Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
Till
Human being with feelings

Default Democracy is restored / Voting

There is great News for everybody! I have invested an afternoon of mine to bring democracy to this Forum!

I have written a little script that once a day (@night in germany) searches the entire forum and every little post for "++1", "+1", "-1" and "--1". (The latest, highest expression counts, posting "++1" twice doesn't work)

EDIT:
the script now runs once per hour, smartly updating the list.

EDIT:
votes by the author of the thread are now being ignored.

By posting these expressions anywhere in a thread you vote for that thread. (for all the numb-nuts out there: ++1 means +2 and --1 means -2)

All the votes are collected, summed and put into this list:

Reaper FR Vote Counter (url changed 2008-06-25)

As this is already a very popular form of expressing enthusiasm for a topic i thought: why not use it? I now hope that everybody will pick up on this habit and vote their asses off and thus make the whole discussion "my idea is more important than yours" redundant. And i especially hope, that the best programmers in the whole world will use this powerful tool, to make their fellow artists happier.

EDIT:
whenever you see some gibberish starting with an exclamation mark: these are orders for the bot to specially mark or group FRs. JasonTheron has offered his help and is currently grouping and cleaning the enormous list of FRs. Thanks, man!

EDIT:

You can help! The author of a thread (1st post) can now decide what happens to the thread via the regular commands:

!done marks the FR done
!ngh marks the FR never gonna happen
!ignore ignores the thread - it will not appear in any list
!group "GROUPNAME" will group the Thread with an existing group (careful, case-sensitive).

edit these commands into the first post of the thread and help cleaning without making noise. Note that updates of this kind can take up to a week to appear in the list.

Please give us some feedback on this!

EDIT:
Important for people that are new to this forum: check out the highest ranked FRs and the "Never gonna happen"-list to prevent useless double-posting!

EDIT:
if you find a FR that's definately done or bogus, PM me or JasonTheron and we'll take care of it, there are currently almost 3000 FRs and we appreciate any help we can get to sort this mess.

EDIT:
we try (try!) to be as silent as possible doing this, please forgive us, if we sometimes create a mess on the front page of this forum...

"Recording is God's way of telling you that you suck." - Bob Brozman

My Jesusonic FX - Xenakios' Extension

REAPER FR Tracker - what is that?

The "How Stuff works in REAPER": video blog

Last edited by Till; 06-25-2008 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Keeping up-to-date
Till is offline   Reply With Quote