Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 03-22-2020, 02:30 PM   #1
JeffreyET
Human being with feelings

Default 1 second pause inserted regardless of settings!!!

I am mastering on a win7 laptop because it has a CD burner. Trials 1-3 did not have a pause. trials 4-6 did (and the last 2 were run exclusively to try to eliminate it)
At NO POINT was the pause between tracks option ever checked, and tracks have had the exact same # markers throughout the whole process. I have unchecked everything that has anything remotely to do with adding time (tail, lead in, use only # markers). The only thing I haven't done is reboot my system.
Anybody have any idea why Reaper would just start inserting 1 sec pauses between tracks - with annoying clicks to boot?
Old 03-22-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
JeffreyET

So... I re-booted, and the render dialog box returned to default settings which worked correctly a few days ago. This time however the dirty pauses continue to be inserted - VERY frustrating!
Same discs, same tracks (with re-rendered mixes only), same markers, same render settings, same computer, same Reaper install - so WTF has changed?
Am I going to have to settle for a sub-optimal mix just because Reaper can't render anything new?
Old 03-22-2020, 04:06 PM   #3
SonicAxiom

I'd try to burn the project from a new, portable Reaper install of the latest release. If that doesn't help I'd try an older version (also portable).

Old 03-22-2020, 04:12 PM   #4
JeffreyET

But it initially worked right, with the very same install, computer, discs, project and settings... thanks for the suggestion though
Old 03-22-2020, 04:19 PM   #5
SonicAxiom

settings files may have gotten corrupt in the meantime whoever knows how. It's bad luck but it can happen. Testing it with a clean, portable install will reveal if a corrupt setting or ini file is the culprit. You can simply delete the portable install folder after having found the source of the issue.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:41 PM   #6
JeffreyET

OK I will try that. I have heard endlessly about the portable install capability but have never tried it. It is not in the reaper user guide index or in the install chapter, and the download area has no portable option. Forgive my impatience, but how do I do that? Is it in the preferences menu?