Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 12-19-2019, 01:26 PM   #41
juliansader
Human being with feelings

Fixed in v5.03. [EDIT: v5.04 actually]

Last edited by juliansader; 12-19-2019 at 01:53 PM.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #42
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Ehehe, typos are bastards!

BTW I'd kinda wish if undo/redo regions were closer to the transform area.
Yep, agreed!
Old 12-20-2019, 05:19 AM   #43
_Stevie_

Not sure, has this been addressed in this build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
Old 12-20-2019, 06:31 AM   #44
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Not sure, has this been addressed in this build?
Not yet.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:03 AM   #45
_Stevie_

Okay, thanks for letting us know!
Old 12-20-2019, 02:12 PM   #46
AJYoung

So Here's an interesting one that I don't know if you can do anything about.

When using the Multi-tool, and when working on the lowest CC lane, the bottom yellow box is unusable. It gets covered up by and intercepted by the tools at the bottom of the MIDI editor.

AJYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:56 AM   #47
o_e

Hi,

I've just installed the 'js_Mouse editing - Multi tool.lua'
assigned it to a key, when I press that key it looks like this.
Am I missing something?

thanks!
o_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:42 AM   #48
juliansader

Quote:
Also it would be great if symmetrical mode was also available for tilt.

Here's a video from ableton's new automation features that shows the symmetrical tilt at 0:42.

https://youtu.be/TY5UuK6T7R0?t=30.
If I understand the video correctly, this is not tilting, but symmetrical compression, which the Multi tool can already do.

However, I am considering adding a symmetrical tilting feature too, in which the CCs see-saw around the middle tick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJYoung View Post
So Here's an interesting one that I don't know if you can do anything about.

When using the Multi-tool, and when working on the lowest CC lane, the bottom yellow box is unusable. It gets covered up by and intercepted by the tools at the bottom of the MIDI editor.
This was fixed in the last version -- please let me know if it works better now. The bottom zone is not visible behind the scrollbars, but can be clicked.

Quote:
My thoughts were, wouldn't it be better if it was following the height of the envelope as we scale it ? Because sometimes, as it is shown in the gif, when we drag to a lower value and the selection resets to the top, if we drag again, the value scales first to the height of the rectangle area.
This was also implemented in the last version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_e View Post
I've just installed the 'js_Mouse editing - Multi tool.lua' assigned it to a key, when I press that key it looks like this.
Am I missing something?
That isn't supposed to happen!

* What operating system and REAPER version are you using?

* Could you please let me know what happens when you run other scripts that display graphics inside the MIDI editor window, such as the MIDI Inspector (when docked in the editor)?

* Similarly, what happens when you run other scripts that create GUI windows, such as the LFO Tool or Radial Menu?

* Are you using a HiDPI or 4K screen?
Old 01-05-2020, 12:36 PM   #49
o_e

Thanks for the quick response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
* What operating system and REAPER version are you using?
I'am on a Macbook Pro, late 2013, running Mac OS X.11.6 aka El Captain,
running the very last development version of REAPER (reaper602+dev1228)

Quote:
* Could you please let me know what happens when you run other scripts that display graphics inside the MIDI editor window, such as the MIDI Inspector (when docked in the editor)?
Not sure what (kind of scripts) you mean exactly, can you please specify..

Quote:
* Similarly, what happens when you run other scripts that create GUI windows, such as the LFO Tool or Radial Menu?
Radial Menu is running fine..

Quote:

* Are you using a HiDPI or 4K screen?
No, this happend on an old external screen from 2005, Macbook closed,
but when I'am on the road, I'am using the Macbook screen, whitch is a 'retina' (Apples fancy name for High Resolution)
Old 01-05-2020, 02:14 PM   #50
Vagelis

Quote:
If I understand the video correctly, this is not tilting, but symmetrical compression, which the Multi tool can already do.

However, I am considering adding a symmetrical tilting feature too, in which the CCs see-saw around the middle tick.
Amazing!!

Quote:
This was also implemented in the last version.
Just tried it and i love it, THANKS!!
Vagelis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 02:22 PM   #51
juliansader

From your GIF, it appears that the alpha (transparency) values of the graphics aren't applied.

There used to be a bug in alpha blending on Linux, so I will have to check if El Capitan perhaps has a similar bug.

