Old 11-05-2018, 02:49 AM   #361
Steffe1973
Human being with feelings

I can definetly pay!! Is it possible to get a "gang" together and pay him??
Old 11-05-2018, 04:07 AM   #362
doppelganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
I think it's just called default and is not downloadable from the stash and is just in the app. I could be wrong.
i guess you're right, but i could be wrong
doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:35 PM   #363
dub tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffe1973 View Post
I can definetly pay!! Is it possible to get a "gang" together and pay him??
That gang already exists, and is called Cockos.
dub tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:23 AM   #364
Xaos

Quote:
Let me know what you find. My understanding is that is is just a beta and was never finished. I only use the TCP also so the mixer doesn't matter to me. I just need a nice TCP that is finished. I'm fine with reapers default theme. The lack of communication is the real disappointment.
The TCP is the least usable part of the beta. Several of the Mixer panels he posted aren't in the beta, either. What's there is beautiful, but it is a beta. I ended up switching back to my custom mod of FoldersImperialWT because I didn't have time to go in and replace the TCP resources in the beta with the stuff from the old theme. I'm still new to theming, and I had a lot of custom colors, graphics, etc. set up around FoldersImperialWT. It's probably a pretty simple thing to bring in the resources from the beta and change the relevant entries in the .ReaperTheme file, but it's a slow process for me because I'm learning everything as I go, and I just have too many things I've got to get done to play with it. Especially since anything I do will only be of use to me because he doesn't want anyone sharing mods.

As for the people that are complaining about this taking a long time and WT not communicating about it, I think it would be good to remember that he's doing this all for free and probably in his spare time. He doesn't even have a Patreon that I know of, which is kind of a shame because I'm sure that if he did, he'd have a lot of people willing to contribute to the development of this theme.

It would take a lot of money, though, to get it developed if the idea was to get him to take time off of work. I don't know about the market today, but when I was doing that kind of design and Photoshop work, I was making between $100 and $300 and hour. A theme like this takes a LOT of time to develop. I know the market for PS skills doesn't pay what it once did, since it practically does everything for you now and kids grow up using it, but I'm sure that a guy with his intelligence, skills, and aesthetic sense is probably used to making quite a bit of money and is in high demand. We should be grateful that he's done what he has. Please remember he's under no obligation to make your UI look how you think it should. The great thing about REAPER is that you're free to do that yourself if you want.

We can all hope that the silence on this issue is an indicator that he's working with Cockos on doing an official facelift of REAPER, since the UI is the only thing that is inferior to other DAWs. (Well, ARA, support for the Melodyne users is probably big, too, but I'm out of that loop. I'm old school. Robert Plant, Ann Wilson, Etta James, Bonnie Raitt, Aretha Franklin, BB King, Sting, Ronnie James Dio, Janis Joplin, and a giant list of legends never needed it, and I think if we ever want to see real talent start coming back, we out to toss Melodyne in the scrap heap. Please, for the sake of music, boycott Melodyne!)
Old 11-12-2018, 06:11 AM   #365
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos View Post
The TCP is the least usable part of the beta. Several of the Mixer panels he posted aren't in the beta, either. What's there is beautiful, but it is a beta. I ended up switching back to my custom mod of FoldersImperialWT because I didn't have time to go in and replace the TCP resources in the beta with the stuff from the old theme. I'm still new to theming, and I had a lot of custom colors, graphics, etc. set up around FoldersImperialWT. It's probably a pretty simple thing to bring in the resources from the beta and change the relevant entries in the .ReaperTheme file, but it's a slow process for me because I'm learning everything as I go, and I just have too many things I've got to get done to play with it. Especially since anything I do will only be of use to me because he doesn't want anyone sharing mods.

You make a ton of assumptions.

As for the people that are complaining about this taking a long time and WT not communicating about it, I think it would be good to remember that he's doing this all for free and probably in his spare time. He doesn't even have a Patreon that I know of, which is kind of a shame because I'm sure that if he did, he'd have a lot of people willing to contribute to the development of this theme.

