Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 01-24-2017, 05:23 AM   #1
arne64
Human being with feelings

Default Bluescreen (BSOD) when launching Reaper w/ Focusrite 18i8 Scarlett

Hi

I don't know if this is caused by Reaper itself, or if something is wrong with Focusrite ASIO driver. But, if I open a standalone Adictive keys Grand Piano all is stable. I notice that if I do not connect Focusrite USB before starting Reaper, then it does not crash, but of course, warns about ASIO device not ready. And, it does not crash every time, but approx 4 out of 5. Sometimes it seemed to help starting the Focusrite Control panel first, but it is not alwasy the case.
Platform: Windows 10, Lenovo, i7, 8GB RAM, SSD

/Arne
arne64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:50 AM   #2
MikComposer

I had that on my older win 7 machine with 8i6 model. I've contacted Focusrite, sent them crashlogs and they've fixed that in back then recent update. On my win 10 laptop I have no issues. And btw, this is related to memory leak i think. Do you have latest drivers and mix console installed?
Old 01-24-2017, 10:10 AM   #3
arne64

Hi,
thanks for replying. Yes, both Reaper and Focusrite driver is up to date. I've been playing some weeks with Reaper and my old Zoom H4n as audio interface with no issues, then I pulled the trigger and decided for Reaper purchase and also went to shop and purchased the 18i8 last week. First couple of days I did not see this problem, then, when digging into the issues of controlling the latency this BSOD started to show. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the Focusrite with no other success ratio. How do I save a crash log? Should I contact Focusrite, not Reaper?
/Arne
Old 02-09-2017, 06:56 AM   #4
arne64

Default SOLVED (possibly)

Just want to report that for approx. 10 days now there has been no additional BSOD events. Perhaps a Lenovo NVidia driver update that was run automatically solved the issue? I cannot tell. Hopefully, the issue will not return. I have in the meantime also updated to the latest Reaper version, that came after the BSOD events.