Quote:
Not sure what (kind of scripts) you mean exactly, can you please specify..
Please try the "MIDI Inspector" script. (It is also available in ReaPack. If the script opens a GUI window, click on the "Dock" button to dock it inside the MIDI editor window.) If you have Sexan's "Area51" script, you can also try that.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:35 AM   #52
o_e

Quote:
From your GIF, it appears that the alpha (transparency) values of the graphics aren't applied.

Please try the "MIDI Inspector" script. (It is also available in ReaPack. If the script opens a GUI window, click on the "Dock" button to dock it inside the MIDI editor window.) If you have Sexan's "Area51" script, you can also try that.
The docked version of the 'MIDI Inspector is flickering, licecap do not capture this fast flickering, after a while the CPU is going high (fans are starting to get noisy)..

Also, after closing Reaper, I get this error message:
Scripts/ReaTeam Scripts/MIDI Editor/js_MIDI Inspector.lua:437:'reaper.SN_FocusMIDIEditor' is unknown

Don't know if this is related..

Now I've test it on the 'retina' laptop screen and the MIDI Inspector is not flickering
but the Mouse Editing Multi Tool still shows nonsens, see gif:

Last edited by o_e; 01-06-2020 at 07:03 AM. Reason: addition at 3 pm
Old 01-09-2020, 12:35 AM   #53
myfeltgood

Quote:
The docked version of the 'MIDI Inspector is flickering, licecap do not capture this fast flickering, after a while the CPU is going high (fans are starting to get noisy)..

Also, after closing Reaper, I get this error message:
Scripts/ReaTeam Scripts/MIDI Editor/js_MIDI Inspector.lua:437:'reaper.SN_FocusMIDIEditor' is unknown

Don't know if this is related..

Now I've test it on the 'retina' laptop screen and the MIDI Inspector is not flickering
but the Mouse Editing Multi Tool still shows nonsens, see gif:

Good...i'm not the only one. I'm having this issue also.
myfeltgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 02:04 AM   #54
o_e

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfeltgood View Post
Good...i'm not the only one. I'm having this issue also.
Can you please tell which OS and what kind of display you are on?
Old 01-09-2020, 05:25 AM   #55
_Stevie_

I guess this must be macOS. I have seen this issue in the past as well (other scripts that use the same methods).
Old 01-09-2020, 10:50 AM   #56
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
I guess this must be macOS. I have seen this issue in the past as well (other scripts that use the same methods).
By "in the past", do you mean that you used to see this issue, but don't any more? If so, could you please let me know what changed in your DAW? (Which version of macOS did you use before, and was it 32 or 64 bit?)
Old 01-09-2020, 11:51 PM   #57
Joe90

Default Multitool for envelope editing?

Hi Julian.

I know I've posted about this here before, so this is the last time I'll mention it I promise...

Is there ANY chance you'd consider creating a multitool for envelope editing in the main window? I'm not imagining any multi-envelope editing madness, just the ability to select an envelope track and then select the points you want to edit with the multitool, and then editing those points with the same awesome functionality as the midi multitool.

I'm sure it's not as simple as just porting the code over from the midi version, but this one script would make such a HUGE difference to Reapers envelope editing capability. Every time I use the multitool in the midi editor then go back to envelope editing it feels so clunky in comparison. There's so many little things I want to do but can't.

Perhaps Reaper's scripting capabilities just don't allow this kind of script yet, but I'm hoping that's not the case, and that you'll maybe consider having a crack at it.

Thanks!
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:02 AM   #58
myfeltgood

Quote:
Can you please tell which OS and what kind of display you are on?
I'm on Sierra 10.12.6 with just a 1920x1080 monitor.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:13 AM   #59
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Perhaps Reaper's scripting capabilities just don't allow this kind of script yet, but I'm hoping that's not the case, and that you'll maybe consider having a crack at it.
It would actually be pretty straightforward to adapt the Multi Tool for envelopes in the arrange window. REAPER's scripting capabilities are sufficient, and the interface and algorithms of the existing script can easily be adapted to envelopes. However, it would still take a lot of time, so I can't promise anything for the near future.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:05 AM   #60
Joe90

Quote:
It would actually be pretty straightforward to adapt the Multi Tool for envelopes in the arrange window. REAPER's scripting capabilities are sufficient, and the interface and algorithms of the existing script can easily be adapted to envelopes. However, it would still take a lot of time, so I can't promise anything for the near future.
I'm pleased to hear it's possible. It's a shame it would be so time intensive, but I expected as much. Totally understand if you don't get round to it, but my fingers are crossed that you decide to do it at some point. I would be eternally grateful, as would many others I expect.