It would take a lot of money, though, to get it developed if the idea was to get him to take time off of work. I don't know about the market today, but when I was doing that kind of design and Photoshop work, I was making between $100 and $300 and hour. A theme like this takes a LOT of time to develop. I know the market for PS skills doesn't pay what it once did, since it practically does everything for you now and kids grow up using it, but I'm sure that a guy with his intelligence, skills, and aesthetic sense is probably used to making quite a bit of money and is in high demand. We should be grateful that he's done what he has. Please remember he's under no obligation to make your UI look how you think it should. The great thing about REAPER is that you're free to do that yourself if you want.

We can all hope that the silence on this issue is an indicator that he's working with Cockos on doing an official facelift of REAPER, since the UI is the only thing that is inferior to other DAWs. (Well, ARA, support for the Melodyne users is probably big, too, but I'm out of that loop. I'm old school. Robert Plant, Ann Wilson, Etta James, Bonnie Raitt, Aretha Franklin, BB King, Sting, Ronnie James Dio, Janis Joplin, and a giant list of legends never needed it, and I think if we ever want to see real talent start coming back, we out to toss Melodyne in the scrap heap. Please, for the sake of music, boycott Melodyne!)
I take exception with the "because it's free, you don't have to communicate". Adults communicate period. I don't care if the immensely talented White Tie says he's never finishing it or it might be years before he finishes it but adults communicate.

This really points to the bigger issue of the theme being so difficult for normal people to modify too. Also, there is nothing wrong with Melodyne. It's another tool. Don't blame a craftsman who can use a nail gun and build the same house 10 times faster than someone using a hammer.

Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM   #366
dub tree

Quote:
I take exception with the "because it's free, you don't have to communicate". Adults communicate period. I don't care if the immensely talented White Tie says he's never finishing it or it might be years before he finishes it but adults communicate.
Wow, I bet White Tie finds this sort of attitude really compelling.

Because someone doesn't treat you the way you want, you imply that they aren't an "adult."

Look up at the sky. Some irony just flew way over your head.

Last edited by dub tree; Yesterday at 10:30 AM.
dub tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #367
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub tree View Post
Wow, I bet White Tie finds this sort of attitude really compelling.

Because someone doesn't treat you the way you want, you imply that they aren't an "adult."

Look up at the sky. Some irony just flew way over your head.
Apparently adults are different where you live and lack the communication gene. I'm so happy to associate in my daily life with people who do know how to communicate. Sure makes life a hell of a lot easier.

If he treated me the way I wanted then the theme would be done. I do not have any expectations of the theme being done, I only mentioned that communication would be the adult thing to do. At least that's how we do it around these here parts.
Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM   #368
xpander

WT already communicated clear enought in the OP what this progress snapshot is all about. If you want to discuss about the details of included WALTER, which was a big point of releasing this beta, I'm sure somebody, maybe even WT himself can address that.

But how you can even think you are in a position to demand constant reports puzzles me. Ironically it's also you who draws the adult card, yet what you are posting here is just the backseat choir of 'are we there yet'. C'mon Coachz, you can do better.
xpander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM   #369
Bri1

hi tit wee !
lol-communication is key to greater knowledge.
the work is already done on 1 level-but on another,it is yet to fully manifest!
wt imperial v5 for the worldwidewin.
good sense of humour=priceless.
ΩΨ
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM   #370
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
WT already communicated clear enought in the OP what this progress snapshot is all about. If you want to discuss about the details of included WALTER, which was a big point of releasing this beta, I'm sure somebody, maybe even WT himself can address that.

But how you can even think you are in a position to demand constant reports puzzles me. Ironically it's also you who draws the adult card, yet what you are posting here is just the backseat choir of 'are we there yet'. C'mon Coachz, you can do better.
One request for communication is now interpreted as demanding constant reports? I have no plans to learn Walter or use Walter as I am definitely not a theme developer. It's not ironic at all that I draw the adult card as I'm very good at communication which is what adults do in my area. Apparently cultures are very different elsewhere and are fine with people not communicating. I'm learning so much. Luckily I can be tolerant of other cultures once I learn their unique peculiarities.
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #371
Breeder

Quote:
Word!
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote