Old 04-06-2021, 03:51 PM   #1
cunim58
Human being with feelings

Default New audio input problem

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help please. Today I installed 626 and found a strange problem - I can't get any audio track input. Nothing else has changed in my setup and it worked fine yesterday, recording guitar, bass, mics, and midi keys. I plugged my guitar as usual into input 4 and I can hear it through the monitors, but nothing on the meters. Using a Behringer UMC404HD DI (UMC ASIO) with Win 10 pro and never had a problem in the years I have used Reaper. Showing input on the Behringer, and clip if I turn it up. Midi keyboard input still works fine. Tried new cables, a different guitar, a different input channel, reinstalled 625, all to no avail. I'm definitely not an expert but I think I am reasonably savvy and am just scratching my head.

I would be really happy for someone to say to me 'yeah, but did you.....'

Not sure if there is a log file I can attach to help investigate, if there is, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help
cunim58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:51 AM   #2
Stella645

O/S mic privacy settings?
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:10 AM   #3
cunim58

Thanks Stella. I checked now and the mic access is still on. Literally nothing changed in my setup, and I can play a project recorded the previous day. I think a clean install is called for...
Old 04-09-2021, 11:21 AM   #4
cunim58

Default Solved input issue

May be of interest to someone, installing v626 changed the input channels to a 2 channel system, which I guess may be the Reaper default. I made no changes of any kind within the settings, so it has to have happened during the new version installation. Easy to fix when you find it, but not too intuitive to look there for the solution, since the audio interface can be seen when checked. A closer look however shows the channel range had changed from 1-4 to 1-2, so trying to see an input on ch 4 was always going to be a challenge...
Old 04-09-2021, 12:20 PM   #5
Stella645

But surely when trying to select input 4 as your track input you'd have noticed it wasn't available?
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote