Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 03-07-2018, 06:27 PM   #1
Sal1
Human being with feelings

Default Help with midi controller goin CRAZEEEEEEE

Hello everyone, I've just started using reaper recently, been watching all types of tutorials, reading posts in this forum, about mapping midi controllers so on and so forth, I have only been using my m audio axiom air 49, without all of its features so I wouldn't get frustrated with learning everything all at once, but now I am trying to use the axiom airs knobs and faders, unfortunately I found out that I wouldn't be able to use it's hypercontrol features
Which is a huge disappointment. In the future I'll have to get a more compatible controller that works easier with Reaper and cubase, possibly the Code or Nektar, but anyways to move forward I have read the midi learn post and watched the tutorials on YouTube and ive got some progress to sync up with the knobs,I can see Reaper tracks RESPONDING AS LIGHTS GOING ON AND OFF ON THE TRACKS, BUT NOT ON DEXED VST,AND WHEN I TURN THE KNOBS, ITS NOT CHANGING THE SOUND, AND AS FAR AS THE FADERS ON THE AXIOM, WELL THEY'RE NOT RESPONSIVE AT ALL, I KNOW ITS PROBABLY JUST A COUPLE MORE SETTINGS THAT NEED TO BE CHANGED FROM HERE, AND I'VE RETRACED MY STEPS BUT CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE IT OUT, advice from anyone who has experienced this situation would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Last edited by Sal1; 03-07-2018 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Mistake
Sal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:32 AM   #2
solger

As shown in this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkCNbRNa1nU:

Under Preferences > Audio > MIDI Devices: Is the Axiom enabled as both Input & Control Device: [ENABLED+CONTROL]?
And did you do the MIDI Learn via the [Param] button at the top of Reaper's plugin window?

If this doesn't solve the problem, can you please describe in more detail which steps you did try exactly for mapping the Axiom?
And if assigning the Axiom knobs/faders (to other VST plugins, to Actions in the Action List, etc.) is working in general?

Last edited by solger; 03-08-2018 at 02:53 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #3
Sal1

I will definitely look that over and if it doesn't work I'll give you more details as to what is going on, thank you so much for your advice
Old 03-09-2018, 07:55 PM   #4
Sal1

hi again,, as of now i am still having the same issue, ive watched the tutorial you posted and learned alot, but still i am getting total signal flow from the knobs and faders on my midi controller, but still cant get the knobs and faders to control anything on a plugin, ive even used rea eq and done everything right along side of Kenny Gioia at the same time i will look at some of my other settings and try to elaborate more for you, as far as how im set up , thank you
Old 03-18-2018, 08:12 PM   #5
Sal1

Hello, solger I just wanted to let you know that I've finally got the axioms FADERS to work with DEXED plugin but still can't get the knobs to control it, I'm definitely getting a signal though, any suggestions, thanks for your info, btw I went into the parameters list in DEXED and learn touched each fader and assigned it to a control on the plugin, tried doing the same with the knobs but still didn't work,just to give you more details

Last edited by Sal1; 03-18-2018 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 03-19-2018, 03:10 AM   #6
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal1 View Post
... tried doing the same with the knobs but still didn't work
According to the Axiom Air 49 manual the knob section has 3 Mode Buttons (to the left of the 8 knobs).
So you'll probably have to make sure that this section is set to MIDI Mode by pressing the MIDI Bank button there, first.

As a side note: pressing the MIDI Bank button repeatedly switches between three banks of assignment - so this might also be something to keep in mind.

If this doesn't solve the problem, you might also have to use a different CC mode when assigning the knobs in the MIDI/OSC Learn window.
Like instead of Absolute Mode using either one of the Relative Modes 1, 2 or 3. Or the other way round.

You can see the CC Mode selection box at 2:10 in the video: https://youtu.be/AkCNbRNa1nU?t=2m10s

Last edited by solger; 03-19-2018 at 03:35 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:18 AM   #7
Sal1

Thanks for getting back to me and all of your help, I'm going to get to it today !