Hopefully Sexan can get tilt and compress/expand vertically working smoothly for envelope editing in his area selection script, as that would solve a fair few of the issues that an envelope multitool would solve anyway.

The combination of the two would be killer - I'm dreaming of a wonderful Reaper future where we can area select part of an envelope (or even multiple envelope area selections), hit a shortcut for the multitool, and just start editing all the area selections at once.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:03 AM   #61
juliansader

Regarding the opaque blocks on macOS:

The good news is that Justin has found the source of the problem: REAPER has not yet implemented alpha blending for WDL/swell on newer OSX systems that use Apple's Metal graphics API.

The bad news is that it may be difficult to implement, so I'm not sure when it will be fixed. Anyone interested may track the progress in the bug report thread: WDL/swell on OSX: BitBlt and StretchBlt: SRCCOPY_USEALPHACHAN not working.

Last edited by juliansader; 01-10-2020 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:05 PM   #62
_Stevie_

Quote:
By "in the past", do you mean that you used to see this issue, but don't any more? If so, could you please let me know what changed in your DAW? (Which version of macOS did you use before, and was it 32 or 64 bit?)
I'm referring to this post here:
https://forums.cockos.com/showpost.p...&postcount=685

Thonex had issues as well, I think. No, unfortunately I couldn't solve it.

EDIT: eek, just saw your post about metal. That explains it...
Old 01-10-2020, 07:52 PM   #63
myfeltgood

Quote:

The good news is that Justin has found the source of the problem: REAPER has not yet implemented alpha blending for WDL/swell on newer OSX systems that use Apple's Metal graphics API.

The bad news is that it may be difficult to implement, so I'm not sure when it will be fixed. Anyone interested may track the progress in the bug report thread: WDL/swell on OSX: BitBlt and StretchBlt: SRCCOPY_USEALPHACHAN not working.
Thanks for the info.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:23 AM   #64
tmmmmm

Quote:

Same "bug" on my mac os 10.4-system. Setting "Display Updates" in the "Advanced UI/system tweaks..."-Settings to "Force Classic" fixes it for now - not sure of all downsides of that, though.
tmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:39 PM   #65
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmmmm View Post
Same "bug" on my mac os 10.4-system. Setting "Display Updates" in the "Advanced UI/system tweaks..."-Settings to "Force Classic" fixes it for now - not sure of all downsides of that, though.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 01-27-2020, 11:26 PM   #66
myfeltgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmmmm View Post
Thanks.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:29 PM   #67
dangguidan

Default About script: error prompt of Multi Tool!

I share the script to others through software configuration, and receive the following prompt:
Could not load the cursorHandTop cursor!
It can't be used normally.
dangguidan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:21 AM   #68
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangguidan View Post
I share the script to others through software configuration, and receive the following prompt:
Could not load the cursorHandTop cursor!
It can't be used normally.
The script requires a few cursor files, which are usually installed automatically by ReaPack. If you wish to install the script manually, please download these files from the github repository, and save them in the same folder as the script file:
js_Mouse editing - Scale bottom.cur
js_Mouse editing - Scale top.cur
js_Mouse editing - Multi compress.cur
js_Mouse editing - Undo.cur
js_Mouse editing - Redo.cur
Old 02-03-2020, 05:39 AM   #69
dangguidan

I found the problem. I installed the portable version of reaper with Chinese characters in the path. Now it's settled, thank you!
Old 02-08-2020, 03:11 PM   #70
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangguidan View Post
I found the problem. I installed the portable version of reaper with Chinese characters in the path.
Thanks for letting me know of the problem. I updated the js_ReaScriptAPI extension to v0.999, and the cursors should now load from paths with Chinese characters. Please let me know if it works OK.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:56 AM   #71
dangguidan

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know of the problem. I updated the js_ReaScriptAPI extension to v0.999, and the cursors should now load from paths with Chinese characters. Please let me know if it works OK.
I have tested it, no problem at all, thank you!
Old 02-11-2020, 07:54 AM   #72
todd_r

Hi,

I'm getting an issue where the play cursor breaks up the GUI, not sure if its a known issue...

