Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 05-10-2023, 02:21 PM   #281
lexaproductions
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koley View Post
Hey! How would i get the the WRB to show the current project displayed?

It’s asking for “projExtState Section” and “projExtState key” ?
Sorry I missed this.
The new WRB is integrated in the next version coming up. It is a MAJOR upgrade but takes time to be tested. A lot of cool new features are coming up...
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 02:23 PM   #282
Hipox

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaproductions View Post
Same link. The latest build is always there.

You are more than welcome to donate again if you feel like it.
I'll do for sure thanks!
Hipox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 10:34 AM   #283
Hambone68

Default Change click division mid-song?

Is it possible to switch the click division for only a portion of a song? I have a song that goes to double-time during the last guitar solo and would like the click to also go double-time in that section.

I know I could just double the tempo, but the song is already written out in a single tempo and it would be rather painful to re-write and re-render as I have both midi and audio items that would need to be edited.

Ideally, what I would like to do is add an action that tells REALive to switch to 8th-note clicks instead of quarter-note clicks. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thanks!
Hambone68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 10:56 AM   #284
juan_r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone68 View Post
Ideally, what I would like to do is add an action that tells REALive to switch to 8th-note clicks instead of quarter-note clicks. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thanks!
I haven't tried, but how about setting the time signature to 8/8? Bars would stay the same length.
Old 06-26-2023, 11:12 AM   #285
lexaproductions

We’ll the click is a looped midi item. So you can manipulate it the way you need.
Using the item playback rate in the item setting dialog works great for this.
Old 06-26-2023, 02:13 PM   #286
Hambone68

@Juan_R: Good thought, but unfortunately it didn't change the click. Thanks for the input!

@Lexa: I suppose I could mess around with adding another click item and changing its play rate, but that won't persist if I have to rebuild the conductor track will it?

I noticed that there's a (totally inaudible) shaker on the "Click Divisions" track, so I could put an action marker that runs the REALive_ClickTrack_ToggleMuteDivision script which would do what I want. Is there a way to (quickly and easily change the shaker sound to the same cowbell sound used in the default click type?
Hambone68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 03:12 PM   #287
lexaproductions

Easier than that:
You leave everything like it is now
You cut the click track midi items to the spot you want to be double time
Disable grouping and select only the « beat » click item
Bring up the item properties and set playback rate to 2X

That’s it. Simpler and quicker than messing with action markers.

You can be creative with item properties and item mute to enable disable the sub division as well

Just be aware that rebuilding the click track will erase those changes.
Old 08-07-2023, 06:19 AM   #288
Benpeledmusic@gmail.com

Default Live inputs in realive

Hi, I'm wondering what's the best way to wire live channels with autotune I have 15 songs etch one has autotune, I wired them into an audio routing project Each song has a separate autotune with different key then the audio routing project has the process (eq compression) The problem is that when I switch to audio routing view the singer are in mute as long as the song is not playing even when I change the settings that inputs will work even when the project is not playing I would be happy at all if there was an option so that when I'm not playing, the inputs will be heard, but the automation won't work at the moment, it's in my automation

Also how i can cancelled that if i do a mute on the click evrey time that i change to live view the mute on the click opens?

Last edited by Benpeledmusic@gmail.com; 08-07-2023 at 06:25 AM.
Benpeledmusic@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 12:32 PM   #289
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benpeledmusic@gmail.com View Post
Hi, I'm wondering what's the best way to wire live channels with autotune I have 15 songs etch one has autotune, I wired them into an audio routing project Each song has a separate autotune with different key then the audio routing project has the process (eq compression) The problem is that when I switch to audio routing view the singer are in mute as long as the song is not playing even when I change the settings that inputs will work even when the project is not playing I would be happy at all if there was an option so that when I'm not playing, the inputs will be heard, but the automation won't work at the moment, it's in my automation

Also how i can cancelled that if i do a mute on the click evrey time that i change to live view the mute on the click opens?
1- you can enable run background projects. But that will enable all projects all the time. I’m not sure I understand why you need to stay in routing tab while the singer is singing though? I’ll be happy to help if I fully understand the request.

2- you can mute the click media items directly. (Select the item and hit the [X] key. The muting/unmuting of the click is needed when you Segway from one song to another so that both click are not heard.
Old 08-08-2023, 12:56 AM   #290
Benpeledmusic@gmail.com

Hi thanks for the quick answer and of course for all your amazing work 🙏
I need to be able to navigate to the audio routing project for my process and my balance
When the singer is talking between the songs if i open the audio routing its make him muted
Old 08-08-2023, 01:00 AM   #291
Benpeledmusic@gmail.com

Also I dont know if its a bug but when i change the preference auto/menual enable in audio routing i need to deactivate and then activate the audio routing project to make it work
Old 08-08-2023, 01:01 AM   #292
Benpeledmusic@gmail.com

Were is the preference to run background project?
Old 08-08-2023, 06:25 AM   #293
lexaproductions

Quote:
I need to be able to navigate to the audio routing project for my process and my balance
When the singer is talking between the songs if i open the audio routing its make him muted
I would advise to keep the mic channel in the audio routing. If you need to automate the key, you could do so using MIDI and the iac driver.
"Reaper’s pre-release allows inter tabs midi communication but it’s not in the official build yet."

