Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 06-29-2018, 06:50 AM   #1
israeltandrade
Human being with feelings

Default Create A Little Bigger MIDI Item to the left (by Default?)

Hi! I always work with MIDI, Kontakt Libraries and Keyswitchs/CC. BUT, my fist note on the MIDI Item almost always take the last articulation control attributed to CC/Keyswitch of some other note after. (this is painful, even when rendering)

So, I tend to expand my MIDI Items a little to the left so I can put the Keyswitch/CC before and it could be reconized at good time to change the articulation. (this takes time)

Part of the problem I resolved with custom actions and this guy scripts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByNrHGyxUiw

His script makes the CC to be a little to the left when applyed to a note/notes. BUT, the first note attached to the beggining of the MIDI Item doesn´t even get a CC because there is no space.

So, is it possible that my MIDI Items (i use the time selection and shortcuts funcion) could be made with a little expansion to the left so I could put the keyswitch at good time?

Or Even better. Could CC takes priority over note information?

Thanks for the attention!
israeltandrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:01 AM   #2
ivansc

That is what the event list editor is for

This situation has a history that goes back to the dawn of MIDI sequencing, FWIW
Old 06-29-2018, 08:37 PM   #3
israeltandrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
That is what the event list editor is for

This situation has a history that goes back to the dawn of MIDI sequencing, FWIW
Hi Ivansc, thanks for the attention! So, I can mannually change the event position by typing in to event list view, but it would be very slow with various medi items. Am I missing something? Is there a more efficient way of using the event list?
Old 06-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #4
israeltandrade

Just found a temporary (but totally effective ) solution!!!
(list of actions on the figure attached)
I´ve just moved THE NOTES to be in top of the CCs instead of moving the CCs to be below the notes! Then I moved the notes back to where they belong. oO
If someone knows a better way I´m hearing, but for now it works. (but I still need some little space to the left of the MIDI Item so it can work with the note closest to it´s edge)

The example is, delete other articulacion CC messages and notations associated, and them bringing the proper CC message for sustained notes. (that are interpreted by js plugin and sent to Kontakt.

Picture of actions on my reply here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=179065