Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 11-28-2023, 04:48 AM   #1
erikmartinez
Human being with feelings

Default [UPD SCRIPT] MIni FX List(multi-freeze fx, custom sidechain, transfer, replace, etc.)

Hello everyone! Since the script is still in a raw state, I decided to share it with you so that you can test it and help improve it. In the future, I will create a side panel with FX that will have similar functionality to what one context with one chain has now, and the side panel will resemble MFX List by Fabian or a similar panel by BryanChi. For now, let's focus on the test version of Mini FX List. Everything beyond the plugin divider is experimental, as I'm still thinking about implementing routing inside the plugin (sending = input pins, for example, 3/4 = sidechain L 3, sidechain R 3). I previously created something like a simple window here.
I made this script for myself, but if someone likes it, you can suggest your ideas as well

Let's go over it briefly:
The script window displays FX for the track under the cursor or the selected track, or, in the worst case, the last touched track. It also adapts to the track's height and width, considering all variations, opening along the borders of the necessary track, and also taking into account any offset if there's a left docker:

The plugin cell expands if there are few plugins in the track, allowing easy access to a single plugin in the track (yes, you can use "Options: Show FX inserts in TCP (when size permits)" for this purpose). Otherwise, if the track is small and there are many FX, it expands the track's height and returns to the original size when finished, without changing it:

I put a lot of effort into making the hotkeys work through the script window, and now you can close it by pressing your hotkey again (preventing the creation of new instances) before closing. In the future, I'll make it possible to disable/enable auto-closing. Currently, the script closes if the height or width changes or if anything affects the visible track height:

There's also a test second panel where you can see the possibility of creating an individual sidechain for a specific FX, avoiding other unrelated chains (if desired). You can move it by clicking and dragging. Here, you can send tracks directly to the active "cur" button (check out my quick sidechain script to understand the logic):

To do this, you can hold the left mouse button + Ctrl and drag the routing button from the track into the script window (similar to creating regular sends). You can also select multiple tracks and drag from any selected one to the current plugin line. Hovering over "curc" lets you select the current pins and create a similar send, create a new free channel and set free pins, or click "save" to send to a new free channel while preserving input pins and adding a new pair (see quick sidechain). You can use hotkeys to:

LMB - open/close the fx window
Shift+LMB - toggle bypass (or RMB on the green off icon)
Ctrl+Shift+LMB - toggle offline (or LMB on the green off icon)
Alt+LMB - delete fx
LMB+drag - allows dragging fx within the chain or;
Hovering + Shift + mousewheel - move the current fx up/down like FL, simultaneously with the cursor
• Similarly, Ctrl + mousewheel - moves only the cursor along the height of the plugins

Mousewheel over a knob - change wet (Ctrl reduces the step)
LMB + drag on a knob - also changes wet (Ctrl reduces the step)
Double-click on a knob - toggle 0%/100% setting
Similarly, Alt+LMB on a knob - toggle 0%/100%

Ctrl+drag - allows copying fx to the desired track upon release
Shift+drag - allows fully moving the current fx to the necessary track

Ctrl+drag from the routing button into the script window over "curr" - makes other buttons available, release to send.

LMB on the vertical separator - toggle hide/show for overall stack visibility.

In the near future, I plan to:
Create regular sends from selected tracks and drag them into the script window (standard sends)
Volume indication of the sent track to the plugin on the free channel line. Clicking the indicator will display a slider for adjusting the send volume and other settings, as well as making the sent track visible.
Highlight "favorite" plugins.
Separate clap, js, vst, vsti/vsti3, vst3 with colors (needs more thought)
Multiple FX options, for example, if you need to test multiple versions of the same FX between three in your stack (a/b for FX).
FX replacement.
Mini FX browser.
Freeze with the first N FX or the last N FX for the track.
Customization options: colors, opening under the cursor or according to track size as it currently does (or on the side, below, or above the track), one session but for each selected track, changing hotkeys, and more.

Install
1. Install js_ReaScriptAPI extension.
2. Import THIS repository via reapack.
3. Install MVarious and then Mini Fx List in the reapack
4. Done!

Last edited by erikmartinez; 12-05-2023 at 11:10 PM.
erikmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 09:14 AM   #2
tonalstates

I tried your script but get a ReaScript error message

"cannot open /Users/Alejandro/Library/Application Support/REAPER/Scripts/ReaperScripts/Tracks/../libs/Functions.lua: No such file or directory"
tonalstates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 09:38 AM   #3
erikmartinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonalstates View Post
I tried your script but get a ReaScript error message

"cannot open /Users/Alejandro/Library/Application Support/REAPER/Scripts/ReaperScripts/Tracks/../libs/Functions.lua: No such file or directory"
Do you have Mvarious installed?
Old 11-28-2023, 10:03 AM   #4
tonalstates

I have reapack setup so if I add a repository it just installs everything in it automatically when syncing. So I checked and yeah, the issue is there but I don't know why.

This is what I get when I try to install it.

Old 11-28-2023, 10:26 AM   #5
erikmartinez

Quote:
I have reapack setup so if I add a repository it just installs everything in it automatically when syncing. So I checked and yeah, the issue is there but I don't know why.

This is what I get when I try to install it.

I would recommend completely deleting my repository with all the scripts and importing it again. Perhaps the problem lies in different versions, a problem similar to yours was solved in the same way
Old 12-04-2023, 03:08 AM   #6
erikmartinez

Default Update 1.0beta1.039

Please update MVarious to version 1.27 and MINI fx list to 1.0...039

Hey everyone, two updates have been released. I missed them in posting, but I think now is the best time to do it. New:
1. Improved behavior of transferring a send from track (ctrl+drag lbm) to create a send pseudo sidechain in the plugin:

2. View frozen plugins through a nice side menu that will toggle the block with the send and the block with the frozen fx

3. Freeze only necessary plugins putting them in a newer level:

In the next update, I want to change the visualization logic of frozen fx so that they take into account their own freeze level. For example, if you freeze the first fx first, then after a time 2 more fx in the same track, and after that one more time. Then you can not only see the depth (level) of freezing, but you can also "roll back" to a certain level and plugin, for example roll back only to level 2 without unfreezing VSTI, and then freeze again. The functions are already ready, the only thing left is to figure out how to make it visually beautiful. Also forgot to mention that so far freezing works only in stereo, in the next update I will add a choice (mono, stereo, multichannel).

And you can also add a Full Unfreeze of all levels in case such a thing is needed.

Last edited by erikmartinez; 12-04-2023 at 03:16 AM.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:11 AM   #7
reapero

Man, you are killing it! Awesome job!

For now I´ll wait until you can dock it on the left but it looks really gorgeous! Thanks for your contributions!
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 04:44 AM   #8
erikmartinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapero View Post
Man, you are killing it! Awesome job!

For now I´ll wait until you can dock it on the left but it looks really gorgeous! Thanks for your contributions!
Thank you! Do you mean when it becomes part of the fx side docker panel?

If so, I've almost got the track elevation collection and its visible part realized, but there are some problems and questions with which I'll run to Fabian for answers
Old 12-04-2023, 08:03 AM   #9
reapero

Yeah this

The letters and overall slot size are too small on my screen, and sometimes i miss clicking on the plugins for example. But other than that, Fabian script works astonishingly good!
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 02:35 AM   #10
Hipox

Hey Erik!

I just tested your script and either I'm doing something wrong or maybe my screen resolution is not a good fit with your current version of a script?

Here's what happens when I try to drag and drop sidechain to a plugin:
Hipox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 04:39 AM   #11
erikmartinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipox View Post
Hey Erik!

I just tested your script and either I'm doing something wrong or maybe my screen resolution is not a good fit with your current version of a script?

Here's what happens when I try to drag and drop sidechain to a plugin:
Hey! Tell me, do you press ctrl beforehand when you're going to send from the track to the script window?
Old 12-05-2023, 09:45 AM   #12
Hipox

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikmartinez View Post
Hey! Tell me, do you press ctrl beforehand when you're going to send from the track to the script window?
My bad! Works as expected when using ctrl while dragging the routing from a OTHER track. Thanks!
Hipox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 12:54 AM   #13
fmL

what is the dark theme you are using?
Old 12-08-2023, 06:57 AM   #14
erikmartinez

Default update 1.041

-- @version 1.0beta1.041

Hello everyone, I released an update. unfortunately I can't make a video or gif, so just try this and let me know it works at least

