COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 12-04-2017, 11:28 PM   #1
Bobflip
Human being with feelings

Default Rez failed with exit code 2

So I’m having trouble with a Rez error preventing AU compilation.

Everything had been compiling fine on VST2 VST3, APP and AU. But over the past few hours this has started coming up.

I’d suspect the .plist files as I’ve updated those recently, but it doesn’t seem to be anything I’ve changed as I can duplicate a working project and have this error when I try to compile the copy.

I’ve tried cleaning the project and deleting the Derived Data folder

These are the errors I’m getting:

Code:
/Volumes/Data/Programming/IPlug-Youlean-master/WDL/IPlug/IPlugAU.r:102: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Expected string, but got identifier (PLUG_MFR)
/Volumes/Data/Programming/IPlug-Youlean-master/WDL/IPlug/IPlugAU.r:106: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Expected string, but got identifier (PLUG_NAME)
/Volumes/Data/Programming/IPlug-Youlean-master/WDL/IPlug/IPlugAU.r:110: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Expected string, but got identifier (PLUG_ENTRY_STR)
/Volumes/Data/Programming/IPlug-Youlean-master/WDL/IPlug/IPlugAU.r:113: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Expected 'SYSHEAP', 'APPHEAP', 'PURGEABLE', 'NONPURGEABLE', 'LOCKED', 'UNLOCKED',
 'PRELOAD', 'NONPRELOAD', 'PROTECTED', or 'UNPROTECTED', but got identifier (PLUG_MFR)
/Volumes/Data/Programming/IPlug-Youlean-master/WDL/IPlug/IPlugAU.r:114: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Undefined variable (PLUG_IS_INST) not allowed in expression.
/Volumes/Data/Programming/IPlug-Youlean-master/WDL/IPlug/IPlugAU.r:114: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Badly formed expression.
/Volumes/Data/Programming/IPlug-Youlean-master/WDL/IPlug/IPlugAU.r:116: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Undefined variable (AU_MIDI_FX) not allowed in expression.
/Volumes/Data/Programming/IPlug-Youlean-master/WDL/IPlug/IPlugAU.r:116: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Badly formed expression.
/Volumes/Data/Programming/IPlug-Youlean-master/WDL/IPlug/IPlugAU.r:118: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Undefined variable (PLUG_DOES_MIDI) not allowed in expression.
/Volumes/Data/Programming/IPlug-Youlean-master/WDL/IPlug/IPlugAU.r:118: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Badly formed expression.
/Volumes/Data/Programming/IPlug-Youlean-master/WDL/IPlug/IPlugAU.r:161: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Expected string, but got identifier (PLUG_MFR)
/Volumes/Data/Programming/IPlug-Youlean-master/WDL/IPlug/IPlugAU.r:165: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Expected string, but got identifier (PLUG_NAME)
/Volumes/Data/Programming/IPlug-Youlean-master/WDL/IPlug/IPlugAU.r:169: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Expected string, but got identifier (PLUG_VIEW_ENTRY_STR)
I even tried duplicating IPlugEffect afresh, and adding everything back to that, which solved it as first but it just came back after a while.

Totally stumped on this one! Any thoughts?
Bobflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:37 AM   #2
Youlean

You need to add #define AU_MIDI_FX 1 to the resources.h
Old 12-05-2017, 04:01 AM   #3
Bobflip

Hmmm, that didn't work. It was set to 0, so changed it to 1 and deleted build-mac and Derived Data before compiling, but still got the same errors.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:33 AM   #4
Youlean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobflip View Post
Hmmm, that didn't work. It was set to 0, so changed it to 1 and deleted build-mac and Derived Data before compiling, but still got the same errors.
Oh no, it should be 0. Then check other macros too...
Old 12-05-2017, 05:48 AM   #5
Bobflip

Thanks for the tip. It’s a weird one though, as the resources.h file would be the same in the duplicated copy as the original copy, so shouldn’t be down to something like that. It ends up affecting other backup folders of the project, and then new compiles of those don’t show up in any hosts or even the list given by “auval -a”.

It’s like something hugely important has got corrupted but I can’t think what it could be. Was meant to have this plug released weeks ago and thought I’d finally get there yesterday…

I’ve cleaned things again managed to put together another project folder that builds and scans alright, and am working from that for now. Still not really sure what’s caused it, but fingers crossed it won’t happen again!
Old 12-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #6
Bobflip

Ok, so it came up again, but I've solved it now, I think. I finally narrowed it down to the Cryptopp library. I had built the library and dragged it to Frameworks and Libraries, and had dragged 7 files to Other Sources (whrlpool.h, cryptlib.h, hex.h, filters.h, des.h, modes.h, secblock.h, aes.h). I’d also added the headers to my main project’s .h file, and added the cryptopp-master directory to the paths for the required targets.

Turns out that I needed to *uncheck* the AU target from the 7 .h files I’d dragged into Other Sources, which went against what I thought is how it worked, but there you go.