Old 10-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
AdamWathan
Human being with feelings

Default Can you use yellow lines on volume fader thumbs?

Anyone know and have an example...? Trying to do some serious hacking here, haha...
AdamWathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

No - fader thumbs are special; they use pink lines that behave a bit like yellow lines. Implementation from loooong ago

The faders don't stretch, ever, you always get a 1:1 pixel relationship. Then you just define which bit (on the axis of travel) is the actual fader, the remaining area being shadow or whatever. You mark this remaining area with pink lines on one axis only, and on the same side as each other. See working faders for examples.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
AdamWathan
Human being with feelings

My experiment has failed unfortunately since Reaper uses the center of the vol thumb image to define where the fader is against the fader background, rather than the part you define between the pink lines

I was hoping to make a fader where the actual fader was just a small vertical strip of a solid color, and there was a big trailing block behind it of the same color, then use the z-order stuff to place some clever overlay from another element on top of it when you get past the end of the fader background so it would look like you were "filling up" the fader lane, so the left side was whatever this solid color is and the right side would be the regular fader background....

Worth a try I suppose, oh well.
AdamWathan is offline   Reply With Quote