Due to power outages, my old PC burned out, so now I'm working on an old laptop

changelog:
-- * Added the ability to rename fx by clicking the middle mouse button. After entering the fx name, press enter to accept or escape to cancel.
-- * Added animation when attempting to create a send.
-- * Added window expansion when creating a send.
-- * Added a refresh button.
-- * Improved freeze creation through right-click.
-- * Added functionality for level-based unfreeze: freeze the desired amount of fx, unfreeze different levels of freezes.
-- * Added side panel animation (requires refinement).
-- * For frozen buttons, added level highlighting of the current fx when hovering to the right of the button.
-- * Inside this panel, when hovering over a certain level, the entire group of the current level is outlined.
-- * Right-click on the level button (requires refinement) selects several groups of freeze levels and sublevels; the button changes from freeze to unfreeze in the upper right corner - all selected fx will be unfrozen.
-- * Added a "refresh" button in the right side panel in case something somewhere hangs (it's better to report this, thank you ).
-- * Small error refinements.
Old 12-08-2023, 08:05 AM   #15
Rodulf

Looks like a great idea, a badly needed function, but I'm having the same issue: will not run the script. I do hope you can get this functioning.
Rodulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 08:42 AM   #16
erikmartinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodulf View Post
Looks like a great idea, a badly needed function, but I'm having the same issue: will not run the script. I do hope you can get this functioning.
Tell me, do you have Mvarious installed (a required dependency from the same repository), what error do you get and what do you do before starting?
Old 12-08-2023, 09:17 AM   #17
Rodulf

I'll get back to you...
Old 12-08-2023, 09:20 AM   #18
Rodulf

OK, looks to be working, now. Will try it out!
Old 12-08-2023, 09:44 AM   #19
erikmartinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodulf View Post
OK, looks to be working, now. Will try it out!
Great! Tomorrow I’ll make a GIF that will show how to use it (I think looking at the previous GIFs everything will be clear). And maybe I'll release a small update
Old 12-08-2023, 10:36 AM   #20
tonalstates

I got the script to work but now this happens where the script appears over the tracks and gos up as I go down in track count until it just doesn't show up, any idea why?

im on mac os mojave on latest reaper version
Old 12-08-2023, 10:50 AM   #21
erikmartinez

Quote:
I got the script to work but now this happens where the script appears over the tracks and gos up as I go down in track count until it just doesn't show up, any idea why?

im on mac os mojave on latest reaper version
Hmm... quite a strange phenomenon. Do you have the JS API reaper installed, which is listed in the main post? I'll try to ask someone for a poppy for testing. Let me know about the js api!
Old 12-08-2023, 02:44 PM   #22
tonalstates

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikmartinez View Post
Hmm... quite a strange phenomenon. Do you have the JS API reaper installed, which is listed in the main post?
Quite strange indeed haha and yeah, I do have the JS Api stuff installed for a while now. Hope something shows up. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2024, 04:33 PM   #23
robd67

Quote:

@tonalstates

what's the name of this Reaper theme?
robd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 04:54 PM   #24
tonalstates

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd67 View Post
@tonalstates

what's the name of this Reaper theme?
It's this one just tweaked a bit to change envelope colors, default track colors and such, pretty nice one imo, been using it for a year or so.

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2761/M...ReaperThemeZip
Old 01-14-2024, 07:06 AM   #25
robd67

Quote:
It's this one just tweaked a bit to change envelope colors, default track colors and such, pretty nice one imo, been using it for a year or so.

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2761/M...ReaperThemeZip
Thanks tonalstates

Can you tell me how to change the colors of the music notation view?
Having anything different than black staff\notes over a white background is a show stopper for me.
robd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 02:10 PM   #26
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapero View Post
The letters and overall slot size are too small on my screen, and sometimes i miss clicking on the plugins for example. But other than that, Fabian script works astonishingly good!
You know that you can change the font and its size, right? You can do it either by a preset, or editing the MFXlist script directly.
Code:
MFXlist.FONT_NAME1 = "Arial"
MFXlist.FONT_HEADSIZE = 16
MFXlist.FONT_NAME2 = "Courier New"
MFXlist.FONT_SIZE1 = 14
MFXlist.FONT_SIZE2 = 16
MFXlist.SLOT_HEIGHT = 13 -- pixels high
Old 04-13-2024, 05:16 AM   #27
Digitt

[QUOTE=erikmartinez;2739708]

sorry for this being unrelated, but what theme is this?
Digitt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 02:35 PM   #28
Touristkiller

Looks like IlogicV3 (Blankfiles?)
Touristkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 03:20 AM   #29
Digitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touristkiller View Post
Looks like IlogicV3 (Blankfiles?)
they're close but not the same. the knob in IlogicV3 is endless where this one has a gap at the bottom
Digitt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 05:11 AM   #30
Touristkiller

you are absolutely right...... v2 does have a gap at the bottom. Flogic looks similar to. In any case it's a Logic clone...hahaha.

@erikmartinez.... handy script. thanx👍
Touristkiller is online now   Reply With Quote