Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 12-10-2019, 07:03 AM   #1
Emmett_Brown
Human being with feelings

Default New Indie Rock release from Three Layers of Me

Hi guys,

I completed a new Indie Rock mix called "The Void", from Three Layers of Me. This song features female vocalist named Igna. Listen free here: https://choon.co/tracks/0ck8bbt2jop/the-void/

Plenty of UAD plugs all over this mix. I made a lot of use of the Ampex ATR 102 on the vocals to give it a double tracked feel. This mix is intentionally a bit Indie/low fi, so I am breaking a lot of rules on purpose. As always, Reaper is my go to DAW, because it is so flexible and efficietn. Thanks for listening!

Chuck Cote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:25 AM   #2
sammydix

Got a big, almost 80s sound. Reminded me of an obscure band called Lighthouse just a bit. The only thing is that there's about 3 or 4 bands called "Lighthouse" and they're all sound completely different.

Last edited by sammydix; 12-10-2019 at 07:37 AM.
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #3
Emmett_Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydix View Post
Got a big, almost 80s sound. Reminded me of an obscure band called Lighthouse just a bit. The only thing is that there's about 3 or 4 bands called "Lighthouse" and they're all sound completely different.
Cool, thanks for listening and thanks for the feedback. I don't remember Lighthouse, but I will look them up and check them out
Old 12-10-2019, 01:44 PM   #4
Jeffsounds

I like it! Mix sounds very well balanced and clear. My only nit is the lead vocal seems a bit TOO up front. I like her voice. Almost sounds like Geddy Lee but with more bottom in her voice.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:01 PM   #5
Emmett_Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsounds View Post
I like it! Mix sounds very well balanced and clear. My only nit is the lead vocal seems a bit TOO up front. I like her voice. Almost sounds like Geddy Lee but with more bottom in her voice.
Thanks for listening, and thanks for the feedback. I love the Geddy comparison, I will pass that along to the singer. She is a rocker, so she will like that