Old 03-18-2017, 11:12 PM   #1
soundchaser59
Human being with feelings

Default Any Way To Revert My Theme?

I had my theme laid out exactly as I wanted it. Somehow, after I installed 64 bit Reaper, I opened an old 32 bit project and my old theme was there. I didn't have to change anything. How did it do that? And how do I make it do that again?

Reason is this......the overload indicator on the meters was the wrong color, not readable. So I went looking for the theme editor and it is gone. Googled a few things and tried a suggestion I found in one of the search results and BAMMMM wiped out my theme and it reset everything back to some ugly default crap. I cussed for an hour.

Is there any way to revert back to my old theme that was working just before I blindly clicked on that damn reset option?
Old 03-19-2017, 02:56 AM   #2
solger

Does the old Theme still appear again when you load an old project?
If that's the case, try this:

1) Open the Action List and run the action 'Theme Development: Show theme tweak/configuration window to open the Theme Editor (since version 5 it's just not directly accessible via the Preferences anymore)
2) Use the [Save Theme ...] button to save the Theme

Otherwise maybe try if the old Theme appears again when you open the .RPP project file via Double-Click in the Windows File Explorer (instead of using File -> Open Project in Reaper).

If you still have a backup of your old 32-bit Reaper installation files, you can also try to do a search for any .ReaperTheme and .ReaperThemeZip files.

Last edited by solger; 03-19-2017 at 03:03 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:32 AM   #3
soundchaser59

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Does the old Theme still appear again when you load an old project?
If that's the case, try this:

1) Open the Action List and run the action 'Theme Development: Show theme tweak/configuration window to open the Theme Editor (since version 5 it's just not directly accessible via the Preferences anymore)
2) Use the [Save Theme ...] button to save the Theme

Otherwise maybe try if the old Theme appears again when you open the .RPP project file via Double-Click in the Windows File Explorer (instead of using File -> Open Project in Reaper).

If you still have a backup of your old 32-bit Reaper installation files, you can also try to do a search for any .ReaperTheme and .ReaperThemeZip files.
Tried opening an old project and still got the ugly reset theme, at least part of it. Tried it by double clicking, same result. My colors show up, but the positions and shapes of all the buttons and meters and everything is way out of whack.

I backed up quite a few things from my old C drive before I wiped it, so I may have the old install files, I will check. Thanks!

Otherwise, if all else fails......I got to groove.

Ooooops.....errrrr......uuhhmm.....wait.....I mean I may be better off (meaning it may save me some time) to just sample several custom themes available for download until I get one that is reasonably close to what I had. There are several good ones out there.

The main thing is I need to retrain myself to use the relocated theme editor. dammit......
Old 03-19-2017, 10:47 PM   #4
soundchaser59

Ok, I think I get it now. Under Extensions > Resources I now have a list of about 40 themes to choose from. I can use CTRL+ALT+ PGUP/PGDWN to instantly switch between the themes in the list.

The pleasant surprise was that my old theme just happened to be in the folder where I downloaded all the other themes.

Now that I get how it works, I guess this theme manager is a better way to handle it.

I still need to figure out how to set that meter overload color.....yellow overload color with white font makes it impossible to read the numbers. I monitor that meter level on all tracks constantly while I'm mixing a tune, and it tells me exactly how far over the line the signal went.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:43 AM   #5
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundchaser59 View Post
I still need to figure out how to set that meter overload color.....yellow overload color with white font makes it impossible to read the numbers. I monitor that meter level on all tracks constantly while I'm mixing a tune, and it tells me exactly how far over the line the signal went.
I'm guessing that this is what you're looking for:

In the Theme Editor: scroll down to the VU color section and change the color for VU (indicator) - hot signal

Last edited by solger; 03-20-2017 at 02:51 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote