Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 01-30-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
LieMfB
Human being with feelings

Default Making Reaper show up in Jack

I'm using Reaper in Linux with jack and managing my audio connections with qjackctl.

Now, every time I start the jack server (after having the computer on suspend or whatever) I have to go to Preferences > Devices in Reaper and click OK before Reaper and its audio connections show up in qjackctl.

Is there a way to get rid of this step and make the connections show up automatically, or maybe with a press of one button or so?
LieMfB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:03 PM   #2
tglanfield

bump.

I'd be interested in an answer to this one.
tglanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:23 PM   #3
Glennbo

First of all I'll say that ALSA is the preferred audio system to use with REAPER, but if you have to use JACK for some reason, you can have REAPER startup JACK by adding the command you want REAPER to use.

I was previously using JACK because I had two M-Audio Delta 2496 cards, and JACK was needed to make both cards work.

Anyway, I used this command in REAPER's launch JACK window. The M2496 was my M-Audio card, so you would replace that with whatever is the correct device name for your audio device. The -P80 sets the priority higher if you have the credentials to do so. The rest of the line sets the sample frequency, block size, number of periods, and to use ALSA midi.

/usr/bin/jackd -P80 -dalsa -dhw:M2496 -r44100 -p64 -n2 -Xseq

Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:06 PM   #4
s wave

Are you using JACK1 or JACK2 (do you auto suspend pulse?) do you have ALSA mixer gui? just a few common ideas... also run reaper with terminal open? to see errors... or go into syslog... (keep that open) to see errors? Are your xruns low? tc
s wave is offline   Reply With Quote