Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #1
sjs94704
Human being with feelings

Default Request for referral to videos about mixing songs

I am new to mixing with Reaper. I am a singer and I love to sing for example Barbra Streisand songs.

I learn best by watching videos. My goal is to take the original background music from one of her songs and learn how to mix it down into something that has a beat to it!

I have come across so many videos that teach individual features of Reaper, but I have yet to come across any that teach how to do this ..... taking an original version of a Streisand song and mixing it into something that could be played at a night club where people get on the dance floor to disco out to the song!

Any ideas where to start to learn such skills?

I would be grateful for any information or referrals anyone can offer!

-Steven S.
Berkeley, CA USA
sjs94704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:50 PM   #2
Rangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs94704 View Post
I am new to mixing with Reaper. I am a singer and I love to sing for example Barbra Streisand songs.

I learn best by watching videos. My goal is to take the original background music from one of her songs and learn how to mix it down into something that has a beat to it!

I have come across so many videos that teach individual features of Reaper, but I have yet to come across any that teach how to do this ..... taking an original version of a Streisand song and mixing it into something that could be played at a night club where people get on the dance floor to disco out to the song!

Any ideas where to start to learn such skills?

I would be grateful for any information or referrals anyone can offer!

-Steven S.
Berkeley, CA USA
learn about remixing and apply that technique to reaper

I'm sure there's a billion videos on remixing on youtueb
Rangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
sjs94704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
learn about remixing and apply that technique to reaper

I'm sure there's a billion videos on remixing on youtueb
OK, that I already know, but thank you!

I would love to do that, so would you be willing to assist me with what to type in the search box on YouTube to be able to pull up those TONS of videos your speaking of.

I'm asking because I'm just not sure what the search box should say to get what I'm looking for!
Old 08-05-2017, 01:36 AM   #4
slipstick

How about "remixing songs" and "remix techniques"? Both get plenty of hits though not all are 100% relevant.

But good luck adding a beat to Streisand-type songs which generally have timing that wanders about all over the place.

Steve
slipstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:47 AM   #5
Rangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
How about "remixing songs" and "remix techniques"? Both get plenty of hits though not all are 100% relevant.

But good luck adding a beat to Streisand-type songs which generally have timing that wanders about all over the place.

Steve
You can do some minor stretch timing or do some crazy stuff. I'd love to hear some Streisand ripped up.
Rangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #6
sjs94704

Default How about Adele instead?

I only used Streisand because not having any experience with remixing at the moment, how would I know that Streisand would be hard? BUT, I believe that with enough thought, planning and experience ANYTHING is possible!

In the meantime, I have heard several remixes of Adele songs and I do not intend to duplicate those at all but at least work toward gaining the skills it takes to produce something like that except with the music I sing which does include a lot of Adele's songs!