Win 10
Reaper 6.03 x64
Multitool Version: 5.12
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (24.0 KB, 1189 views)
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:27 PM   #73
juliansader

Everyone that is interested in these scripts should please encourage Justin to fix the macOS bug that is preventing scripts from drawing inside REAPER windows.

If the scripts can't work on modern Macs, there is little incentive to improve the scripts or adapt them to the inline editor, automation lanes, etc.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:33 PM   #74
daniellumertz

Is an way/workaround to make the script edit multiple midi Itens ?
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:47 AM   #75
juliansader

Not yet.

It would be possible to adapt the script to work with multiple items, but unfortunately scripts only know which item is active in a particular MIDI editor, not which items are editable. I have requested this more than FOUR years ago already, but the devs have taken no notice. (Please give a +1 in that FR thread.)

One case in which scripts can know which items are editable, is when 1) only one MIDI editor per project is used, and 2) editability and visibility follow item selection. In this case, editable items correspond to selected items, which scripts can find.

I have almost finished adapting the script to work with multiple items in this case, but I've lost interest since the script won't work properly on Macs at the moment.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:17 AM   #76
daniellumertz

Thx for the reply. Use your script every day! ( Windows here ) I read about the issue you are having in mac. :/ Hope it fix soon. And also they implement for using in multiple midi itens.
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:00 AM   #77
juliansader

For some reason, ReaPack hasn't correctly displayed the changelog of this month's updates to the Multi Tool, so I'm posting the most relevant ones here:
+ Customization: Zone size can be set via right-click context menu (useful for hi-res displays).
+ New mode: Move without stretching (toggle with right-click while stretching).
+ New mode: 2-sided warp (toggle with right-click while warping).
+ All editable takes can be edited together (if editability follows item selection).
+ Works in inline editor (and automatically installs in inline editor section).
Old 04-29-2020, 05:29 AM   #78
_Stevie_

Quote:
For some reason, ReaPack hasn't correctly displayed the changelog of this month's updates to the Multi Tool, so I'm posting the most relevant ones here:
+ Customization: Zone size can be set via right-click context menu (useful for hi-res displays).
+ New mode: Move without stretching (toggle with right-click while stretching).
+ New mode: 2-sided warp (toggle with right-click while warping).
+ All editable takes can be edited together (if editability follows item selection).
+ Works in inline editor (and automatically installs in inline editor section).
This is terrific, thank you so much once again for these updates. Was already wondering what’s new.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:42 AM   #79
DANIELE

I cannot make to work correctly arch and tilt and multi tool scripts.

It is keep saying me that there are not enough event selected.

The slice tool seems to work well if I use it as a mouse modifier (shift + left click) but it brings me the edit cursor where I click every time and this is annoying, I'm looking at your gifs and this is not happening there.
If I try to arm the script from the toolbar it is not working at all I was able to make it works only two times by doing a very slow double click but I'm not sure. Maybe it is due to the extreme sensitivity you talk about in the description.

I must say I changed some default behavior and for me 1 click = insert note, so maybe this is the cause.

Do you think I'm doing something wrong or do your scripts work only with default mouse behavior?

Thank you for you useful scripts anyway.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:00 AM   #80
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIELE View Post
I cannot make to work correctly arch and tilt and multi tool scripts. It is keep saying me that there are not enough event selected.
Are you sure there are selected events in the lane under the mouse?

Quote:
The slice tool seems to work well if I use it as a mouse modifier (shift + left click) but it brings me the edit cursor where I click every time and this is annoying, I'm looking at your gifs and this is not happening there.
I think this is an artefact of REAPER's mouse modifiers, which are known to passthrough clicks to some hard-coded default behavior. The edit cursor also moves if you left-click after arming an Action by right-clicking on the toolbar button, no matter what the armed Action is. This is surely a bug (since left-clicking should *only* perform the armed Action, and nothing else) and I have reported it long ago.

I prefer using keyboard (or mousewheel) shortcuts. Keyboard shortcuts such as "Alt+S" are easier to remember than mouse modifier combinations.

Quote:
If I try to arm the script from the toolbar it is not working at all I was able to make it works only two times by doing a very slow double click but I'm not sure. Maybe it is due to the extreme sensitivity you talk about in the description.
Are you using REAPER's native right-click arming, or the scripts' custom left-click arming?