reaper?

I like to put all my plugins into a spreadsheet and take notes about presets and templates, etc.
rayultine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:01 AM   #2
mschnell

Such a list will not be very helpful (see below). You could use some directory list tool to past the file names in the "reaper\effects" folder (and subfolders) to a file.

There are thousands of JSFX plugins that can be used with Reaper.

The ones that are installed on your system can be seen in the plugin browser in the "js" folder.

After installing Reaper these are just the "stock" ones. Unfortunately there is not much documentation about those.

You can install the ReaPack extension to Reaper and same provides a browser that lets you find a great bunch of JS plugins in multiple repositories (the list of repositories itself can be extended, as well). Some of these do have a documentation that also can be viewed and searched in that browser. Once found, a JSFX plugin can be installed with a few clicks, and then it's available in Reaper's plugin browser.

On top of that a great number of - usually completely undocumented - JSFX plugins sleeps hidden but freely downloadable in the Internet. Thjey are usable if you can contact the authors.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 12-30-2018 at 05:29 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:31 AM   #3
amagalma

A list of the JSFX installed in your Reaper's installation can be found in your reaper-jsfx.ini.

Make a copy of it somewhere and alter that copy.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:04 AM   #4
citizenkeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayultine View Post
I like to put all my plugins into a spreadsheet and take notes about presets and templates, etc.

That's a really good idea, especially for JS plugins that don't contain any documentation. I think I might do the same!
citizenkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #5
HoJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayultine View Post
Hi all,
I noticed the JS suite is not included in the .ini text file of vst plugins. Silly question, but is there a text list of all the JS plugins that are packaged with Reaper?

Hi All.

I was wondering the same. I started collecting a lot of the needed information including usecases, tipps and tricks even within the facebook subgroups....anyway, it such a huge amount to work with i'm not even close to being somewhere. If you want to, I can provide you with a textfile(s) containing that information, as I still can not give any forecast, and when I will be done.
My plan was to give a resulting sheet back to the community (even the Facebook groups).
Let me know, if you want to have that stuff.

BR,
HoJo
HoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:21 PM   #6
rayultine

Amagalma, thank you! That is exactly what I am looking for. Just the list of my personal JS pluggos.

Hojo: I would love to see any collected notes that you have (for the default ones at least!) Might this be a worthwhile addition to the Wiki?
rayultine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:23 AM   #7
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoJo View Post
My plan was to give a resulting sheet back to the community (even the Facebook groups).
Let me know, if you want to have that stuff.
I am planing to start documenting the Reaper stock plugins via ReaPack. We need a small community to do this. (See see mails e.g. in this thread -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=177978 .)

-Michael
Old 01-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #8
HoJo

rayultine, mschnell, id didn't forget about you, but the files I have are still so mixed up etc, If you want to, I can forward you, what I have, but, its really really confusing etc. let me know-
HoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:06 AM   #9
mschnell

I think for decently starting the "stock JSFX documentation project" for the benefit of the newbie user we need:
- a reliable group of volunteers
- Cockos providing the installation of ReaPack in the stock distribution or some other very easy way to install ReaPack as the first extension in the extensions menu
- Cocos providing a very easy way (e.g. pressing F1 on a plugin window and in the plugin browser) to see the "about" section of installed plugins in a window, generated from the MarkDown text provided in the ReaPack database.

-Michael