Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 09-29-2022, 02:56 PM   #1
Whalletz
Human being with feelings

Default Region Manager Forcing Exported Tracks Mono

When using the add selected tracks to render list function in the Region/Marker Manager, the selected tracks added in the Region Render Matrix are all forced to be mono with a "1" instead of the filled in square if you manually click on a track and region box.

Steps To Repro:
1)Have tracks and regions in session.
2)Select tracks in the Main Edit window.
3)Open the Region/Marker Manager window and select regions you want.
4)Look under the Render Track List column, click, and select add selected tracks to render list.
5)Under the Region Render Matrix all added tracks and regions for export will have the "1" and be mono on export.

More info:

All tracks are 2 channel tracks(although one track has mono media on it).

If I use the same steps but in the Render Track List column I select the track manually from the list that is there at the bottom then the behavior is as expected with a filled in square.

Reaper 6.68. Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks!

Last edited by Whalletz; 09-30-2022 at 09:33 AM.
Whalletz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 09:06 AM   #2
osy

I have had a similar issue for quite some time, I cannot say which Reaper version changed this behaviour. Anyway, how I experience this as follows:

I record audio from two different sources to tracks, which I have under a folder track. The end result needs to be that these are rendered to "stereo" mp3 files, where one track goes to the left and the other to the right channel.

This used to work as expected when I added the folder track into the Render Track List in the Region/Marker Manager. Now I have to go to the Render Matrix and change the "1" to a square, which is rather tedious as I usually have around a hundred folder ttacks in a project.

Another related issue is that the Render Track List is often unresponsive to a left mouse click, which brings up the menu from which a track (folder track in my case) can be selected for a region to be rendered.
osy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 10:56 AM   #3
schwa
Administrator

Fixing, thanks for the report (and sorry for overlooking the original post).
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 05:05 AM   #4
BessenLend

Oh no ! This bug was very useful within game audio workflows for rendering many region assets from the region manager as either forced mono (render only selected tracks) or as stereo (by navigating in Render Track List down to the specific track).

@schwa could we have a second entry when we right click the Region Track List to offer both behaviours ?
Such as :
- render only selected tracks (forced mono)
- render only selected tracks

With the current fix I have to click every regions in the Region Render Matrix to force mono them. Not practical when having hundreds of assets across different tracks...

Thank you for your help !
Cheers
BessenLend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 05:18 AM   #5
schwa
Administrator

Yes, I think it would be easy to add force mono, force stereo, and force multichannel to that menu.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 05:19 AM   #6
BessenLend

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Yes, I think it would be easy to add force mono, force stereo, and force multichannel to that menu.
Great !
Old 01-17-2024, 05:18 AM   #7
BessenLend

Else if inside the Region Render Matrix, we could by holding shift or another key, induce the force mono selection. Maybe that could be one way around it.

- If I hold Shift down and drag across the Region Render Matrix, I get a a row of "1".
- If I don't hold Shift down and drag across the Region Render Matrix, I get a a row of full black square.

The idea being to quickly assign the force mono option to a selection of regions for a selected track.