Quote:
Also I dont know if its a bug but when i change the preference auto/menual enable in audio routing i need to deactivate and then activate the audio routing project to make it work
I may have not understood your request but it works for me. I've put a noise generator on a channel and If I toggle it it works?

Quote:
Where is the preference to run background project?
The preference is in the action list. "Project tabs: Run background projects"

Last edited by lexaproductions; 08-08-2023 at 06:56 AM.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:56 AM   #294
Benpeledmusic@gmail.com

I’m not using the pre release because i am afraid from crashing
So i doesn’t know how it possible to automate it…

Thanks allot for the help and everything
Old 08-08-2023, 10:59 AM   #295
lexaproductions

Like I said, you can do it with the official release and the iac driver.
Old 08-08-2023, 11:03 AM   #296
Benpeledmusic@gmail.com

ok thanks
Old 08-14-2023, 06:50 AM   #297
lexaproductions

Quote:
Hey, I just thought about this, and if you leave a blank space at the end of your song and let it play, you’ll be able to achieve what you want I think. Playing tabs are always enabled.

You can move the blue STOP marker at the end of the song to keep it playing.
Old 08-19-2023, 01:13 PM   #298
u2tributeband

Default Just found this ReaLive post ...

Where do I find/download ReaLive? I've been using another app for live shows and would like to give this a try.

Is it free or a purchase?

Thanks,
Chris
u2tributeband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 01:36 PM   #299
lexaproductions

Click on the link in the first post to donate 50$. Then you’ll receive a download link.
Old 08-19-2023, 02:32 PM   #300
u2tributeband

Quote:
Click on the link in the first post to donate 50$. Then you’ll receive a download link.
Okay, thanks! That's what I thought, but I was confused when I first read that post. I thought the $50 was for the manual. 😂 🤦🏻‍♂️
u2tributeband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 01:32 PM   #301
itamar92

Default Requests and Questions

Hey Alex,

I have a couple of questions and requests:

1. I've noticed a latency issue with the space bar play function ever since one of the recent Realive updates. My buffer is set to 1024, and there are no plugins on the master. I remember that in one of the earlier versions of Realive, this problem didn't exist. Do you have any insights on how to solve this?

2. Request: During my live shows, I use a video prompter for the singers. To keep the video screen on, I need to save the view set of the live view and the edit view every time. Is there a way to create another view set that includes video so that I don't have to adjust the view settings every time?

3. Request: Could a function be added to the conductor track build that automatically changes the name of the first marker (usually "Count") to the name of the song? This would make it easier to control the show using the web app, and it would save me from doing it manually.

4. Request: adding a script that leave only up to 5 backups files in the backup folder of every song when pressing the save button. or doing it automatically in the background.

5. Do you have a GitHub repository for this project? It might be a convenient way to submit feature requests and report issues.

Thank you for your assistance.

Itamar

Last edited by itamar92; 09-25-2023 at 01:37 PM. Reason: adding another request
itamar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 01:52 PM   #302
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by itamar92 View Post
1. I've noticed a latency issue with the space bar play function ever since one of the recent Realive updates. My buffer is set to 1024, and there are no plugins on the master. I remember that in one of the earlier versions of Realive, this problem didn't exist. Do you have any insights on how to solve this?
There is a MAJOR update in the pipeline that's coming along REAPER 7. Several features are coming and the I worked a bit on this issue I was having with playback not being snappy. That being said, it is always related with the block size. Smaller Block size = snappier playback.

Quote:
2. Request: During my live shows, I use a video prompter for the singers. To keep the video screen on, I need to save the view set of the live view and the edit view every time. Is there a way to create another view set that includes video so that I don't have to adjust the view settings every time?
Do you mean you must save it on every updates? Or on every startup?

Quote:
3. Request: Could a function be added to the conductor track build that automatically changes the name of the first marker (usually "Count") to the name of the song? This would make it easier to control the show using the web app, and it would save me from doing it manually.
Actually with the next REALIVE update, the Title of the song is now included in the WebApp. But this is interesting to put the title on the first marker. I'll think about it.

Quote:
4. Request: adding a script that leave only up to 5 backups files in the backup folder of every song when pressing the save button. or doing it automatically in the background.
Isn't there already a setting in REAPER for this? I'll look it up.

Quote:
5. Do you have a GitHub repository for this project? It might be a convenient way to submit feature requests and report issues.
Not yet. A new website is in the making. Hopefully a Repo will be in the work as well.

