Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 07-05-2022, 08:27 PM   #1
sayar
Human being with feelings

Default How to edit only one take in a loop recording?

Hello,
I have done some loop recording with multiple takes. It seems when I try to split/cut/copy... a section of only one of the takes, it does it for all the takes together.
For example, I need to copy one section of take #3, and paste it on take #4 at a specific location.
Is there a way to edit only one take and not all takes together?
Thank you
sayar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:55 PM   #2
Philbo King

Hit Cntrl-L to hide the stuff you don't want to see.

Or look for an action that says something like 'copy active take'.
Old 07-09-2022, 06:00 AM   #3
JonLinnarson

You can try enabling Track>Free item positioning.

It's easiest if you set the track to this before you record all the takes (because Reaper will then auto-size all the takes to fit), but you can set free item positioning afterwards and then right-click on the item with all the takes and select Takes>Explode all takes (in place). You probably will have to resize the items to not overlap so you can see what you are doing, but it's easily done by grabbing the small boxes at the bottom center in every item.

When all of your takes are exploded to separate items on the track you can edit them individually without affecting the other takes/items.

*I'm selecting 'Explode all takes (in place)' outside of the frame

Last edited by JonLinnarson; 07-09-2022 at 06:10 AM.
JonLinnarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 11:20 AM   #4
serr

If you click-drag the item edge on one of the loop iterations, you will find the audio is continuous and you can drag back into the previous loop (and keep going for the one before that and the one before that) or forward. Until the beginning of the first loop or the end of the last loop. The audio recording is continuous. It loops into separate items in the loop time selection. You can edit any of the individual items as you wish without affecting the source audio or the other loop iteration items.

That's with: Options > new recordings that overlap existing items create new items in new lanes. The "lane" mode vs the comp "take" mode, that is.
I have no idea what kind of clusterfuck would ensue if you tried loop recording in take mode!
I do know that the action "explode takes to items" will put the multi-take (multi-stream) audio item into separate single items.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote