Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 01-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
Jed9999
Human being with feelings

Default Setting a mixer channel as default pre-master.

Hello there!
I want to have a "pre-master" mixer channel to receive from all the other tracks i create automatically as default, is there any way to do that other than using folder tracks?
Old 01-11-2019, 01:21 PM   #2
Magicbuss

Create a new "pre-master" track. Then open the master I/O window and click "add a new receive". In the drop down list select add receives from ALL tracks. THEN make sure on every track besides the new pre-master track that you uncheck the parent send in their respective Master I/O windows.

Now all tracks are routed through the one pre-master track and it is routed to the master fader and your speakers.

FWIW I use a folder track for this.

Last edited by Magicbuss; 01-11-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Magicbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:36 PM   #3
Jed9999

Thanks man, appreciate that!
Maybe i start using folder tracks for that and get used to it since it's easier. It's just that i don't like the idea of having layers and layers of folders for my tracks since i already use folders for buses.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #4
ashcat_lt

Trying to add more than a couple of receives via the I/O window can be really tedious. You can select all of the tracks that you want to send and the Ctrl+Shift+Left Drag from the send area of any of those tracks to the bus track and it'll set them all up at once. While they're all still selected, if you right click on the MCP kind of near but not on the pan knob for any track, you can untick the Master send right there and it will affect all of them.

There is at least one script out there that will automatically make a track with receives from all other top-level tracks that is pretty much exactly for this.

I don't know of a way to automatically have like all new tracks send to a specific track. Templates won't work for that, and I don't think there's an option under the track defaults in Preferences.
ashcat_lt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:06 AM   #5
Pinknoise

+1 it would be a great idea to have extra tick boxes in the IO to auto-send to aux master. All we would need is an action or a tick box on the receiving IO that creates a tick box on all other tracks and auto sends them as well. Or a new layout Aux Master.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:17 AM   #6
Magicbuss

Guys as I said in my first post there is an option to "add receives from all tracks" in the I/O window. I have to believe this was added for the purpose of creating an aux master
Magicbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:11 PM   #7
Pinknoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicbuss View Post
Guys as I said in my first post there is an option to "add receives from all tracks" in the I/O window. I have to believe this was added for the purpose of creating an aux master
Great when you have all your tracks already but not so good for the extra tracks added or renders created along the way.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #8
ashcat_lt

Or if you've got any bus tracks (folder or otherwise) at all.
ashcat_lt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:13 AM   #9
MaXyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcat_lt View Post
Trying to add more than a couple of receives via the I/O window can be really tedious. You can select all of the tracks that you want to send and the Ctrl+Shift+Left Drag from the send area of any of those tracks to the bus track and it'll set them all up at once. While they're all still selected, if you right click on the MCP kind of near but not on the pan knob for any track, you can untick the Master send right there and it will affect all of them.

There is at least one script out there that will automatically make a track with receives from all other top-level tracks that is pretty much exactly for this.

I can give an advice of using Routig Matrix. Seeing what is where routed on single screen makes possible to re-rout all existing tracks in a few secs

What I would like to see is ability of moving pre-master track to master toolbox, instead of displaying it with all other tracks. I suppose it's not possible today.
MaXyM is offline   Reply With Quote