Thanks for your interest and feedback. Keep Em Coming!!!
Old 09-25-2023, 10:37 PM   #303
itamar92

Quote:
There is a MAJOR update in the pipeline that's coming along REAPER 7. Several features are coming and the I worked a bit on this issue I was having with playback not being snappy. That being said, it is always related with the block size. Smaller Block size = snappier playback.
Wow ! Can't wait

Quote:
Do you mean you must save it on every updates? Or on every startup?
the thing is - when im in the show i need to adjust the view to work with with video but back at home or when im rehersaling (with only one screen) the video is blocking the main view.. so i need to change it back again. if im only open the reaper for the show than the setup is ok and i dont need to change it.

Quote:
Isn't there already a setting in REAPER for this? I'll look it up.
there is.. and in the earlier update thats what i did. but on every update i need to adjust it from the beginning so i thought if you could put it as part of the realive it would be with no problems
itamar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 09:27 AM   #304
lexaproductions

Quote:
Wow ! Can't wait
I'm dependent on a few Reaper 7 features so as soon as it's available to the public, I'll try to release my REALIVE update.

Quote:
the thing is - when im in the show i need to adjust the view to work with with video but back at home or when im rehersaling (with only one screen) the video is blocking the main view.. so i need to change it back again. if im only open the reaper for the show than the setup is ok and i dont need to change it.
Ah ok, sure, I can add a pref for that.

Quote:
there is.. and in the earlier update thats what i did. but on every update i need to adjust it from the beginning so i thought if you could put it as part of the realive it would be with no problems
Well since this is a REAPER pref and that everybody can have a different taste, I don't think I want REALIVE to handle this sorry. I'll try to make sure REALIVE ignores it so that it doesn't affect it on each install on my end.
Old 10-11-2023, 09:17 AM   #305
DILI

This looks very interesting! do you know if this dev is still alive? would love to give it a go.
DILI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 10:41 AM   #306
lexaproductions

I am well alive and actively working on this.

Old 10-11-2023, 02:40 PM   #307
DILI

Great!!! please check your DM. Thanks!
DILI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 09:52 AM   #308
giohappy

Quote:
That being said, it is always related with the block size. Smaller Block size = snappier playback.
I don't own Realive yet (I'm waiting for the update for Reaper 7), but I'm curious in which way the block size affects it's functionality.

From what I've read its seek and play functions are based on the Reascript's merhods to set the edit and play cursor position, which AFAIU depend on the 0.03 limit of deferred calls.

Does Realive use JSFX (audio thread) to communicate via gmem?
giohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 01:42 PM   #309
lexaproductions

No, Realive use the audio loopback to route audio from one tab to another.

It takes one cycle of buffer to route audio between tabs so the larger the block, the larger the delay

With the arrival of Reaper 7, there is a significant Realive upgrade coming very soon. Some of those performance optimizations are adressed.

Stay tuned…
Old 11-08-2023, 03:13 PM   #310
/AND/

Quote:

A 50$ donation is needed.
This makes is a payment, not a donation. Donation is voluntary.
/AND/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 04:29 PM   #311
Mavriq

Is a copy of the user manual available without paying the donation? I would be much more inclined to pay if I was more certain of ReaLives suitability to my needs...

Thanks!

(Also looking forward to version 7 upgrade)
Mavriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 06:21 PM   #312
lexaproductions

Sure.
Pm me your e-mail
Old 01-07-2024, 10:49 AM   #313
stipsi

Hi

It's been a while since the last post and there's not much going on here anymore...
What does it look like now with the MAJOR update and Reaper 7?
I read through the manual and it sounds very interesting to me, great job!
Will the announced videos ever be available?
Since I'm a complete career changer, it would really, really help any beginner and make it much more interesting!
stipsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 11:52 AM   #314
lexaproductions

Version 7 is already out for beta testing. If you want to try it, you must get the current version and I’ll send it to you.

Hopefully by the end of this month, some video stuff will be out.
Old 01-07-2024, 12:07 PM   #315
stipsi

That sounds good! I'm already waiting eagerly for the videos. Thank you in advance for the great work on this project!
stipsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:07 PM   #316
pitchshifter50

Default Backing tracks pitch change on tempo increse / decrease

Just had a quick question - if I use backing tracks and wish to up the tempo of a song, will the backing tracks (Wav / MP3s) automatically match with the tempo change without affecting the pitch of the track?
pitchshifter50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 02:05 PM   #317
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchshifter50 View Post
Just had a quick question - if I use backing tracks and wish to up the tempo of a song, will the backing tracks (Wav / MP3s) automatically match with the tempo change without affecting the pitch of the track?
Yes. And if you have timecode, it won’t be effected. Same thing with pitch change. Only the tracks that have pitch are effected.
Old 01-23-2024, 06:35 PM   #318
sammybatu

Default still avalable?

Hi, i wanna give a try ... is it still available on 2024?
Old 01-23-2024, 10:11 PM   #319
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammybatu View Post
Hi, i wanna give a try ... is it still available on 2024?
Yes it is.
Old 02-12-2024, 02:22 PM   #320
lexaproductions

I've been informed that the paypal link was not working anymore. It's fixed now.