Old 03-21-2021, 10:28 AM   #1
BillyG
Human being with feelings

Default Ample Guitar Help Needed

I am attempting to use Ample Guitar M Lite v2.3.1. In the Strummer you can create a pattern, select a chord, and then drag the midi to your DAW. However, I just learned from the Ample folks that the "drag to host" function, in the Lite version, does not include the chord change information in the midi - just the strum pattern. You have to enter that info (keyswitch) manually.

I downloaded a 7-day trial version of the full Ample Guitar M and here's what I've discovered.

If I create a pattern and assign a chord and drag to host in the full trial version - it plays fine with both the Full and Lite plugins. If I create the exact same thing in the Lite plugin and drag to host - and then write in the keyswitch (the same as seen in the Trial version's midi) I get a metallic sound from the guitar plugin in place of whatever I have selected for the downbeat (first of the 16 articulation blocks). The chords will change but every change command (keyswitch) that I draw in creates this metallic sound first.

Can anyone help me?

I am using Reaper on a Mac.

Thanks!
BillyG is offline   Reply With Quote