Old 08-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
palinilap
Human being with feelings

Default Problem Gluing MIDI Items

I did a lot of editing to some MIDI items recently and then arranged them on one track. Unfortunately I thought it would be a good item to glue it all together, and then saved and closed the session. Today when I open the session I see that I've lost MIDI data over several minutes of the MIDI item - I have no idea why. I'm assuming the answer is no, but is there any way to recover this MIDI data?

I don't have REAPER configured to save MIDI files to a folder. I have tried right-clicking on the session file and choosing "Restore Previous Versions" but it doesn't go back to yesterday.
palinilap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:20 PM   #2
FnA
Human being with feelings

The in-project midi items (takes) form a part of the .rpp that gets saved. They are not file references like .mid. If you have the undo history file saved you could go back to the point where you glued to copy them. Maybe Save-As to a new version first would be safest so you don't accidentally lose the ability to Redo.

I'm going to guess you got hit with "item mix behavior" when gluing. It might make certain parts effectively muted during playback (and gluing) "Items always mix" is the safe bet to just combine all item contents.

Perhaps if you don't save/load your undo history, you might have your setup configured to save multiple RPP-bak files, one of them might have what you want. Maybe the last (only?) one would be enough...

Last edited by FnA; 08-30-2017 at 06:33 PM.
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote