Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 02-26-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
JoeyM123
Human being with feelings

Default Tried to export plugin .fxp/.fxb lately? Might be broke

Both on 32-bit 5.70, one Reaper here is installed as Portable and the other regular.

I'd like plugin presets I made in Reaper to be accessible from any other host, and when you go to Export as FXB or FXP, the result is a little over a 1k file and doesn't have much in there. If I'm missing some direction a thousand thanks if someone can help me figure this out.
JoeyM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM123 View Post
Both on 32-bit 5.70, one Reaper here is installed as Portable and the other regular.

I'd like plugin presets I made in Reaper to be accessible from any other host, and when you go to Export as FXB or FXP, the result is a little over a 1k file and doesn't have much in there. If I'm missing some direction a thousand thanks if someone can help me figure this out.
Depending on the plugin, the preset files can be pretty small, that's not a problem in itself. Why do you expect them to be large? What plugins did you try?

I just tested saving .fxp files in Reaper from ValhallaRoom and PaulXStretch (which has some more complicated state) and I was able to load the presets back in Ableton Live.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #3
JoeyM123

Thanks a lot for quick reply. REply Heh, REAply oh bah doom shhh...

But anyway... many plugins didn't save anything when I tried last night,

Soundspot Oracle: nothing exported as FXB (and I had already re-saved their preset system to RPP)

MeldaProduction: nothing exported as .FXB (this is understandable because their preset
system is beyond reach. Still, I had also re-saved those as RPP).

Toneboosters Ferox: "factory" presets exported as .FXB, but none of my user presets susvived.

So it's hit and miss what will export and what won't. Still to try later today will be to see if user presets export preset-by preset. I'll try later and let you know.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:21 PM   #4
Xenakios

Many plugins don't support the fxb system. Or are you saying that used to work with Reaper with some plugins previously and now doesn't?
Old 03-04-2018, 04:47 PM   #5
JoeyM123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
Many plugins don't support the fxb system. Or are you saying that used to work with Reaper with some plugins previously and now doesn't?
You're right Xenakios, the presets export perfectly but I've had no luck with the banks.

I don't know if Cockos would consider am option to export from RPP to FXB file, but it would be another convenience in a pinch.