Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-24-2020, 10:53 AM   #1
ajsrubas
Human being with feelings

Default control surface with Reaper and Presonus Studio 192

Hello,
I am a self taught newb and am figuring out stuff as I go. I am recording acoustic instruments with mics ( Occasionally a mic'd cab) but no MIDI no software instruments, no drum tracks etc. usually using about 4 to 8 of my inputs.

I am using Reaper and a Presonus Studio 192 with Presonus Universal Control software. I have the monitoring turned off in Reaper so that when recording, I am using UC and when I am mixing or doing any play back, it's through Reaper, or at least I think this is what is happening. I am open to this changing or being different.

I hate using the UC to set levels and mixes on screen. And I am not crazy about using my mouse and the virtual controls of the the software when mixing in reaper.

Is there a good compatible control surface that could make my life easier? I am not sure how they work or how they are hooked up. I also read that maybe my setup with Reaper and the Studio 192 is great together or with a control surface. I am not open to buy a different interface and I kind of like reaper so I would prefer to keep that too but.... I feel like real life faders and knobs would suit me better than mousing.

Thank you all for any input you might offer!

AJ
ajsrubas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:44 AM   #2
ajsrubas
Human being with feelings

Should I post this q somewhere else? Not getting any traction.
ajsrubas is offline   Reply With Quote