Old 09-28-2019, 02:50 AM   #1
monk
Human being with feelings

Default MiniLab MKII suddenly stopped working

Arturia Minilab MKII no longer works in Reaper 5.98.3 under MacOs Mojave 10.14.6

It’s working in Analog Lab, Ableton Live 10 Lite, and GarageBand.

Neither control knobs or keyboard are working with instruments, or the MIDI editor within Reaper.

It was working, but I haven't used it in a couple weeks and have updated both MacOS and Reaper since I've last used it.

I don’t think I’ve changed any of the settings, but maybe something got corrupted. How do I go about troubleshooting this? I'm close to nuking Reaper and reinstalling, but I'd hate to loose my presets. And I'm not sure that would even work anyway. I created a new user account on MacOS and Reaper launched with a clean slate, and it still didn't work.

Anyone else have this issue suddenly crop up?

At this point I've changed so many settings across my system I can no longer remember what the working configuration was.

Does anyone have a uber-detailed settings list I could double check my setup with, including what I should do in MacOS's Audio MIDI Setup.app and MIDI Studio.

Help!

TIA
monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
monk

Default Working again, but why?!

Whelp, I don’t know what happened, but after many hours of tinkering with ALL THE SETTINGS, I got it working. I like to think I tricked it into waking up by plugging in a little cheapy I had kicking around.

Although, I'm still interested in knowing the right way to setup MIDI controllers in MacOS. I now have hodge podge mix of settings and configurations in my OS, the control surface's setup app, and in Reaper itself. I'd like to prune some of that back, but until I know what the eff I'm doing, I ain't gonna touch a thing!
monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:37 PM   #3
brooon

Hey @monk!

I just received my Minilab MK2 today and am kind of frustrated as I can´t get it to communicate with Analog Lab 4 VST within Reaper at all.

The standalone app is working fine and the minilab is already enabled in reapers MINI settings as a MIDI input device. One can see that reapers gets a general signal as the recording meter is working - but no sound with the VST.

Did you manage to make it work? I am totally lost...
brooon is offline   Reply With Quote